shabunken

Xbox Headset Issue

i use a wired Xbox 360 controller with its headset, it works for every other game ( arma 2,3, project zomboid, GTA V america's army, TF2 and garrys mod ) but not this game, any reason why?

Squad uses the default recording device in Windows. Is your mic set as the default device?

it is setup as my default communication device, if i set it up as my default device i get sound out of my headset ( only one ear piece ) and no sound out of my speakers

*EDIT* not sure what i did but people can hear me now, but i hear my squad voice out of the speakers not the headset, but i can talk now at least

All I know is that in Win 10 (and I think in 7 and 8) the playback and recording devices are a different tab in Sound options. I use a Sennheiser PC350 headset connected to the motherboard in the back analog jacks. My motherboard like a lot of others uses a Realtek solution. I just have to make sure they're selected right in the Windows Sound settings and I'm good to go with Squad.

default%20recording_zpsf4apcx8h.jpgdefault%20recording2_zpszepx3akb.jpg

mine just plugs into a USB port in the back, and i plug the headset into the controller, i don't have the option for just the mic, but i will be getting a headset soon so i can get rid of the controller headset, and i'm on windows 7

I use a xbox one headset connected via usb to the computer. It works in every other game, even ones that don't support the controller. I've tried everything to fix it. I've made sure its the default recording device in windows and disabled every other option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im on Windows 10.