R3dundantC

Forum Backer Tag Ideas

The tags are not something I actually care about but the Glenlivet is kicking in and got my creative juices flowing.

In this thread, http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/9383-early-access-rewards/, I posted a quick mockup of my idea to have a small, discreet image that looks like a military rocker patch showing the backer status. This is what I'd like to see. A little "Backer" rocker logo. It's there, but not in your face. Discrete, yet visible. And it fits the motif of Squad.

91e3abb797.jpg

Another option I thought of would be to replace the Member status area completely with a section of slightly larger stackable rockers.

04d97e30ee.jpg

I'm not a coder so I don't have any idea how much of a pain in the ass this would be to implement.

founder looks better than backer :o

It probably would. It could say Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis for all I care. I'd rather have content in the game than a little tag to make me a forum snowflake anyday. Just throwing the concept out there.

I contacted Squad support via email. Their response was:

There will be backer tags for riflemen tier for Kickstater and paypal :D 

They'll be done in a batch, so it may take a while. 

I am just waiting for "any" founders tag to be added.

Just keep your eyes open. They're out there in the wild. As far as I know, they've only been rolled out for Airborne and higher Kickstarter backers.

foundertag_zpsy4atreur.jpg

Well to be honest if there are founder tags out there then there should be for all FOUNDERS not just a select few. Basically you are saying my money isn't as good as their money. I just can't believe it has taken this long to get someone to even create tags in the first place. Many are saying that they don't really care about their tags, but I say BS to them. It is and always was part of our packages that is supposed to show we helped back this project and now you are saying that only $180 or more gets them???!!! Really cause that isn't what my package told me! It's funny how someone could DONATE $20 and get a Donor tag but those who paid for a FOUNDERs package get nothing after all this time. The donors had theirs months ago!

Amount pledged 
$123.00 CAD

Reward

Commander - Founder Level - ($100 USD)

- Closed Pre-Alpha access 
- Closed Alpha access 
- Steam Early access 
- 2 Standard game keys 
Both keys include Closed Pre-Alpha, 
Closed Alpha, and Full game w/ EA. 
- Founder patch in game 
- Founder Tag in forums

- Alternate Primary weapon skins (AK and M4) 
- Digital copy of the “Squad” soundtrack 
- In game name in Credits

Estimated delivery 

Sep 2015

Well to be honest if there are founder tags out there then there should be for all FOUNDERS not just a select few.

Yes? And there will be, to all founders (those who got the game BEFORE EarlyAccess).

​They didn't state when it will be shown, only that it will be shown.

SL0P0K3

Maybe, just maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe there are more important things for Squad at the moment? It has been stated quit a few times that we will get our shiny sexy tags in due time.

What happens if your mail registered for the forums is different than the one that is used to support the game? I never found any answer to this while searching the forums

I personally would prefer it if I, as a founder, could choose to not display any Founder Tags on my posts. I find them big and distracting.

I wouldn't be opposed to something in the same style as the current Donor Tag, however. That little rectangle is nice and simple, and not intrusive at all.