KTMR29

Squad development scheme.

Yeah check the Forum indeed. 

This is you :

just fine,

brah... Fuck that, lets make it bigger than Arma! insurgency, and Counter Str....alright im pushing it with that last one.

heart-attack.jpg

Yeah let's make a block buster with Indie means. Logic, defiled. 

How are you going to have 40K people fine tuning the game when they're NOT "tactical gamers".

Even RO which gave up a lot of its "real features" to have a broader base, did its tuning with less than a 1000 players of RO:CA and RO:2 it deleted a lot of content because it was IMPOSSIBLE to cater to their "fan base". 

If there's one thing that will bring disaster over this game it's the dilution of its initial predicament. It's Squad, NOT any of those Shooters/Mil-sims.

Hey! insurgency is Indie too :(

i believe it can beat that. i was joking about Counter Strike and maybe... i push it with Arma, i give you that much.

lol all 3 of us here support Squad and want it to succeed, and we're all fairly capable of staying realistic about it.

let's just ignore the naysayers and continue to support Squad's success. that's my last word on the topic. feel free to continue, though. got your own topic for it now :P

edit: and just to clarify, i didn't participate in this thread/conversation because i was afraid of it devolving into chaos; i do my best to stay out of things and allow people to self-moderate, for the most part. however, i was genuinely interested in jumping into the convo :)

Hey! insurgency is Indie too :(

i believe it can beat that. i was joking about Counter Strike and maybe... i push it with Arma, i give you that much.

You didn't "pushed it with Arma", you made no sense. And all the rest of what followed, was more of the same. And the other guys coming in and saying how great Arma is, haven't any clue about the actual FR of BI regarding Arma. If you want to do Arma-like, maybe some of the guys who were former jocks and vets can set up a couple of heists to finance the needs for such a feat. Because we're not going to get it done by "Death is death". Just saying.

Also insurgency is going to get more players ANYWAY because of one detail you don't get. It's Spec requirements are lower (Hello HL2 engine) and is basically close combat, so people do not need to walk 15 minutes to shoot some dude. Horses for courses. 

...No faith, 

ok lets see, I bet Squad will have a stronger player base than in insurgency.

if the game at this state of its EA can hold 2000 (edit it reach 3000), im pretty sure it can past the 6000 to 10000 player base of insurgency once the game is completed.

about Arma, 

mmm ok, i guess i just keep on getting my Arma updates for that failure of a game that was able to let the devs move into a new larger building, add more devs to the team, bring larger updates to the game, able to found an expansion, and of course do the most stupid thing someone can ever do with a Failure of a game...funding Arma 4.

oh well too bad it failed, 

about Arma, 

mmm ok, i guess i just keep on getting my Arma updates for that failure of a game that was able to let the devs move into a new larger building, add more devs to the team, bring larger updates to the game, able to found an expansion, and of course do the most stupid thing someone can ever do with a Failure of a game...funding Arma 4.

Yeah built on the back of 3 arma games, a playerbase of arma life and zombie apocalypsers that dwarfs their milsim community and an entire publishing division, perhaps even their VBS monies. 

But good to see you've raised what you think Squad can do on its first go with an indie team, we might be slowly getting through to you.

...No faith, 

ok lets see, I bet Squad will have a stronger player base than in insurgency.

if the game at this state of its EA can hold 2000 (edit it reach 3000), im pretty sure it can past the 6000 to 10000 player base of insurgency once the game is completed.

about Arma, 

oh well too bad it failed, 

Not meaning to be rude, but again, horses for courses. The volume of ARMA sales in known quantity. it stood at 2.2 in end of November 2015. The revenue from it was 33.29 euros per copy.  That's about 70 million in revenue. The game cost was roughly 45 million (with merchandising and PR). Post tax the society made roughly pre reimbursment 49 million euros. That's 4 millions without loan amortization and other perks. Let's say amortization is 1 million to be generous. That's 3 million euros. Split into roughly 150 people that's and earning of  20K per employee out of this HUGE investment. So the company's productivity isn't exactly stellar. Especially for a game that's sopposedly the benchmark. And that's why ARMA 3 Apex is going to be on sale and not free. 

Bookeeping, the sure way to see through the gaming industry. There's however the military part of the business, that's something else and that probably doesn't need so much input since many things can be done in house with guidance from BI. 

