DrBigMoney

Happy New Years from Squad League! We Hope to Rock Hard in 2016.

j4uFtcj.png

=======================================
FIRST, OUR MISSION STATEMENT

It is our objective to deliver the premier platform for Squad league play. A platform built by members of the community for members of the community. We will be highly ambitious in our effort to champion the community, champion our clans, champion Squad League, and most importantly, champion Squad. Through demonstrated successes, we hope to earn the trust of the community. For without the community, Squad League is nonexistent.

WHERE WE'VE COME FROM

• 30 DEC 2015 We were finally able to get our official Squad League servers online thanks to the help of @Litoralis and @ibk
  • 29 DEC 2015 We launched our Squad League Discord group.  We hope to use this venue as a place for immediate feedback from all corners of the Squad community and just well getting to know all you fine people.  For you clan leads out there, we also have a separate channel to discuss future events, direction of the league's, and ensure we all remain good friends above anything.
  • 5 DEC 2015 Squad League host our first matches, a huge props goes out to @Z-trooper for all his work with us.  While these were simply exhibition matches, they were huge in our books for showing that we're on the right path, that the devs now think we're on the right path, but more importantly, the clans felt we were on the right path.  The feedback was overwhelmingly positive from all corners of the Squad community and we've been hard at work since trying to improve everything about how we conduct ourselves, our delivery, our technology, you name it.......we've been at work on it.  And also mad props to @Rusty for his first time announcing, I think we all thought it went extremely well and he's crazy dedicated to bettering himself.....also props to @Ross and @Hollywood for conducting our stream chats, while not as glamorous, it's the direct conduit to the community during streams and they did a fine job.     
  • 5 OCT 2015 Squad League officially announced on the official forums.  The skepticism is strong. wink.png
  • 30 SEP 2015 I propose the idea of Squad League on the official forums.  I birthed this idea out of a few things.  One, with a wife and kids I just don't have the dedicated game time many in clans do (though this has become a full-time job, lol). Two, I have fond memories of clans duking it out in the Medal of Honor Allied Assault days and I felt like we haven't seen that level of admiration for clans in some time.  Three, I love attempting to develop communities with amazing people.  The first one I did, DayZ Underground, was an amazing experience and that group has been handed off to some amazing people who are still doing amazing things with it (my passion for DayZ though was over......that mod love just couldn't be rekindled and I'm not one that overstays their welcome when my heart's not in it). 

WHERE WE'RE GOING, THE QUICK AND DIRTY EDITION

• JAN 2016 We have five matches currently scheduled this month and couldn't be more excited and the clans couldn't be more excited.  Schedule below.
  • FEB 2016 No clans currently signed up, but there will absolutely be matches.  This month we have a different aim.  We want to record matches using the battle recorder (or whatever it's called) and then stream them after the fact.  Why?  Well, when the competition starts getting real, aka moves out of the "exhibition" stage, there might be issues with even 15 minute delays to the streams and people being notified of where FOBs/Rallys are and whatnot.  We want to see if this is a viable option for us/the community.
  • MAR/APR 2016 We'd like to host our first exhibition tournament/playoff scenario.  Most likely looking at eight clans if possible. 18v18 (just to ensure we can get to eight clan).
  • MAY/JUN 2016 Possibly another tournament to revise our practices.  Possibly also a sprinkling of exhibition matches.
  • JUL/AUG/SEP 2016 Our first exhibition league.  Yeah baby, LEAGUE.  I'll be stationed in Korea at this point and will have plenty of time to dedicate.  The goal would be eight clans.  18v18.  Would also include a playoff scenario (most likely four clans).  
  • OCT/NOV/DEV 2016 REAL LEAGUE TIME.  We hope that everything we've learned throughout the year can culminate to a first bad ass league kickoff. 24v24, slowly over time we'll step up our "v" count....clans will need time to build.  Also, we will host different league types//modes/conditions starting in 2017.  

