Mitsu

Any chance to get some potential Squad Modders together?

I don't know how others, who are interested in modding for Squad feel about this but I have a feeling that instead of having scattered individuals trying out stuff in UE4 or working on potential mod assets on their own, having something like Discord dedicated to community modding would be neat. This would give us the possibility to:

• Chat with like-minded about technology and art related to Squad and modding in general
  • Ask for help or teach in the creation of any type of mod related content
  • Join or recruit for a modding group or even establish one with others.
  • Give or get feedback for your asset
  • Having a supportive place for beginners who are interested in modding

As for groups, this would be neat to get in touch with others and try to get something rolling together instead of working on your own (Like the Squad: WW mod that has been mentioned before). But also if you like to work by yourself on a certain project, you'd still have the chance to get feedback from a more technical or artistic point of view before showcasing it to the mass.

I'd be happy setting this up if some people are interested. 
This though would be only with direct invites, to not spoil any information on projects to the outside world. Maybe Discord is not the best choice, but it's a start. HipChat would work great, too. Also modding groups could use this as a private place with sperate voice / chat channels to discuss things without having to deal with Skype for instance, but that's something that has to be discussed in detail and in general this is just a suggestion by me.

Personally I'm into 2D graphics design (mostly Web and non-web UI's and currently in the process of learning UE4 and landscape creation / mapping.

EDIT: Discord is up and running. Please PM me to get involved. Anybody who'd like to contribute in any possible way is welcome. You'll have the chance to create your own channels for your group and get your appropriate roles/positions (Artist, Programmer etc) assigned.

EDIT 2: Apperently Zeno took it to the next level and already created a Discord when I had one running already. I'll figure out with him what the best approach is, since his Discord is currently open to anyone. Feel free to join it though.

You should start a Steam group :)

That could be a thing though I think chatting over text or VoIP is more convenient. Also filesharing would be very essential. But I'll definitely look into steam groups, cheers.

I'd be interested but as a scheduler/marketer type role. Google docs/discord :)

I suck at coding haha

I'd be interested but as a scheduler/marketer type role. Google docs/discord :)

I suck at coding haha

Nice I'll get the discord up and running tonight and PM you with your invite link.

Generally guys with experience in moderating and administrating groups would be great aswell. I mean I have a lot of experience in these fields but still, a helping hand is always nice.

Squad Modding Hub

Discord server

https://discord.gg/0jXt1Y2dpl5oOcc7

:(

jpICi6y.png

I even have all the roles set up Zeno :D

I reckon they should finish their core game first.

Exploring UE4 is never a bad thing and preparing assets is not bad either. Also SDK will be done before full release iirc.

Discord ... again another communication tool, what is its pros and cons? It seems I just can jump in with any unregistered "test-haxor" account, is that what is intented?

Discord ... again another communication tool, what is its pros and cons? It seems I just can jump in with any unregistered "test-haxor" account, is that what is intented?

we are working on this atm, there will be a system to prevent this.

I'm interested to join there at some. Mapping and custom gamemodes and AI (actual game implentation is unfortunately way beyond my skill set and level). Plus I have attention span of 3 days usually before I start a new hobby project :<