Goomba

What change first GPU or CPU?

What to buy in the first place CPU or GPU? Now I have Intel G3258 @ 4GHz and Radeon 7770 1GB What give me bigger performance boost?

If I remember correctly that CPU runs on socket 1150 so upgrading to any Haswell quad-core CPU would give you better performance, however both CPU and GPU would have to be upgraded to run on higher settings. What is the rest of your system specs? motherboard, power supply? ram?

Your current bottleneck would be your CPU, as it dragging down your GPU's performance. But once you'll replace your CPU with let's say a 4th generation i5, your GPU will become the bottleneck. Perhaps it's not within your budget, but when upgrading the CPU or the GPU the other will 'suffer'. But if you truely haven't got a bigger budget, I'd recommend to upgrade your CPU - but it wont influence your gaming too much.

What to buy in the first place CPU or GPU? Now I have Intel G3258 @ 4GHz and Radeon 7770 1GB What give me bigger performance boost?

Buying GPU first is always better idea. Guy above me said that your current bottleneck is CPU but that is not true. The processor you have has been bought by everyone who wants to buy a really cheap gaming PC. Even if you buy 280x it wont bottleneck it.

Check this video out:

Agreed, but when it comes down to more CPU intensive games e.g Arma 3 his CPU wont be able to handle that for long. Unless he'd overclock his Intel G3258 (which is fairly easy with the Intel G3258).

Buying a GPU first is always a better idea? Where are you getting this from, in any case both components are bottlenecks and both require upgrading.If he wants a 280X than yeah it won't bottleneck the card but it will still limit performance overall. But for any better card he would need a better CPU as well. Imagine pairing that CPU with a GTX 980. It all comes down to what the OP is trying to achieve performance wise

What is your budget? I would suspect that in your case the GPU should be upgraded first. From what I see it is very outdated and was an entry level card. Depending on the game and how it is coded and how complex it is, you might bottleneck at the CPU after that, but you will see a benefit. The bottleneck might keep you from seeing the full performance of the new GPU, but you will see a big increase in performance over a 7770 regardless. Just make sure your power supply will handle the system with the new card.  After that, I would get a decent quad core processor.

Performance wise: You would receive a bigger FPS boost overall in many other games by purchasing a new GPU first.

Intel G3258 is a good budget duo-core processor, but it will hold you back due to bottle-necking, If you do decide to purchase a card that is more powerful than a R9-280X

You'll certainly benefit from buying a GPU over a CPU, and should receive more FPS in-game. Although it is important to note that you wont be able to fully utilize a GPU beyond R9-280X, without purchasing a newer more powerful Quadcore-CPU.

Edited by Ingram

You will need to move up to a quad-core processor to utilize any new GPU above an R9-280!

No, he will be able to use any video card he wants, he just won't get the full benefit of it once the CPU becomes a bottleneck. I know you were just trying to help, but the words you chose could be very misleading. I wanted to clear things up in case he would think he can't buy a high end video card right now and then the high end CPU later.

No, he will be able to use any video card he wants, he just won't get the full benefit of it once the CPU becomes a bottleneck. I know you were just trying to help, but the words you chose could be very misleading. I wanted to clear things up in case he would think he can't buy a high end video card right now and then the high end CPU later.

My post was lacking indeed, and will be updated.

"No, he will be able to use any video card he wants" ...Especially if that's how you read into it! Haha.

Love to help.

Edited by Ingram

In my experiance, getting a nicer CPU first means better performance for intensive games like squad.

Gpu's are important but an i7 59XX with a 760 in my experience does better than an i3 with a titan.

could be wrong. and of course we are assuming NOT amd cpu's.

In my experiance, getting a nicer CPU first means better performance for intensive games like squad.

Gpu's are important but an i7 59XX with a 760 in my experience does better than an i3 with a titan.

could be wrong. and of course we are assuming NOT amd cpu's.

OP should stick with what Eclipse4349 suggested.

It's important to note that his G3258 is overclocked and that intel processors are shining in this game.

If we're talking about which component will give him more FPS in squad, than replacing his outdated GPU is the winner.

At the end of the day the decision lays on the OP's hands

Both component upgrade decisions will indeed increase performance. ;)

how about just doing some real research than asking all these "experts" here.

run the game use monitoring software. look at the usage of each core and gpu see which one maxes out first.

BOOM answer.

don't listen to these folks.

personally the game currently is single thread CPU thirsty.

higher single thread, way better utilization of GPU.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB will be enough?

Not bad the GTX 750 but the GTX 670 same price, more perfomance, better chipset.

http://www.hwcompare.com/17121/geforce-gtx-750-vs-geforce-gtx-670/

(GTX 670 factory OC version e.g. Asus TOP, more perfomace) 

You will need a good cpu, Intel Sandy, Evy, Haswell  (i5) 3Ghz +  , 8Gb ram (later 16)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB will be enough?

For the GPU, it all comes down to budget. The more you spend and the more recent the chipset, the better the performance. Once you down to a decision between, lets say, a GTX970 and a GTX980, you do get to a point where the extra money isn't worth it for the small increase in performance, unless money is not a factor and you want to go super high end.

How much are you comfortable with spending on it?  I would be happy to help you make a decision. I've been building gaming PCs for myself, family, and friends for about 15 years now.

750, 670 nope !

i have a 770 and i am barely surviving in fps world

Maybe your fault, I have a GTX 770 OC (factory) Windforce 3 , and no fps problem, at any games.

(Squad 50-70) or more. Perfect perfomance. 

1680 x 1050 native res + No maxed out. + "smart" settings in nvidia profile/games 

Intel i5 4Ghz @24/7  

nice and smooth all day every day.

Your expectations i think too high (maxed out) , buy a high end gpu if u a maxed out kid. 

670, 770, 780 is a very good GTX series!  :ph34r:

Maybe your fault, I have a GTX 770 OC (factory) Windforce 3 , and no fps problem, at any games.

(Squad 50-70) or more. Perfect perfomance. 

1680 x 1050 native res + No maxed out. + "smart" settings in nvidia profile/games 

Intel i5 4Ghz @24/7  

nice and smooth all day every day.

Your expectations i think too high (maxed out) , buy a high end gpu if u a maxed out kid. 

670, 770, 780 is a very good GTX series!  :ph34r:

params please.

In game settings?

nvidia settings?

I will try it out