OTHER MILESTONES WE'D LIKE TO HIT 2016

• Website
    • @ibk and @Ross are currently hard at work on. (Hopefully delivered by end of 1QTR)
    • Members will register in a portal like an environment and be able to create clan/groups through it in which to sign up for our comps.
    • We, @Hollywood, plans to create military style ribbons specifically tied to events/achievements within the community.  For instance, each member/clan would receive a ribbon for participating in a leauge....but that ribbon will change it's design based on how far you've gotten within that league.  So if you're the champs, that ribbon will look very fancy. smile.png
    • Once available to us courtesty the devs, we plan on having stats available to all clans/members from our leagues.
  • Interviews
    • Pre-Match interviews with the clans
    • Post-Match interviews with squad leads
    • Dev interviews when granted
  • Match Recaps
    • We're hoping to bring on some people who are very talented at video/content creation and can create 3-5 minute recaps of all events we do in the future.
  • Noob Nights
    • Would love to see several squad leads from the various clans willing to step up and lead a match with a bunch of newer people to our community.  
    • This would strengthen our community overall while also letting people "test drive" matches with people that play at a high level.
    • Perhaps held once monthly.
  • Forum Events
    • Lock a server down and invite our best forum friends.
    • Will be a way to play in some high level events without having to be in a clan.

DONATIONS, THAT TABOO WORD

Where we want go is not free and what we don't have, that clans typically do, are a lot of people that are willing to contribute monetarily to their cause (at least at the moment we don't).  The one thing I can promise you is that I'm scared to death of looking like a "sellout for money."  I want Squad League to never be questioned in it's desires to better the community and remember who we represent.  I'm comfortable soliciting for donations from the community so long as I/we feel that we haven't lost our way and we're putting it back into the community.  I'm currently at a $200 monthly deficit with server costs, TS costs, future forum costs, TCAdmin costs, etc.....as we grow, so too will that monthly/annual monetary requirement.

So I beg you guys, keep an understanding in mind that what we want to do will cost more than just a lot, a lot, of our free time, it will also cost money.  Feel free to hit that "DONATE" button at any time you like on our main page of the forums. smile.png

When I get to Korea in June, I do plan on buying a LOT of Squad League merchandise that we'll give away at certain donation levels in sort of a way that Kickstarter does it.  We'll change that up annually if people like it.

Whew, glad that's out of the way.

!!!I WANT TO JOIN SQUAD LEAGUE'S TEAM!!!

This is already beginning to increase and will only grow as Squad League grows in stature.  First thing we'd like to say, thank you for considering joining our team and willingness to volunteer your time to an effort we all believe in.  So here's the down and dirty with joining our team:

• First rule of Fight Cl.......Squad Leauge.  You cannot  be in a clan that is involved in Squad/Squad League.  There are too many pitfalls associated when it comes to the integrity of the league's.  We'd rather avoid those pitfalls at all costs.  So if you're willing to give up a clan to join, we're just fine with that. smile.png
  • Understand none of us are paid.  If you seek to join us thinking we will pay you for your efforts, sorry to disappoint.  Not saying that we would never commission work at some point if we felt justified....but our staff positions are not paid gigs.
  • Please know that current staff places Squad League above our own self interests.  While credit will be given where credit is due, we do not want to be a farm system for aspiring YouTubers/Twitch streamers (this is related to the staff mind you, we hope to make lots of clans/clan members famous through Squad League!).  
  • We need to see your work.  If you say that you can do "graphics designs" please provide us a link or file to see your skill set.

What skill set we might consider adding to our team:

• Web Designers - This is probably the biggest one at the moment we could use.  We think we could get through it with our current team, but it would be super beneficial to get a proper designer in house to work with our software developer.
  • Content Creation - When we get to a point we have many matches we'll need several people who can create recaps of our events to showcase out there to the greater community.  
  • Graphics Designers - You can hardly ever have enough talent in this realm.  Things that come to mind: posters for the matches, logo designers (in case clan logos need a touch up), graphics for our YouTube/Twitch creations, etc.
  • Announcers - Here's the deal with this one....we, mostly @Rusty, would be extremely picky in this realm.  We do not like those uber excited over the top types....that will be immediately dismissed.  Calm. Cool. Collect.  That's what we desire.  It would be damn near impossible for Rusty to do every match once we have the leagues going, so this we way we can ensure all matches get that special treatment.  If you do want in on this realm, expect in the very near future for us to have a recording of a match without us talking and would ask that you provide a version of that video with "you" providing commentary.
  • Think of something else?  If you're talented enough and can bring something valuable to the table, we're always willing to listen.

