Sign in to follow this  
Scar Fielding

Equipment editor / Character Editor /

So, in a realistic combat situation, true you'll get the equipment issued to you. BUT, you can move your pouch around on which side, choose to have a Combat vest, Ospray or even belt webbing? 

Also, you could also have 4 Smoke pouch for example; with your issued standerd gear you get three? If I'm correct? Or maybe more magazine pouch? Also this will aid more weight to your character. That also brings me onto one more thing: Customizing your character, like give him scars, color of skin, head gear? All that stuff. 

Hopefully, you like this idea. 

Thanks.

This will more than likely not be happening. Purely due to the developers not wanting to add this into the game.

Don't forget where this game is aimed, as a tactical FPS. Not a milsim, not an RPG.

A variety of soldier models will probably be incorporated and be randomly assigned, but adding the feature you're asking would take a lot of time, to add something that isn't really desired by the devs.

I wouldn't mind being able to pick a persistent avatar so you could recognise people you play with on a regular basis by sight, but it's eye candy and way down the list of things that are more important.

The idea is good and has been suggested before. The most adamant oppressors to it always cite CoD or something like that not really paying attention to it. I like persistent avatars and there is certainly enough equipment going around that are not issued that soldiers still wear it's entirely possible to have it in down the road. Like LugNut said it's just eye candy. We would probably see limited loadout customization before limited character customization.