whoiscasey

Neutralizing Incapacitated Players

I am not certain this has been discussed, and Ive spent some time searching.. so I hope this could be answered. If not, it is a suggestion. 

When a player is downed and needing a revival, is there, or could there, be a function where an opposing force can continue to inflict damage on an incapacitated player in order to progress their status from incapacitated to KIA (dead-dead)? I've been in positions where I storm into a building and clear it, whith enemy friendlies still in proximity and remain "alive", awaiting revival. I would like to see a feature that would allow me to continue to fire upon their bodies to push them into a state of death beyond revival... any thoughts?

It has to be realistic, so a call-of-duty execution style animation is of course out of the list. Maybe have an animation where you could check their pulse? I'm really going out there but after you check their pulse you can then shoot them once again for them to be "KIA". I've never actually seen it done before, I thought it would be an interesting concept. 

Why even bother having a revival state. If the enemy can just pop you where you are downed.

The way it is atm is perfect imo

Your talking about War Crimes!? Gonna report you & your mates to the Geneva Convention!...You bloodthirsty barstados!... :P

^Agreed with Melbo...Don't think is going to happen.

Raging Death nailed it. Conventional forces and nations follow the rules of war and executing wounded combatants violates those rules. The insurgents are the only faction that could possibly do this but until someone makes a good mechanism for it it will probably be left out completely.

This suggestion came from a game in ARMA where you could do this in order to perma-kill a player. After reading the responses and and some more thought, I agree that it is unneccesary.. I respect the feedback and ultimately agree, thank you for the responses!

No shooting the wounded. Either leave it how it is now or add securing downed enemies.

No shooting the wounded. Either leave it how it is now or add securing downed enemies.

A thought, dont take it too serious. With the talk of dragging bodies to secure locations.... what if an opposing force could drag an enemy body from its known location to pull them to a hostile location for their teammates to easily access. I know that a player can simply give up in that case, but that is a valuable ticket spent. Again, this may be impractical, but an interesting idea

Hey this is actually a really good idea - reminds me of Swat 4 or Rainbow Six Raven Shield solution when you had to handcuff the criminals to secure them.

Securing the enemy eliminates the brutality of shooting the wounded. You put some sort of handcuffs on them (or other animation) and they become non- revivable. But you can only do this if there are no enemies in say... 80m radius, simulating that area is secured. This means you also have to be on site and cant kia someone from far away by shooting their body repeatedly.

Already been extensively discussed internally and not a direction we are interested in going for gameplay and personal ethical reasons.