shaneclipse97

Anyone on AMD cpu notice any changes in fps after new patch on 12/24 ??

just wondering what the results have been lately? I cringe when I see all these poor guys with decent 8 core cpus posting about how they just bought new intel processors and motherboards just to run an early alpha game when our cpus are not being used completely as well as our gpus either. Poor guys.. o well If they have more money then sense guess it is what it is lol.

For me it changed, not the overall fps but stability is better with my old Phenom II and HD 7870 2G.

hey man, i got phenom x4 960t and 4870 (no OC). I have ~18-30 fps... I'm thinking to take 7850. Will that make any difference? What's your FPS now? I think my main bottleneck is CPU, so better GPU won't do much? I consider to swap MB and CPU for Intel stuff... that i7 is very nice...

And to answer OP's question: nope

most time i have 30-40FPS on a 50+ Server.

it goes down to 20FPS in CQB with very much action around.

in "Singleplayer" i reach 50-60FPS even on Fools Road.

my CPU is oc'd to 3.8GHz, and GPU is oc'd by manufactor.

how much VRam do u have? i think 2GB is a good increase if u have 1GB right now.

if u want a big Performance increase u should get both, CPU and GPU

at this Time seems to be Intel and Nvidia gaves best Performance ;-)

hey man, i got phenom x4 960t and 4870 (no OC). I have ~18-30 fps... I'm thinking to take 7850. Will that make any difference? What's your FPS now? I think my main bottleneck is CPU, so better GPU won't do much? I consider to swap MB and CPU for Intel stuff... that i7 is very nice...

And to answer OP's question: nope

If you don't do video rendering or run virtual machines on your system you don't need an i7 ;)

i7 vs i5 is debatable 2-5 fps boost. i5s are perfectly suitable.

most time i have 30-40FPS on a 50+ Server.

it goes down to 20FPS in CQB with very much action around.

in "Singleplayer" i reach 50-60FPS even on Fools Road.

my CPU is oc'd to 3.8GHz, and GPU is oc'd by manufactor.

how much VRam do u have? i think 2GB is a good increase if u have 1GB right now.

if u want a big Performance increase u should get both, CPU and GPU

at this Time seems to be Intel and Nvidia gaves best Performance ;-)

yeah, Intel+Nvidia combo seems to give best results...

My GPU have 1GB of VRAM.

I OC to 3.8 and unlocked my phenom to six cores but since it wasn't truly stable, I decided to revert it to stock settings. I didn't see much improvement to leave it at OC state and tolerate few crashes here and there. I mean, it made increase for few FPS but i was really disappointed i didn't pass over 30 fps at all times... Yeah, my FPS did well when i was alone, or in Fools road and so on...but when it matters, in busy servers, it still didn't do good. I guess, my trusty Phenom served me well but its time for a change... only thing that's itching me is that i don't really play games anymore and swap will be done solely for squad purposes :) nah...probably gonna wait for few more months or until release for upgrade...

@SuicidalChair:

If you don't do video rendering or run virtual machines on your system you don't need an i7 ;)

I'm design engineer... i fiddle with CATIA, Inventor, Pro/E, KRASTA and so on... I'm sure I will make excuse in my mind and stretch out few bucks more for i7 :D

yeah, Intel+Nvidia combo seems to give best results...

I OC to 3.8 and unlocked my phenom to six cores but since it wasn't truly stable, I decided to revert it to stock settings. I didn't see much improvement to leave it at OC state and tolerate few crashes here and there. I mean, it made increase for few FPS but i was really disappointed i didn't pass over 30 fps at all times... Yeah, my FPS did well when i was alone, or in Fools road and so on...but when it matters, in busy servers, it still didn't do good. I guess, my trusty Phenom served me well but its time for a change... only thing that's itching me is that i don't really play games anymore and swap will be done solely for squad purposes :) nah...probably gonna wait for few more months or until release for upgrade...

@SuicidalChair:

I'm design engineer... i fiddle with CATIA, Inventor, Pro/E, KRASTA and so on... I'm sure I will make excuse in my mind and stretch out few bucks more for i7 :D

then you fit that perfectly :)

the other 99% of people I talk to do not use their machines for anything besides gaming though so I'm used to just assuming ;)

Guest SkunkMonkeY

Protip: The 8120 is far from "decent".

