ParaPlays

I would pay for DLC if it helped the devs..

Let's not talk about DLCs before they have even had time to finish their game and even when it's been released, please don't, it only divides the community; don't let greed ruin this great successor to Project Reality.

Don't think we're taking about DLC that way. Atleast I'm not.

No dividing anything, we are prepared to spend more for us all to get more faster.

i don't think throwing money @ the devs is going to make things move faster.. It just keeps them all employed to keep @ the pace they are currently going. :P

Don't think we're taking about DLC that way. Atleast I'm not.

No dividing anything, we are prepared to spend more for us all to get more faster.

G6dxcUS.jpg

I do think it would be better for the devs (and gamers in general) if the generous ones would simply donate or buy another copy.

DLCs will only serve to split the community between rich, poor and those not principled enough not to buy into that crap.

Raklodder's graphic is cool and all, but the cost, time and detail that goes into development between now and 1999 has gone up immensely, yet, no real change in the cost of games. To be a game developer back in the day must have been quite profitable.

From the stories I've heard from EA and some of its subsidiaries like black box, there was definitely a lot of wastage. Renting out BC place every year. Flying 100-foot trees from California to be in the lobby. Sensible things really.

Maybe it's good that they've trimmed the fat. lol

I think OWI and it's dev's would consider any hint of DLC during these early stages of SQUAD's lifespan as an indication of failed development. I'm sure their goal is to deliver fully on their original concept, work hand in hand with Modders and go from there.

I would personally, but DLC always splits communities. Some have it, some don't - servers running with/without.

You could possibly make it free for everyone but cosmetic changes for the ones who buys the DLCs? If I'm not mistaken they've made some cosmetic changes for the ak/m4 if you bought the 70$ package, nothing major, but something. This for the soul purpose to support the devs.

Just a thought.

i don't think throwing money @ the devs is going to make things move faster.. It just keeps them all employed to keep @ the pace they are currently going.

Yes. A donation here and there the regular way would work this way.

What I'm thinking is a funding towards a specific goal. That's why I specifically mentioned animations.

No to DLC players need to pay for. Paras opening just got me going on a thought process I've had before. The essence here is that some here are ready and able to support the game further with money.

For me personally I'm in it for the long run; played PR for almost a decade and hoping this will provide the same.

I get that for many spending 70$ for a game is expensive, especially do to the fact that they are used to buy a game, play it for a few months and then buy a new one. I don't buy other games, tried a few others, PR is the only game that really could hold my interest. For me it's worth the investment.

The animation part is a big issue and I think an unforeseen one back in the day when OIW made their progress chart.

Fixing animations is said to be a priority, OIW team is small and my proposal for a direct action for this specific goal could be an effective way to go about it.

Renting a team of animators for a short while. Doing it this way saves them from hiring folks they don't need for the long run and saves them from putting much else on the sidelines for a while or be undermanned on the issue.

I don't claim to know OIW resources or anything about programming.

I do onsite management at major construction sites (plumbing installations) and planning resources is a big part of it. Just sharing thoughts here.

Sucky-Sucky DLC 5$

BTT:
No, I don't support games basing their success on the sell of unhonest DLCs (making already planned content into DLCs or otherwise expected content part of DLC) and stupid ingame-microtransactions.
But even if they just sell extra skins etc. it will make them look bad in many eyes.

This community is super supportive and extremely loyal, so destroying these things by making DLCs would most likely not come into the dev's minds. I'm pretty sure of that as they were joking about DLCs again and again.

Donations all the way!

Speaking of DLC.... in a sense... When are us backers gonna get that nifty RPG and desert camo M4? Anyone know? i was talking to one of the devs about it awhile ago.. If i remember correctly... its gonna be a little bit before we see those skins again.

But I could be wrong.. any clarification?

