Sovietdoge

User Interface Concept Art

HUD; all elements visible

dQEb.png

A more credible in-game situation

eQEb.png

Minimal amount of elements visible

fQEb.png

Didn't want to deviate from the current HUD too much, hence why I left the compass and ammo widget the same. I did remove the 'bullet chambered' icon though, because it's useless IMHO. Instead I put the firemode indicator in the middle of the ammo widget.

Any feedback is appreciated.

looking great. spawning in can be a pain. a one click option would really help.

the ui looks a bit like the system in heroes and generals layout.

I really like your concepts, especially the assigning of certain roles to squads, that's what we'd really need!

Agreed, I'd love to see OWI implement this in Squad. I'm currently designing a neat little infographic showcasing what squad roles bring to the table.

Made a topic in the discussion forum about squad roles. Chime in and share your thoughts. Also, I've updated the OP with the latest UI concept images as of today.

Based on Sovietdoge's concept, I decided to learn Unreal and put his menu system to life. This is still being worked on as I've learned Unreal from scratch to create this. 

Based on Sovietdoge's concept, I decided to learn Unreal and put his menu system to life. This is still being worked on as I've learned Unreal from scratch to create this. 

<presentation video>

Ha! Keep it up!

Really like most of it, but the only problem I really see is for cheating, if you display the amount of tickets the teams have then people might abuse it by rejoining matches to look at the enemy ticket counter. I would say just have a sort of estimate of how long the tickets might last (like 50 tickets is almost done, 100 tickets some time left etc.) without indicating which side has what amount of tickets otherwise it will be abused like they did with streaming in Project Reality.

HbKb.png

Resurrection! Got back into the photoshop mood and made this. Please view in full size (click on the image, then the 'Full Size' button in the bottom-left corner). Inspired by previous designs from r0tzbua and (now OWI dev!) AJAX.

Sumari map courtesy of AJAX. Background image by Fokkehassel:

Feedback, comments etcetera are always welcome.

Edited by Sovietdoge

That's bloody amazing, not only does the UI look amazing but it has a draw function and a mutiny function, well god damn you've got me intrigued, hope to see it in game one day.

Love it.

What's with the 2/2 squads and the role dropdown for squad creation?

Just my personal opinion but enforcing squad restriction based on role is not a very good idea. This has been discussed thoroughly in the past.

Offtopic: just 2 guys for a mortar squad is a no no :)

5 minutes ago, MirceaDogaru said:

Love it.

Just my personal opinion but enforcing squad restriction based on role is not a very good idea. This has been discussed thoroughly in the past.

I don't know, could help implement specialized squads in a faster and simpler fashion rather than most other methods mentioned.

I reckon it could work quite well.

Also on the topic of 2 guys for a mortar squad I agree but increasing the size substantially makes the role harder to fulfill, I reckon a 3 man squad could work, 2 mortar operators and 1 soldier for security.

Edited by PinguThePenguin

35 minutes ago, MirceaDogaru said:

Love it.

I think you're looking at an older image - I'll update the OP. If you want to know a bit more about how I envision the whole squad role thing, check out this thread:

I think it could definitely work, but opinions are indeed divided.

My god do i love these.

It's simplistic but clear, not too colorful or dull and retains the style and theme of the game(military), is easy to read even with a lot going on on the screen.

10/10 would want in the game. 

Love it! What are the circles in the bottom right suppose to mean? The things you'll be able to do in the selected course?