ProwleR GHOST

| GHOST | Ghost Squad looking for active tactical members.

The GHOST clan likes to consider ourselves a "Serious fun" style group. Members are expected to fit in and have a good time with everyone, while simultaneously endeavoring to improve their gameplay and take matches seriously when the time arises. With that being said, let me explain what you can expect from our group and what we look for in a member.

What to expect from us?

24529171164_f9656d60f3_k.jpg 
(Target Practice)

1. GHOST members enjoy in depth training by some of the most experienced and talented members of the Squad community. We train once a week for a few hours, and hold specific practice/strategy meetings before clan matches. These are not mandatory, but it is expected that each member strive to attend these events to improve their play.

2. Fun is all we really want to have, and to us winning is fun. All players are fun going people, but we take competition seriously. Joking around is all good but when it’s time to get serious, it is expected that everyone gets down to business.

3. Rules are very lax and boil down to don’t be a dick. At least not too much of one. Of course the standard No Racism, No Sexism, and No making the clan look bad rules apply.

What do we look for in a GHOST member?

Squad good match2.JPG 
(To assist in illustrating the point, here is one example.)

1. First and foremost let me be blunt, we are not casual gamers. We only accept good shooters. If you are average or below average you will not be accepted. That being said, no matter how good or bad you are we will improve you. So if your average and you have a good attitude, come and play with us some. You will enjoy it, and you may improve enough to be considered.

25133556676_2cc0b1d97d_k.jpg 

2. If you enjoy commanding squad leaders who can hold each of their players hands in a match and guide them step by step to victory, this is not the clan for you. The squad leader sets a general tone of the squad’s mission, situational information is relayed rapidly and efficiently between members, and the individual players work autonomously to complete the task most effectively. We expect players to be able to comprehend their squads mission and work in cohesion with the rest of their squad to accomplish the mission without having their hand held.

3. Lastly, you have to fit in. We don’t have a formal recruitment system. If you think you are up to our other high expectations, you will need a current member to vouch for you to formally be considered for recruitment. So find a member on steam, or in pub matches and play with us. Once someone agrees to vouch for you, you will enter a trial period. In this trial period it is up to you to convince every member of the clan that you are up to GHOST standards. You will be allowed to participate in clan practices and even scrimmages. Then you will be evaluated by all members on your skill, communication, and personality.

Edited by ProwleR GHOST

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I got randomly banned from the Ghost server. They were talking about banning somebody and I think they banned me on accident instead. username supercereal4.

I played with these guys on their server. Ghost players are good people to work with. Unfortunately i couldn't finish the mission today, darn ddos crap.

If your looking for a good squad, and good server i recommend these guys.

I had the pleasure of playing with some of you guys today.  First let me say that your members are very skilled.  With that said, when another squad member expressed an interest in joining your clan, I was a bit disappointed to hear how many times I heard the words K/D when a Ghost member was speaking about what your clan looks for in a potential player (i.e. "50 bomb, 80 bomb"). Frankly this seemed to be an injustice to Squad.  I don't know if you guys are new to PR and Squad, but there is so much more to achieving victory in this game than having a high K/D.  While I completely agree that kills mean taking your enemy's tickets away and low deaths means denying the enemy the opportunity to take yours, other actions are as equally if not more important. Destroying enemy FOBs and capturing enemy flags nets you 10 and 20 points respectively.  Also, certain classes like medic may not have a high K/D. They may even have a negative K/D but having a good medic is critical to keeping your squad in the fight. If a medic is only concerned about kills, he's not going to be a very effective medic. As this game progresses and new roles such as transport and logistics are added, there will be even more paths to victory. 

The reason I decided to post this is because, as Squad founder, I want everyone to know that Squad can be enjoyed in so many ways by players with many varying skills.  The skilled marksman, the brave and tenacious medic, the calculating squad leader, and eventually so much more.  K/D is important, yes, but that alone won't always result in victory.

BTW, I went 24/2 that round because I too enjoy a high K/D.  I just want everyone to know that Squad is about so much more than that.

Thank you for the opportunity to play with you guys.

Sukka out

Oh, no you've got us wrong. We value our medics just as much as the next person, and taking flags, and taking FOBs. We've gone matches where we have taken FOBs before the primary objective to deny the enemy a chance to flank us, or to give us the advantage when taking a flag. I can't even begin to count how many times we have told our usual medics how good of a job they do, whether they are positive KD or not. We are all casual players at heart, but we do like to be competitive, and we would love to find more competitive matches. Because of this, not all of our members are die hard competitive players, so we have been looking lately for more people with a competitive drive, such as yourself , Become, and Seal 6. Sorry if we put off the wrong message.

Looking for "SERIOUS" and "Tactical" people to play with. i'm encountering to many Casual players and its challenging my current Outlook on Squad...

Good bunch of guys to roll with - definitely should be one to consider.

Thanks for letting me roll in game with you guys earlier today as your medic!

Damn glad to have GHOST running in Squad League now! Great bunch of dudes and glad we could help facilitate a new logo. Wear that sumbitch loud and proud!

Looking for some competitive minded players to join us in the march tournament! Do you think you have what it takes to win? Actions speak louder than words, so prove it.

If you can send me a message, im interested just need to know who to talk to

If you can send me a message, im interested just need to know who to talk to

So, I hope we are playing Fools Road instead of those (imo boring) desert maps? :)

The reason we emphasise individual skill and KD so much is because it indicates an inherent knowledge and ability in the game. It indicates you have above average aim and advanced fps tactics. Aim and intuition are the hardest things to teach. 

So please don't feel we are disgracing Squad and PR by looking for these things. We are trying to put the best individual players in the game in a group, teach them the best tactics, strategy, and everything else. We don't want to be regular infantry, we want special forces.

We also expect each memeber of a squad to be somewhat self reliant. IRL a squad leader does not hold his squadmates hand and tell him where to stand, where to shoot, how to move. We expect that of our members. To be an exceptional player in their own right in order to create an exceptional squad. 

Edited by KeyOfChaos

Remember to read point #3. We do recruitment on a vouch system. You will need a current member to put his name on the line so you can be considered for trial. Trial is usually a week where you join our TS and just play with us. We evaluate u as a group on your skill and if we like u. 

But you will need to find us and play with us, and then impress one of us enough to put his name up for you. Feel free to add me  | GHOST | Key and inform me of your intent. I will be happy to play with you and consider vouching for you if you meet our high expectations. 

Edited by KeyOfChaos