You're wallet is really loose. Might wanna get a new one. But yeah it's nice that you're this supportive. Personally I think OWI has gathered a good amount of money to furfill their base goals. Everything above will be eventually be funded by regular game purchases. Donations are nice tho'

Its Xmas holidays, so the wallet does a lil more talking than usual :)

Yeh, OWI is doing well. Squad had a very successful EA release which was great to see.

The Witcher 3's well received expansions are DLC, but if you called it DLC people would flip out. The acronym "DLC" has been soured by micro-transactions and cut content from certain money-grubbers, but the idea that any paid content post-release is automatically bad is a little much.

If the team were to set out creating an entirely different set of content post-launch it would depend on the subject matter whether I purchased it or not.

DLC didn't become a term until steam really hit it off in like 04' before that... everything was an expansion and came in a box on a disc cause there were no online distributors. 

Arma did it in a good way.

with the Hile DLC everyone gest to ride in them. those who bought it gets to fly them.

the markmen DLC gives everything to everyone...but it,....does..have ad if you use them... the thing is that it does not break up the mp player base.

the last one was ok but move on from that. the only DLC we should get is Expansions. small things like a weapon, hile, and stuff should be included.

how ever DLC is done just make sure it does not break up the player base.

arma did DLC terribly... Can't deploy that bipod without that marksmen DLC... 20 bucks to be able to deploy bipods... No thanks.

Unless it's changed.... But when it first came out, you couldnt use bipods unless you bought that DLC.

arma did DLC terribly... Can't deploy that bipod without that marksmen DLC... 20 bucks to be able to deploy bipods... No thanks.

Unless it's changed.... But when it first came out, you couldnt use bipods unless you bought that DLC.

i dont know how thing were before but you can use it all (weapons, cloths, bipod) just have this annoy tag to your right if you use the weapons.

the Heli DLC ok...as long you dont split the player base is all i care for. Arma didnt do that so GG. 

Bipods and cloth is for all. 

i was able to use it all then decided hell why not its on sale and decided to support Arma 3 once more. (12$ for all the dlcs, why not)

For Squad, the easiest DLC that makes sense is to release the OST. Maybe when personalization comes out there might be room for "accessories", but not different camo/weapon skins.

I would definitely buy an expansion pack for a completely different era/theater, especially if it adds a new gameplay element. 

For instance, they could do a Vietnam pack with all that comes with it, maps and factions, but also add in a tunnel network which they had on their wishlist. If they are successful enough they could even entertain backporting that into the current modern era maps for everyone. Same with WWII and amphibious vehicles, etc. Should be a decent compromise for gating the new stuff if the old stuff gets a revamp.

Worth a purchase since its not just a reskin and a few maps, but a completely different experience. Not to mention all the new official stuff modders get to play with.

Well last time I tried to use a weapon with a bipod... it wouldnt let me and told me to buy the DLC.

Well last time I tried to use a weapon with a bipod... it wouldnt let me and told me to buy the DLC.

it seems 

Arma at first limited a lot of the DLC to non buyers, glad that they change it down the road.

imo, any DLC should only be cosmetic, like a "born to kill" written on a helmet, an alternate weapon skin (like the one they already have) or a pack of cigarettes clipped on to a sleeve, or something like that. but thats it. imo, DLC should be minimal, NOT affect gameplay, and be a way to give more support to devs, but should be almost unnoticeable. anything other than this and Squad immediately diverges from its PR roots and converges with *shudders* electronic arts...

Arma did it in a good way.

with the Hile DLC everyone gest to ride in them. those who bought it gets to fly them.

the markmen DLC gives everything to everyone...but it,....does..have ad if you use them... the thing is that it does not break up the mp player base.

the last one was ok but move on from that. the only DLC we should get is Expansions. small things like a weapon, hile, and stuff should be included.

how ever DLC is done just make sure it does not break up the player base.

Arma made like 10 dlc's

The helicopter one is FUKIN stupid. Like 2-3 helicopters for $15-$20

i got them all for 12$ on sale!

lol, 

like i said i dont care as long the dlc does not break up the player base.