Maybe the "poor guys" are sick of tolerating inferior hardware, and realized their mistake of buying it in the first place.

Bought the game a few days ago.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4 GHz

AMD 280X, 3GB

8 GB ram, HyperX, don't remember specs.

Firing range is good, above 100 FPS. On a 72 server it starts at 30-40 FPS and goes down to 17-21 within a few minutes. On a server with fewer around 40 ppl it's glorious 40 FPS.

Workload on CPU is around 75-80%, GPU below 50%.

I started playing with higher settings, and turned down stuff when it peformed badly. I think the main difference was CPU and GPU workload, being higher with higher settings.

its worse for me. I disabled the truestreaming setting its complete garbage. it introduces a weird input lag. Only reason to use this feature if your video card has less than or equal to 3gb of memory. I have the 390x with 8gb of 512b bit width ddr5. memory isn't an issue.in fact I wish I could get the game to use more vram, the most I have seen was 4.2gb pre 3.8.

3.8 def introduced something that killed my fps.  I have fx9590 at 5.2ghz and it only uses 50 percent of the cpu regardless of settings.

between the drawcalls and how there coded to be recorded with this game is complete garbage for amd, my gpu usage spikes from 0-100 never utilizing it fully all the time due to the poor coding with and how the cpu communicates with the gpu. even my friend with intel cpu/nvidia says it only uses like 30-40 percent of the cpu.

not to mention how the tessellation is complete garbage in this game which heavy impacts amd(NVidia actually uses this in benchamrks to lower ati scores in games and benchmarks)

NVidia plays dirty, amd provides all there technology open source, hence vulkan, it started from mantle api, reason mantle was stoped NVidia didn't want to use it, said it wasn't worth it. amd dropped it and vulkan picked it up. now vulkan is back peddling prolly due to dx12 and pressure from mircosoft.

the whole game hardware industry is a shame and crooked as hell no ones playing fair for the consumer its all about making money not a good product.

in the end us gamers suffer...

Finally, I like you! i7 so overated for gaming.

What I have learned from the gaming industry:

- Don't buy EA games.

- Don't buy AMD hardware.

I had a laugh at that.... but i agree in general.

its worse for me. I disabled the truestreaming setting its complete garbage. it introduces a weird input lag. Only reason to use this feature if your video card has less than or equal to 3gb of memory. I have the 390x with 8gb of 512b bit width ddr5. memory isn't an issue.in fact I wish I could get the game to use more vram, the most I have seen was 4.2gb pre 3.8.

3.8 def introduced something that killed my fps.  I have fx9590 at 5.2ghz and it only uses 50 percent of the cpu regardless of settings.

Its interesting Irontaxi choose to use this texture streaming thing, it brought nothing good for me andmy buddy's rigs either, in fact FPS is now worse than 3,7

rigs: i5's (4690k i6600k) + 970

FPS went down about 10% after this texture streaming feature was enabled.

I had a laugh at that.... but i agree in general.

8 core fx eats most intel cpu's alive at stock speed no match at all. It can run far more applications at once.

It can do 100 things at once when a Intel CPU would stutter or hang at 5 things at once.

I know, cause I have a Intel Dual core 2.1 Ghz Sandy Bridge system with a Nvidia card. (Old GTS).

and I have a FX 5 Ghz  R9 280 system on Windows 10 64.

Both systems cost me about the same, my AMD system bit more of course, maybe 300 euro more.

Well yes I know ... it is unfair to compare such a old system with a new system but still, the difference is gigantic.

it's like comparing a old retired dinosaur with a ferrari on pure methanol.

It's a beast cpu especially in animation, rendering, streaming, multi tasking etc. :)

For it's price and performance? AMD has done a really good job.

It's just unfortunate atm Squad isn't running that well yet... but that will improve.

Why blame AMD for it?

AMD isn't developing Unreal Engine. That is Epic Games.

Squad is a new game.... I don't feel we should start pointing fingers.

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Black Edition 4.0ghz

I play on Epic 25-35 fps

I play on low 25-35 fps

hmmm no fps change at all? shadows epic off? that helps a lot with my fx and r9 280.

but yes... not much changes.

Turned everything down to lowest and it only gave me an FPS difference with 3-6 fps. So no. Better wait for the UE4 patch.

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Black Edition 4.0ghz

I play on Epic 25-35 fps

I play on low 25-35 fps

Exactly the same for me,