TiagoTT

Game won't launch

So, I bought Squad saturday through Steam, and downloaded it in the night.

The next day, I tried to launch Squad.

The Steam message saying Preparing to launch the game popped up, and the game proceeded to launch. The Squad logo showed up, then disappeared and was replaced by a windowed black screen, appearing to be Squad. About 2-5 seconds after, it simply closes itself, with no error message displayed.

I have a Windows 8.1 Pro, updated.

My Specs:

GTX 960 4GB

Intel Pentium 3.20GHz

8GB RAM.

Help?

Guest Folkens

I have the exact same issue with 64 bits windows too.

Is it possible to get help?

Can you post the Squad log messages? See Squad User Manual on page 60 where to find them.

Cheers. The important log messages are usually towards at the end. I see the following logs in your log files:

Failed to initialize Steam

Steam API failed to initialize!

Unable to load Steam online subsystem

Check out the posts here and here, they had and resolved similar problems related to Steam. Let us know what helped you resolve the issue, or if nothing helped.

Cheers. The important log messages are usually towards at the end. I see the following logs in your log files:

Check out the posts here and here, they had and resolved similar problems related to Steam. Let us know what helped you resolve the issue, or if nothing helped.

Ah I've seen both of these threads already. Just tried it all again. Nothing seems to fix it.

Too bad. I don't have any additional suggestion. Do others have other ideas?

Guest dry

i just bought today through steam and same thing i get the squa logo and a couple command window flashes and then nothing

Guest dry

now im getting pissed we buy a fukin game we cant play. there has been no response from anyone why the game ijust paid for wont start. tell me what to do.i just paid 35 bucks and and installed through steami I  get the logo then it shows the loggo, then a coulpe qiuck dos screens and nothing

Guest dry

now im getting pissed we buy a fukin game we cant play. there has been no response from anyone why the game ijust paid for wont start. tell me what to do.i just paid 35 bucks and and installed through steami I  get the logo then it shows the loggo, then a coulpe qiuck dos screens and nothing

Guys,

Do you have any Broadcasting software?

User Account Control enabled?

Firewall enabled?

What anti-virus do you use?

Guest Guest

I turned my anti virus software off, no broadcast software, squad is allowed by my firewall, and i'm not sure how to enable the user account control.

I fixed it. I closed as many programs that were running in the backround as I could and then it started. Make sure only the program's you really need are running.

I turned my anti virus software off, no broadcast software, squad is allowed by my firewall, and i'm not sure how to enable the user account control.

You want to disable UAC (User Account Control)

Are you on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Just think if at the beginning he had said I have lots of other stuff running at the same time but squad wont start :) 

kinda woulda made it a shorter thread :D  

Guest Guest

I disabled UAC and it still does the same thing sadly.

Guest Guest

Yes I have 64 bit Windows 7 and the person that started the thread along with others are still having the problem.