Sign in to follow this  
IrOnTaXi

OP First Light Feedback - Bugs and Issues (no theories, ideas or opinions)

Would love to see a little bit more cover in random areas of the map. I feel it's to sand box like when trying to cross a field and just get picked off to easily.

I miss having more trees and be able to move with a bit more cover. That's my only real gripe besides the map being wrong still.

The reworked objectives are nice. I still think it's a great seeding map that delivers Squad gameplay better than Sumari does right now. I can't wait to see what is in store for that map! ;)

Don't know if this have been taken care of but I've found grass like this around the storage,

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/401182814318624761/7E446DFD58C0926D89DBF88C09C68D5556E39544/

Edit:

Went prone next to the wall, moved a little and got stuck inside it... twice.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/365155921137850908/A73689456CF3D7E203A0F055C7A640B28B2027D9/

I miss having more trees and be able to move with a bit more cover.

Agreed, some more trees and up the fernery please. :wub:

Player stuck prone today in the east side shed under the gantry. I was able pop one round into his leg, then heal glitch him back out.

2016-01-12_00003.jpg

This map still causing issues crashing/freezing up at the end of a map? It's been a while, but the last time this map was on our server (2-3 weeks ago?) at the end if froze up, and we lost over 50% of the population as they black screen'd. The map ended up restarting over instead of progressing to a new map. I do not think we've put it back in the rotation since.

Although it's against the thread, I have nowhere else to post this I think.

Could we get some actual hills in this map, pretty please?

Dont build FOB basement of estate, FOB spawns outside map. and lots of issues

YYNhbYg.jpg

Three new things:

1. Stair on the east side of the new train station looks a bit funky.

http://i.imgur.com/Ge7cybG.jpg

2. Got stuck inside said staircase when I tried to go prone while crawling on it (near the very top of the regular staircase).

http://i.imgur.com/7N1TTpw.jpg

3. Bullet impacts on this staircase sound absolutely awesome. <3

US can shoot at militia safely from their spawn if the militia has the last flag making it a death trap.

2. Got stuck inside said staircase when I tried to go prone while crawling on it (near the very top of the regular staircase).

http://i.imgur.com/7N1TTpw.jpg

Got this problem 3 times in a row.

If you stand near the last step, or even on the upper platform already, and go to prone, you will slip on the second last step and stuck there.

Didn't try to medic-glitch me out yet.

This is a hard issue on nearly every staircase.

I have expanded castle as well as completely changed the train wreck. (in addition to adding some stuff to all other flag areas)

Should play out in having more cover to fight from. much more. 

Nr20G0t.jpg

expanded castle

BvnMyS3.jpg

Approach to train yard

mfxDbI6.jpg

former train wreck

nrO2VZ7.png

warehouse area

looking at some other feedback I am going to see if I have room to push back the US main more. 

we will see!

Can you make horizon beyond the edges of the map not visible? It feels like I am in Truman Show.  :P

I know I'm playing on a potato, but am I the only one getting huge FPS drops when looking at the piles of coal? Seriously, how many polygons are those things made of?

I love the changes, the new structures look awesome and more cover will be welcome in battle.  :)

It's a personal pet peeve of mine, but I like maps that tell a story, where you can fly around and see the history of a place, how people lived there and this map is wonky in that regard. And, I know this has zero impact on gameplay, as well as, you likely have a vision as to how to tie it all together. Or maybe not, since I know this map was never intended to be more than a test at the beginning.

However, it bugs me that there's a warehouse complex sitting in a rural area of small farms with no paved roads and there's no obvious reason that any business would build it. What would be stored there? There's no mine, lumberyard, timber cutting areas on the map, factory, nothing to collect. Now, there's a big beautiful storage tank, but no pipelines on the map, well heads, chemical plant, no reason to store that much water. What's it for?

And the train.... I love the train, really, I do. But, why is it there? Trains only pass through rural areas, or they go to places to pick stuff or people up. I could see a spur going to the warehouse and the line passing straight through the map, but there wouldn't be a train shed in the middle of nowhere. Those are in urban areas at the end of the lines, where trains can be worked on. There's not a big enough population to justify a stop, let alone a station.

So, anyway, it bugs me.

Feel free to tell me to shut up and just play the map.....  :P

I love the changes, the new structures look awesome and more cover will be welcome in battle.  :)

It's a personal pet peeve of mine, but I like maps that tell a story, where you can fly around and see the history of a place, how people lived there and this map is wonky in that regard. And, I know this has zero impact on gameplay, as well as, you likely have a vision as to how to tie it all together. Or maybe not, since I know this map was never intended to be more than a test at the beginning.

However, it bugs me that there's a warehouse complex sitting in a rural area of small farms with no paved roads and there's no obvious reason that any business would build it. What would be stored there? There's no mine, lumberyard, timber cutting areas on the map, factory, nothing to collect. Now, there's a big beautiful storage tank, but no pipelines on the map, well heads, chemical plant, no reason to store that much water. What's it for?

And the train.... I love the train, really, I do. But, why is it there? Trains only pass through rural areas, or they go to places to pick stuff or people up. I could see a spur going to the warehouse and the line passing straight through the map, but there wouldn't be a train shed in the middle of nowhere. Those are in urban areas at the end of the lines, where trains can be worked on. There's not a big enough population to justify a stop, let alone a station.

So, anyway, it bugs me.

Feel free to tell me to shut up and just play the map.....  :P

It wasn't a business but a govt project to mine coal that was seriously underfunded and ultimately abandoned. 

In the intervening years the locals took over and continued to use the warehouse and mine area for local logging activities

sadly the connecting road between the rail line and the mine was never completed and temporary dirt road has since faded into time. 

This is an economically depressed area ruled by an inept govt.. what can I say..  strange crap happens. 

On 2016-03-01 at 0:20 PM, MK_Blackbird said:

I know I'm playing on a potato, but am I the only one getting huge FPS drops when looking at the piles of coal? Seriously, how many polygons are those things made of?

83R0jTR.jpg

The piles of coal kills your fps (maybe overly detailed shadows, amount of ambient occlusion or heavy tessellation...) which also happens on Fool's Road.

It wasn't a business but a govt project to mine coal that was seriously underfunded and ultimately abandoned.

In the intervening years the locals took over and continued to use the warehouse and mine area for local logging activities

sadly the connecting road between the rail line and the mine was never completed and temporary dirt road has since faded into time.

Perhaps the train track's traffic lights should be off, in that case. :rolleyes:

This is an economically depressed area ruled by an inept govt.. what can I say..  strange crap happens. 

Damn dictators.....

Don't remove the open danger areas that need to be crossed please! They add to the tactical considerations necessary when determining avenues of approach.