Sign in to follow this  
desen

So many german servers and players

30 posts in this topic

I noticed so many german servers and players in the last days, could it be that squad was selled overproportional in germany ?

Maybe nearly as much copys as in the Uk ?

If it is true i think the german bundeswehr should be the next faction :D

I noticed so many german servers and players in the last days, could it be that squad was selled overproportional in germany ?

Maybe nearly as much copys as in the Uk ?

If it is true i think the german bundeswehr should be the next faction :D

Dont quote me on this, but i belive i remember a dev saying about 12% of the playerbase were german :)

Meh...12% is not as much as i hoped :/

Which nation (the players) had buyed the most copys?

Usa i bet

Which nation (the players) had buyed the most copys?

Usa i bet

Apparently Russia and Brazil are able to buy stupidly cheap copies of SQUAD via Steam, I assume it's because they are not taxed by their local governments?

So most likely those two locations as everyone jumps on the cheap bandwagon.

But there are not so many brazilian and russian servers out there i think ?

well servers still aren't cheap

Hmm

I bet a little bit cheaper there than in the usa or europe.

If you check www.squad.rocks and sort the servers after location than you can see that many servers are located in germany

More than in uk, canada and australia combined if i get it right.

If you check www.squad.rocks and sort the servers after location than you can see that many servers are located in germany

I like germany based servers. I am in Central US and our 303RD EU server is based in Germany and I normally get around 90 ping ! Totally playable for me.

There is german squads everywhere, I love it

Why?

are you from germany, austria, switzerland or luxembourg?

I like germany based servers. I am in Central US and our 303RD EU server is based in Germany and I normally get around 90 ping ! Totally playable for me.

I like the 303rd EU server indeed, good ping and good teamplay and there is basically almost always a 303 member online that can deal with tkers/trolls/hackers.

I'm training my german like never before! All the new bad words I'm learning! :D

Anyway, bundeswehr would be a fantastic addition! 

Many german youtubers playing the game too. We have a big german crowd and I can open up german squads on almost all Servers.

You know I had an interesting thought...

I imagined a match with one team all american and the other team all german.  In close quarters situations ( I am assuming opposing teams can here each others' local voice?) you could potentially hear the other team frantically communicating...IN GERMAN!! Probably would add a level of immersion hearing a voice and auto-knowing its an enemy before seeing them...

You know I had an interesting thought...

I imagined a match with one team all american and the other team all german.  In close quarters situations ( I am assuming opposing teams can here each others' local voice?) you could potentially hear the other team frantically communicating...IN GERMAN!! Probably would add a level of immersion hearing a voice and auto-knowing its an enemy before seeing them...

Great idea for upcoming international clanwars. Having bilangual clanmates will be important.  ;)

Given we are given (^^) the ability to enable local voice for both teams

Managed to do the same thing in A3 with a russian clan,was great fun. ;)

I joined two different German servers, switch around a few squads. None wanted to speak English. Kinda like French servers in PR hehe.

Yes, working voip I have (it's the season of Star Wars and Yoda talks cool)

So I always look for UK servers now :)

that is not my experience

i play often with 3-4 germans and if some english speaking people joins our squad we switch every time to  (bad) english

even if we named our squad as "german language mic".

i can understand that gamer  whoh joined on german or french servers and play in squads named german language or french squad wannt to talk german or french.

many people (including me) dont use english in daily life.  and many older players had their last english lesson in school 10-20 years ago.

than it is hard work to communicate in english.   after a hard work day you wanna chill a round and not maltret your brain with a foreign language.

G-portal has been the most accessible provider for Squad server hosting since steam launch.

We were lucky enough to get our hands on a server about a week before steam launch and indeed g-portal was the only available provider at that time.

I believe this is the reason you see so many Germany located servers at present.

I expect to see more UK servers pop up as subscriptions end and people start switching back to their native countries for slightly lower pings.

G-portal has been good for us and we would consider using them in the future, although I know others have had a more torrid time with them.

I find it hilarious to sneak behind a large wall listening to germans trying to say "Allah Akbar" without the german accent :)