Sovietdoge

User Interface Concept Art

195 posts in this topic

Really nice updates. Keep it up. I almost feel the yellow color should be as saturated as the rest. Maybe you tried that already and it didn't look any good, but it gives me a sense of consistency in your color palette. Also another idea I'd have regarding the the double slashes would be to make them the same height as your font because it drags down the visual centre of your font, if you know what I mean :P 

I cant wait for the workshop to be released so that I can use those!!!

Update! Server browser (click for full res):

oTDb.png

Main menu updates (stacked items to left hand side)

pTDb.png

Various tweaks to the deployment menu and map loading screen (added soft shadows to windows, font adjustments, increased size of 'server message' window, among others)

uTDb.png

vTDb.png

YES YES YES!! If ever modding the menu is possible. Im subbed :) now that main looks clean as [email protected]! Perfect IMO!

Really nice updates. Keep it up. I almost feel the yellow color should be as saturated as the rest. Maybe you tried that already and it didn't look any good, but it gives me a sense of consistency in your color palette. Also another idea I'd have regarding the the double slashes would be to make them the same height as your font because it drags down the visual centre of your font, if you know what I mean :P

I use the same brightness and saturation values for all colors. The only exceptions are text written in red, which has reduced saturation for readability purposes, and the vehicle icons.

As for the double slashes, here they are with equal height:

WWDb.png

And here how they are now:

VWDb.png

I guess one isn't necessarily better than the other. Personally I prefer the bottom one.

That looks like one bad ass main menu. Would be epic if the devs could make it semi dynamic, wind blowing n shit.

Personally i like my menu items stacked on the left side. But hell. Keep up the good work!

That is a little extra touch that I too would love. It was actually one of the most endearing things to me about the Borderlands 2 game: their main menu (not that I disliked any of the rest; I just really liked the main menu).

Really nice!  :wub: 

I'd like to see a bit more info about the game mode on the Server Browser so new people know what type of game mode is currently running.

So if the server is running AAS we could have something like this..

"Players in both teams have to capture a number of bases or zones. The winning team is the one which have most bases under control when the time or tickets runs out."

or

"In this mode, two teams start at the opposite end of the map. Players must begin by capturing CPs in a specific order. A team loses when they run out of tickets"

Looks really nice. Any word from the devs about whether this may get implemented or are you just hoping it'll get their attention?

Looks really nice. Any word from the devs about whether this may get implemented or are you just hoping it'll get their attention?

IIRC the devs have stated that having a 'pretty' UI isn't a priority yet. Which is understandable since more important things need to implemented first (like vehicles and a new animation system).

Options menu WIP:

s7Eb.png

Server browser font updates

t7Eb.png

Standardized image dimensions for all UI elements + various other edits

u7Eb.png

v7Eb.png

Feedback is always appreciated, especially for the options menu this time.

Amount of time left for the match.

How do you know that ?

It is for AAS too,or?

Right now a time limit is only used for Insurgency and Territory Control (2 hours IIRC). I imagine in the future server hosts will be able to set a time limit for any gamemode. In PR quite a lot of servers run a time limit for AAS, to make sure the server will still rotate maps when empty.

that looks so good, maybe you should apply to dev team ;)

that looks so good, maybe you should apply to dev team ;)

I would if I actually were confident in my ability to get this stuff working in UE4, haha.

Anyhow I tweaked the deployment and map loading elements a bit - gave them a more sensible outer border to fit within.

VAEb.png

YAEb.png

Map Loading screen, click for full res.

Again - those smexy ass vehicle icons weren't made by me, but AJAX.

gGDb.png

Some minor edits to the spawn screen (added officer icons, fixed Russia being BLUFOR and icon cleanups)

fGDb.png

http://imgur.com/gPwCc18

what is those two tank icons?

Left one indicates an IFV - a BMP-3 in the image you posted. The right one indicates an MBT. The Russians use three T-90As on Black Gold.

Loving 'Stackhouse' and 'Burnett' reference flying the bird. What a great film.

Right now a time limit is only used for Insurgency and Territory Control (2 hours IIRC). I imagine in the future server hosts will be able to set a time limit for any gamemode. In PR quite a lot of servers run a time limit for AAS, to make sure the server will still rotate maps when empty.

If you say that