Litoralis

How to Fix "0 Servers in Server Browser" with Atheros NIC Controller (MSI Motherboard Owners)

If you have an MSI motherboard and or use the dreaded program "Atheros Killer Network Manager," that is the culprit.

However, you still need it for your internet to work.

The solution:
[ Follow these steps in exact order or lose your internet connection! ]

1. Download the standard drivers http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers 

2. Completely uninstall Killer Network Manager
3. To install the standard drivers, you must go to your device manager,

hold the windows key aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39. and press "R"
type or paste: devmgmt.msc
hit enter

look under the header "Network Adapters"

to find your network adapter which should have a yellow exclamation on it after uninstalling the manager, and update the drivers by selecting the standard driver folder.

You must install the basic Atheros drivers without the manager. 

I hope this proves the be the solution for everyone.

I have a MSI motherboard that utilizes Atheros Killer Network Manager, but I only get this message when pressing refresh multiple times in the server browser. Servers are still shown, so I guess this issue does not affect me, right?

for the less technologically inclined,
to get to device manager quickly:

hit enter

If you have an MSI motherboard and or use the dreaded program "Atheros Killer Network Manager," that is the culprit.

However, you still need it for your internet to work.

The solution:

[ Follow these steps in exact order or lose your internet connection! ]

1. Download the standard drivers http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers

http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads/standard-drivers 

2. Completely uninstall Killer Network Manager

3. To install the standard drivers, you must go to your device manager,

hit enter

to find your network adapter which should have a yellow exclamation on it after uninstalling the manager, and update the drivers by selecting the standard driver folder.

You must install the basic Atheros drivers without the manager. 

I hope this proves the be the solution for everyone.

tumblr_lvrf58vBkL1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

lol...

Should I try this out even without a MSI Board? I don't have a MSI Board or the Atheros program and I'm still having the issue and nothing anyone has mentioned fixes it for me.

I don't have MSI mobo and I get zero servers displayed only when I press refresh button too many times fast. Solution? close game and re launch it, problem fixed.....

I don't have MSI mobo and I get zero servers displayed only when I press refresh button too many times fast. Solution? close game and re launch it, problem fixed.....

That's a solution for you, but other people literally can't see servers or only see a couple and it's more than a problem then hitting just hitting the "Refresh" button too fast. I've tried everything and nothing fixes it and from what I read and from my experiences with this game is that it's only been doing that with the most recent patch.

THANK YOU DUDE! :)

This worked for me, i hope it works for everyone. 

I thought a fresh win7 install would do the trick but sadly it didn't. Was about to give up until i saw this thread, thanks again.

BTW i had the same issues when searching for servers in Arma, only different was arma would just crash instantly when searching for servers, i guess this little trick works on that game aswell!

When the server browser issue will be solved?

I dont have MSI MB and i try every thing a can from the comunity.

Will ALPHA v4 will solve thie problem and when it is coming out?

Hey is it going to work without uninstalling Killer Network manager in the next update? Cause I want to keep it, it is very useful for me.

Any word on when the server browser issue is going to be addressed? It can take up to an hour just to join because 99% of the time it shows 0 servers.

I dont have an msi mobo and it still happens on 3 pc's with different isp's and even mobile phone internet. game is next to unplayable because of this.

I am part of gamecommunity.co.uk and a number of our members are having the same issue.

Hey!

Two friends of mine have the same problem and they claim to have tried everything!

They can only see about 8-10 servers and most of the time thats the servers with 0 pop -.-

This cant be true we need a fix we wanna playtest this game guys!

52 minutes ago, Salamimann said:

[...] they claim to have tried everything

what have they tried?

also this?

Spoiler

6G3gcXw.png

On 12/29/2015 at 6:43 PM, Friskyrum said:

That's a solution for you, but other people literally can't see servers or only see a couple and it's more than a problem then hitting just hitting the "Refresh" button too fast. I've tried everything and nothing fixes it and from what I read and from my experiences with this game is that it's only been doing that with the most recent patch.

SAME. I have a gigabyte motherboard, not msi. only as of v8 has absolutely ZERO servers been showing up in the browser, no matter what. I can restart it ten times, still no servers. Checked all the options for full servers/different version, nothing. Its BROKEN!!!!! FIX IT!!!!

On 8/28/2016 at 3:37 PM, beginna said:

what have they tried?

also this?

Hide contents

6G3gcXw.png

Just tried this, DOES NOT WORK, NO SERVERS

o shit this is an old topic, V8 has no servers problem again

I tried everything too.

Reinstall the game, uninstall anti-virus, put rules in the firewall, the thing with steam, launch as admin, try to join with run://steam....., try to join a friend, change my DNS. Nothing work i'm desesperate...

Sometimes just one server appears, never the same it's completely random.

If you have something which can help me i'm listening... :)

Thank you in advance