SilentFart

Switching

On the BVAR.co.ukSquadWars server we have noticed squads where a single player switches sides, views the other teams maps and positions then returns back to their original squad for a tactical advantage (we kick them). Not being able to switch teams during games needs to be implemented..its clearly cheating.

i can't believe people are really doing this, i mean what for, well, that's some typical textbook small dick behaviour i guess...

Some people....they are just as terrible as the ones who changes to the winning team if things get to difficult for them :x

I find it a problem, when i "have" to change team cause of balance 30 vs 50 etc. You have the intel, but dont wanr to tell :)

Hope to see a feature that makes it impossible to imbalance teams by more than 2-3 players when server population reaches 30vs30. Wont fix the issue, but it should help.

They need to start locking teams once they are in and use some sort of balanced teams algorithm so players don't stack on one side. They will hopefully address this problem soon.

Yep. Team balancing brings its own difficulties unfortunately. :(

Server side option is the best, there should also be a really thought out basic rule templades that have argumented information why the template is suggested to the certain situations so the ones who want to create a server, but doesn't have actual knowledge might get the idea what is good and what is not.

The only legit reason to switch during a round would be for balance issues.  In which case implement a one switch only during a round. No coming back.

Still a tough call.

Its always a pain when groups of friends get split up however what do you do if one side is losing and many leave? it kills the game.  Sometimes better to press on and it should fill again.

Its not really a surprise at all.. "Ghosting" has been around in Project Reality for years.. Although it never seemed too bad, I suppose until recently the community on PR was always quite mature and had good sportsmanship for the most part. That was always my experience anyway, and I've been playing that amazing mod for far too many years now :P

Honestly, the best defense while we wait for the dev's to implement a server setting for team switching is, admins. Admins once again need to take the lead and start removing those troublemakers from the servers. 

That's just my opinion anyway :) Have a great day everyone!

Squint.

They need to start locking teams once they are in and use some sort of balanced teams algorithm so players don't stack on one side. They will hopefully address this problem soon.

How dare people want to play with their friends, right?

I fully support disabling people from swapping after they already change teams. Nobody needs to hop over and then again.

However everyone who is opposed to having people playing with those they know sure must not play with anyone. Playing in a squad that entirely consists of friends is a very real possibility when one or two of mine jump on board. We're taking a game and saying "IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TEAMWORK" and then going "Oh shit, not TOO much teamwork guys. You're not allowed that much." when people bring their friends. Deal with it and play better ingame.

In Project Reality you can switch maybe once and not back again, especially when that team is full, so this will also happen in Squad i guess.

Easy fix,  do as it has been done in arma wasteland. After x minutes on one side you're locked to that side for the rest of the match.