Not meaning to be rude, but again, horses for courses. The volume of ARMA sales in known quantity. it stood at 2.2 in end of November 2015. The revenue from it was 33.29 euros per copy.  That's about 70 million in revenue. The game cost was roughly 45 million (with merchandising and PR). Post tax the society made roughly pre reimbursment 49 million euros. That's 4 millions without loan amortization and other perks. Let's say amortization is 1 million to be generous. That's 3 million euros. Split into roughly 150 people that's and earning of  20K per employee out of this HUGE investment. So the company's productivity isn't exactly stellar. Especially for a game that's sopposedly the benchmark. And that's why ARMA 3 Apex is going to be on sale and not free. 

Bookeeping, the sure way to see through the gaming industry. There's however the military part of the business, that's something else and that probably doesn't need so much input since many things can be done in house with guidance from BI. 

Wrong... Fixes etc etc will be free... you pay for weapons and vehicles and a new map.

Just to be clear, as with our previous releases, we're maintaining a 'features are free, content is premium' doctrine. That means all platform improvements and additions (e.g., the 3D editor) are available to everyone, but significant new content (e.g., Tanoa itself) will be tied to ownership of Arma 3 Apex.

Yeah built on the back of 3 arma games, a playerbase of arma life and zombie apocalypsers that dwarfs their milsim community and an entire publishing division, perhaps even their VBS monies. 

But good to see you've raised what you think Squad can do on its first go with an indie team, we might be slowly getting through to you.

i always have a good faith in Squad i just don't ignored the problems that could and can end Squad. The Player Base numbers. 

as long we can keep that to a good number during the Release phase Squad can do find. if its still only 2000... 

also stop if the stupid hate of arma. you want to talk about player base? Squad and PR together is only like 4k at once at best.

Wrong... Fixes etc etc will be free... you pay for weapons and vehicles and a new map.

Just to be clear, as with our previous releases, we're maintaining a 'features are free, content is premium' doctrine. That means all platform improvements and additions (e.g., the 3D editor) are available to everyone, but significant new content (e.g., Tanoa itself) will be tied to ownership of Arma 3 Apex.

That's a peculiar way to say I'm right. Which actual game does make the crowd pay for fixes? NO. ONE. It's always for "content". And the content here will be MORE OF THE SAME. SO yeah, the guys at BI, figured that some more dough would be fancy, so they even got as far as to prepare a "new map"....

but significant new content (e.g., Tanoa itself) will be tied to ownership of Arma 3 Apex.

You will have to BUY Arma Apex son. It's on your own release. Nothing to do with hate, everything to do with Arma cannibalizing their modd scene, just like Dice did with the BF2 mod scene. And the EA pulled the plug out of that to make more dough. Spare me the "leet BI business plan". 

i always have a good faith in Squad i just don't ignored the problems that could and can end Squad. The Player Base numbers. 

as long we can keep that to a good number during the Release phase Squad can do find. if its still only 2000... 

also stop if the stupid hate of arma. you want to talk about player base? Squad and PR together is only like 4k at once at best.

good. we'll see it go up when features are going in.

temper your outrage, that's not hating on arma. that's saying they scooped up a far wider net than we are. compare the size of our community to the people who strictly play milsim and not the aforementioned zombie or life games.

That's a peculiar way to say I'm right. Which actual game does make the crowd pay for fixes? NO. ONE. It's always for "content". And the content here will be MORE OF THE SAME. SO yeah, the guys at BI, figured that some more dough would be fancy, so they even got as far as to prepare a "new map"....

You will have to BUY Arma Apex son. It's on your own release. Nothing to do with hate, everything to do with Arma cannibalizing their modd scene, just like Dice did with the BF2 mod scene. And the EA pulled the plug out of that to make more dough. Spare me the "leet BI business plan". 

I'll only have to buy shit if I want a new map.. and 100km square... and a few new guns and vehicles... not worth it.. I'll just take the free fixes and stick with original arma.. i don't need some crappy little island map.

good. we'll see it go up when features are going in.

temper your outrage, that's not hating on arma. that's saying they scooped up a far wider net than we are. compare the size of our community to the people who strictly play milsim and not the aforementioned zombie or life games.

advice, never ever ever read none of my post with a temper tone. add a dull tone to all and some dark humor to my jokes when i make them. Typing never transales tone so i never assume the tone of post.

its very easy way to misunderstand someone.

on too arma. So Squad gets a modding scene. why would it be bad to have a WW2 mod for example? so it bring more player in and expands the game more. what if we modded the game to have a PvE scene?

i dont see the issue with good mods. Arma 3 still have many many full Tactical server for me to enjoy and hell even if i do ever want to try something news. mods are free.

also....PR came from a mod background design for BF. Arma gave birth so Dayz style of gaming. i think Mods are great and people enjoy it. Squad could give birth to a new game from its mods. 

hell our biggest games right now LoL, Dota. CT all came from mods. i never duck a game because its fan base are enjoy the mods. 