YOUR THOUGHTS?  

We need feedback if we want to get better.  Good. Bad. Ugly.  So please know that we're always willing to hear out our community and improve our efforts.  But please be constructive...bring alternatives to the table if you desire to tell us something isn't up to the standard we're setting in other areas.    

WHERE TO FIND US  

Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Discord

(please sub to our YouTube, we're currently at 11 away from getting our custom URL, thanks!)

======================================
UPCOMING SCHEDULE
======================================

• January 2nd, 303rd v Red Coats, 24v24, Kohat River Variant, @1300EST
  • January 23rd, TBD v SFSS, 9v9, OP First Light, 1600EST
  • January 23rd, Exodus v RedCoats, 9v9, Sumari Bala, 1300EST, REMATCH
  • January 30th, TBD v TBD, 18v18, TBD, 1300EST
  • January 30th, 303rd v Red Coats, 27v27, Chora, 1500EST (ballpark on time)

Squad League is one of the best things i've ever been able to participate in in my gaming life. Myself along with multiple members of the 303RD said after our first match against SFSS that it was the most fun we have ever had gaming in our entire lives.

The teamwork, coordination and all around feeling of being a team is so much more intense. And you've got that much more focused competitive atmosphere, and the hype, and the 'official event'-ness of it. They hype is building for our match on the 2nd! Just hammered out our official roster with miZu this morning. We are ready. 

2016 is going to be amazing for Squad, Squad League and all of these clans working to organize and compete. I urge everyone looking for a heightened level of teamwork and competition to join a community who's getting into Squad League and get involved.

A sincere thank you to everyone who has worked to make this whole thing a possibility. 

Thanks Squadleague for the hard work.

Squad league has helped SFSS get back to their roots of scrims and competitive style gameplay.  We are honored to be a part of such a good thing. Looking forward for the years to come.

Love Squad league. Gives clans the chance to play in a controlled environment against each other exclusively! It's going to be awesome to see everything once it hits a full league. Awesome work DrBigMoney, I'm sure everyone appreciates a fantastic medium to show their skills! I know I do for sure.

DrBigMoney huge props to you for getting this set up. I had a hell of a time watching the last round and hope to enjoy it even more playing this next one :)

I would like to sincerely thank you guys at Squad League for all the hard work you have put in. It is a great thing you have done.. providing the Squad community with a place for clans to compete against one another and take part in events.

It has been a pleasure to take part in the early stages and I am looking forward to seeing how Squad League grows in the New Year! 

Squad leagues, what more can I say other than I <3 u guys! and Thanks for all you guys have done for Squad and the community.    

Deuces fellas!

You guys, and everyone else - your hard work is greatly appreciated. Happy New Year! :D

Yeah, there's not much I can say to tell people how fun it's been to take part in squad league, you should of sent a poet. Thanks for everything you've done, and here's to working towards an even more amazing future!

To the players out there on the fence about joining a clan or starting your own with friends. Try to picture all the great gaming moments squad has already brought you, the ambushes - lucky nades, and crazy firefights - teamwork and hijinks. Take it all and ramp it up to 11. There's really no other games out there other than squad and squad league thats ever provided me with the sheer amount of teamwork and fun we all had with SFSS. Get involved!

<3

Thanks everyone for the extremely kind words. The whole team is dedicated to building on your expectations and more.

Hopefully the devs can sneak in a few features to enhance the experience throughout the year, because there's definitely some ideas we have that would put our coverage on an entirely other level. :D

I for one was hesitant to join a clan due to the elitist attitudes I had encountered in past interactions with other clans before PR via chat and online streaming. Hence the whole reason I never had even considered a gaming PC until Squad came along. I can honestly say that I have had the best time over the last few months not only playing alongside other clan members, but also in game with my fellow 303RD brothers. The clan v clan is an awesome way for your group to grow together and learn more about each individual's game play and strengths.

