Sign in to follow this  
MertSahin

Graphics: Fullscreen vs Borderless

Hey guys i have a question.

my windows resolution is 1920x1080

squad ingame resolution is set 1600x900

my question is the following.

why does borderless looks much better then fullscreen.

like the graphics on fullscreen are low and borderless is high graphics.

i have never used borderless at any game that i play so another question would be what is the difference between both?

does the one use more fps then the other or similar things like that.

thanks in advance for your time and help.

Because when you're using an 1600x900 resolution on a 1920x1080 monitor (with fullscreen) you'll get a stretched version of it, making it look 'bad'. Once you go (borderless) windowed you'll use the real 1600x900 dimension within your 1920x1080 screen, without stretching.

It's simply a matter of stretching, as fullscreen does stretch it to your native size but windowed doesn't.

hmm i think i understand.
just to make it more clear so either windowed or either borderless is both native resolution and looks better right?

but which one has better performance any information on that?

thanks for ur response btw

Your FPS performance wise will be game to game when it comes to windowed borderless vs Fullscreen.  Are you running two monitors because some people who do run multiple monitors use borderless so that the game doesnt close on main monitor when they want to click something on another monitor.  Frames in windowed borederless due to your computer having basically a form of Vsync **forced 3x buffering**on just to operate in that mode.  Basically its locked to your monitors refresh rate. If you are maxing out your video card this mode will most likely stink.  

Fullscreen is pretty much dedicating your PC to the game and letting it run out with no buffer.  All possible performance loss imho is going to be related to the build of your PC when switching from Fullscreen to Windowed Borderless.  

This is not Counter Strike so I personally run my monitors on their native resolution.  For this game, even running multiple monitors I do play on fullscreen for my simple belief that its running smoother :)

thanks for the help man, i could not change my resolution to native 1920x1080p but after trying some things out suddenly it worked out.
ill stick to fullscreen since its fixed thank you.

full screen kills the FPS for me even though it pushes both GPU's to work, while borderless is smooth, much less lag, higher FPS, runs no problem on 1920x1080. Choosing full screen for me just brings troubles

full screen kills the FPS for me even though it pushes both GPU's to work, while borderless is smooth, much less lag, higher FPS, runs no problem on 1920x1080. Choosing full screen for me just brings troubles

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

hmmm weird maybe i shut give it a try to borderless

All in all every game you should always toy around with your PC.  That is the beauty of the PC, tweak settings, config files, launch parameters and things of that nature.  You can always make the game run a lot if not just a little better than you think you can.  Give it a shot, watch your FPS and see what is affecting what.

yes would make sense for full screen to run better considering its straining both GPU's. What I noticed first after updating the AMD drivers to the latest ones lag was horrible, no matter full screen or borderless, although borderless was a tad bit better.

So I reverted back to the 15.7 drivers, tried full screen and no go, then tried borderless and boom back to normal, then to top it off I tried one of the FPS tweaks guide in this forum and much better. So on a full 72 slot server I get around 45-60 FPS. I don't think my hardware is the problem, considering I have the i5-3570 4.4 ghz, x2 R9-290x, 16GB ram..... 

Truth is this game is still in Alpha, that is the issue. Its not even AMD CPU's problem, its the engine problem.