Sgt. Veld

Noticed a new horrible trend regarding the Marksman class

I was playing Chora today, and i noticed something, there were more snipers around than normal soldiers aka grenadiers, anti-tank and such. One time i got shot at by 4 snipers at the same time while running through a field!

It seems they are kit cloning as was stated by someone on the enemy team, he stated it was allowed (i think this should not be allowed as than we get squads full of snipers, mg's and even worse, anti-tank) How it works, they let someone join their squad who grabs the marksman role, and than leaves the squad again, making him keep the marksman class and someone else can take his spot again and does the same thing again... I thought you could not do this anymore!

I also noticed that sometimes i keep my kit when leaving a squad. Must be a bug, its not working as intended atm.

The thing is, i clearly remember seeing me switching a squad once or twice and than it took my role away, so it seems there is a bug, maybe its more persistent on certain sides and maps, like Chora.

So maybe Something like a if statement when leaving a squad to reset the players class or gun to a default ak or m4, or a check after the player spawned to see what class if different then change else stay the same

Yeah there is a definite bug about it, I've never had my kit taken away when switching squads

Sounds like a bug, your team should have a hard limit of marksman and if you leave a squad with a special kit, it should ask you if you want to leave because you will lose your kit. If you click Yes, then it switches you to a "Recruit" kit.

If none of this is happening, it is a bug.

We are aware of people joining games in session having access, that is a bug as well. So, yes, unfortunately there are ways around the current system, but it is not intended at all.

If you don't join a squad when you spawn you can also choose any class you want from main spawn supply crate most of the time.

If you are unassigned indeed you can just pick up the grenadier class, unassigned people should just get a regular soldier kit, this also prevents hackers to just take that kit and go havoc faster than being in a squad.

Role can be easily changed at an ammunition stash.

Ergo, the functionality to change role "on the fly" while still alive is already implemented in the game.

Which means it shouldn't be too hard for them to force you back to rifleman role, even though you are still alive, if you leave a squad or get kicked from one.

This would prevent the kit-cloning as anyone not in a squad will then be forcibly set to the rifleman role by the system, regardless what role they currently have in the squad, and regardless of whether they are still alive, or dead.