The best part of it all is that you will also find yourself engaging in casual game play the rest of the time with some of the very same folks you were just competing against. Prior to our last clan match, I had only encountered the SFSS clan members occasionally. Since that match, I know that if I encounter one of their clan members when starting a new game, I will have no issue joining their squad and knowing it will be a positive experience

Even though our clan is facing the Red Coats tomorrow, I have had more fun and witty banter with RussUK. Blitza, RossyRaider et al over the last few weeks. And you know what, regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's match, I will actively seek out the RedCoats guys any day and roll with them. This format is awesome!

I for one was hesitant to join a clan due to the elitist attitudes I had encountered in past interactions with other clans before PR via chat and online streaming. Hence the whole reason I never had even considered a gaming PC until Squad came along. I can honestly say that I have had the best time over the last few months not only playing alongside other clan members, but also in game with my fellow 303RD brothers. The clan v clan is an awesome way for your group to grow together and learn more about each individual's game play and strengths.

The best part of it all is that you will also find yourself engaging in casual game play the rest of the time with some of the very same folks you were just competing against. Prior to our last clan match, I had only encountered the SFSS clan members occasionally. Since that match, I know that if I encounter one of their clan members when starting a new game, I will have no issue joining their squad and knowing it will be a positive experience

Even though our clan is facing the Red Coats tomorrow, I have had more fun and witty banter with RussUK. Blitza, RossyRaider et al over the last few weeks. And you know what, regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's match, I will actively seek out the RedCoats guys any day and roll with them. This format is awesome!

Great fucking response Chuck. These are the kinds of experiences I personally like to hear about. At the end of the day, we're all just gaming bro's, there's no need for bad blood out there in the community. And every clan that has stepped forward thus far have been fantastic in understanding that. :D

Let's not beat around the bush here guys. If you have an active interest in Squad and you are part of a clan with a competitive edge, get yourselves signed up for Squad League NOW.

These guys are driving this thing to a place that everyone will want to be involved with, so you may aswell get involved now. They've put together three matches already and I have been lucky to participate in two, so I'd like to think I'm in a good place to recommend this community. You will not find a better experience in squad than taking on a clan in a competitive atmosphere.

The matches are electric, giving a buzz that can't be matched in any other Squad experience.

On top of all this, the Squad Devs can see the potential too and are actively involved with the SL guys.

Seriously, any clan worth their weight would choose well in signing up.

I mean, how long can you beat on PUB's and see it as a challenge? 

Squad League is epic, infact epic doesn't do it justice!

Words cannot explain the intensity of participating in a live Squad League match. I had to smoke four grams of my finest produce after the last match just to climb down of the adrenaline.

What are you waiting for. Go sign up today!

The future is here. The future is Squad League.

Squad League is epic, infact epic doesn't do it justice!

Words cannot explain the intensity of participating in a live Squad League match. I had to smoke four grams of my finest produce after the last match just to climb down of the adrenaline.

What are you waiting for. Go sign up today!

The future is here. The future is Squad League.

Just over two weeks bro  B)

Battle of the Brits - Sumari Showdown - 23rd January 2016.

HYPE!

Lulz.

Whilst listening to TaXi in twich chat on Saturday, I'm sure he mentioned Sumari will have received an update by then. Speculation, I know, but that would be ideal as no of us had a clue where we were going last time!

Battle of the Brits - Sumari Showdown.

HYPE!

Lulz.

Whilst listening to TaXi in twich chat on Saturday, I'm sure he mentioned Sumari will have received an update by then. Speculation, I know, but that would be ideal as no of us had a clue where we were going last time!

Gonna be mega. I will be sitting with the reserves for this game mate, so I won't be able to give you another hammering on that south side  :rolleyes:

Don't worry lad. I'll dispatch JimJam round to RC HQ with orders to break a few fingers. You'll make the team...

Don't worry lad. I'll dispatch JimJam round to RC HQ with orders to break a few fingers. You'll make the team...

:lol:  :lol:  I'll slip out of TS at a convenient time 

Noob nights, I feel as a community, would make us that much better. SL's and players from clans and CPA and CA coming together to bring new guys in and show them the ropes, there will always be people to teach!  :)