Arma mods system bring new life into a old game every time i go back into. that to me is very positive thing which i hope also happens in Squad. hell we need a better star wars game then battlefront 3.

Raul, there ain't nothing wrong with battlefront.. other than it being super, super casual and lacking content... other than those 2 things... I have fun with SWBF.

Raul, there ain't nothing wrong with battlefront.. other than it being super, super casual and lacking content... other than those 2 things... I have fun with SWBF.

if i speak, its going to turn into a rant. i take the high road and say i respect your view......

(even if you view holds no base in reality.)

advice, never ever ever read none of my post with a temper tone. add a dull tone to all and some dark humor to my jokes when i make them. Typing never transales tone so i never assume the tone of post.

on too arma. So Squad gets a modding scene. why would it be bad to have a WW2 mod for example? so it bring more player in and expands the game more. what if we modded the game to have a PvE scene?

i dont see the issue with good mods. Arma 3 still have many many full Tactical server for me to enjoy and hell even if i do ever want to try something news. mods are free.

also....PR came from a mod background design for BF. Arma gave birth so Dayz style of gaming. i think Mods are great and people enjoy it. Squad could give birth to a new game from its mods. 

hell our biggest games right now LoL, Dota. CT all came from mods. i never duck a game because its fan base are enjoy the mods. 

Arma mods system bring new life into a old game every time i go back into. that to me is very positive thing which i hope also happens in Squad. hell we need a better star wars game then battlefront 3.

Noted. Perhaps that needs to be in your sig since you don't use emoticons :)

Squad will definitely have a modding scene. Remains to be seen if they can become a modding platform this early on.

Which is why I say normally I'm not a fan of gating content, but the expected size of the future playerbase, they're better off making expansion packs and letting modders play with official assets rather than depending on a dedicated team makings TCs.

I could be wrong though, I'd love to be surprised if we get a surprise success the way DayZ came about, would do wonders for their bottom line.

if i speak, its going to turn into a rant. i take the high road and say i respect your view......

(even if you view holds no base in reality.)

Oh i'm sure anything bad you have to say about battlefront I'll agree with you... for a battlefront game, it's complete trash... if there were no battlefront 1 or 2... and this was the first one... it'd still be trash cause it lacks content.. like space battles etc etc. But regardless of what content it has or not... It's still a really fun game to play with friends.

the only thing that game serves to be is only 

1. turn on the game

2. look at them graphics

3. the Sound Design. that sound design...fuck me better than sex design.

To Zeno,

yea, i should use more Emotes... i just find it strange to use them for a normal tone. maybe this will fit.  :mellow:

the only thing that game serves to be is only 

1. turn on the game

2. look at them graphics

3. the Sound Design. that sound design...fuck me better than sex design.

4. heroes vs villains / fighter squadron 

To Zeno,

yea, i should use more Emotes... i just find it strange to use them for a normal tone. maybe this will fit.  :mellow:

Fixed.

Is this for real or are you an monologue type of things. If you want something very close to Squad in WW2, there's RO, it's pretty slick has a lot of features that probably will make it into Squad and an established base. It's not as vast as Squad's maps although it isn't lacking in size. You want to set up a "modding scene" for a game that's barebones or a modding scene for Unreal Engine? You pick your statement.

PR was still a mod, even if it was stand alone. 

Squad is breaking away from it, but the Unreal heritage is telling. And there's nothing wrong with that. Arma wasn't a mod, nor some Indie game, it was a whole business since the 90's with Gravon and the Poseidon engines. If you don't know what you're talking about please inform yourself. 

What the dang do mods have to do with the fact the nice guys at BI used every trick in their sleve to have their business cut for them. Like Zeno said, they have a completely different crowd to cater (pander actually) and one that will get very very scarce as the whole Zombicalypse will fade (let's hope). 

"Is this for real or are you an monologue type of things. If you want something very close to Squad in WW2, there's RO, it's pretty slick has a lot of features that probably will make it into Squad and an established base."

i think i have that game but never installed it. i give it a go within a week and see how it plays.

the rest of your post seem hostile to me as i was taught by the great Zeno. Emotes should be use here too.  :)

Hostility? Eh...I'm merely underlining the fact that you don't seem to have a clue about the games you're talking about. Nothing hostile, just facts.