Ridoc

Please report hacks to devs (expecially Server admins)

Why this?

As an Admin of a Squad Server i started a Blacklist, trying to catch up all postis here in the forum about Cheaters, especially the last days.

I started this as my personal Project - But everyone is making a forums posts with different format, so its hard to get all

I will do my best to improve the procedure until we have an official solution for that

The time has come, so my post is not needed anymore

... there is an official Part of the Forum to report Hacker

http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/62-report-hackers-problem-players/

Really steam 64 bit ID?

Phish much?

no offense, but do you have any power to do anything? Its good to see people being proactive. But making a list of reports that isn't feed directly to the devs/by the devs is not helpful.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're working with Sparcany on this one?

Question...

How do I know who to report? If I die in Squad, oftentimes I do not know where I was shot from. I don't know if it was the same player killing me over and over again, or different players each time. I don't even know if it was a team kill or not. At any rate, I do NOT see the name of the person that killed me.

How can I report someone if I don't know who it is? How would I notice that a cheater is about if he disconnects as soon as the scoreboard comes up?

Question...

How do I know who to report? If I die in Squad, oftentimes I do not know where I was shot from. I don't know if it was the same player killing me over and over again, or different players each time. I don't even know if it was a team kill or not. At any rate, I do NOT see the name of the person that killed me.

How can I report someone if I don't know who it is? How would I notice that a cheater is about if he disconnects as soon as the scoreboard comes up?

If you're asking that question, then do not report.

I'd advise to report players that you are 100% certain are hacking.

If you're asking that question, then do not report.

I'd advise to report players that you are 100% certain are hacking.

Fair enough, but then I'll ask again: how would I notice or find out that someone is hacking? How can I tell if a kill on me is "legit" or not? And if I notice that I'm getting killed illegitimately; how would I know WHO did it?

Fair enough, but then I'll ask again: how would I notice or find out that someone is hacking? How can I tell if a kill on me is "legit" or not? And if I notice that I'm getting killed illegitimately; how would I know WHO did it?

Straightforward, no bullshit answer: You really cant/dont. Its not something that you can instantly know right now. Simply the nature of the beast when it comes to developing games and having am anti cheat system in the works.. The easy ones to catch are the ones that fire off grenades and RPGs like a machine gun, or speed across the map twice as fast without slowing down. But right now it takes a lucky break or an attentive admin to catch suspicious players that most likely have some sort of aimbot on. Simply the way of the world for Squad right now. It will get better.

Straightforward, no bullshit answer: You really cant/dont. Its not something that you can instantly know right now. Simply the nature of the beast when it comes to developing games and having am anti cheat system in the works.. The easy ones to catch are the ones that fire off grenades and RPGs like a machine gun, or speed across the map twice as fast without slowing down. But right now it takes a lucky break or an attentive admin to catch suspicious players that most likely have some sort of aimbot on. Simply the way of the world for Squad right now. It will get better.

But as I understand it, the only ones who can report them is their own team, because they are the only ones who can see his name. Is this correct?

So if I encounter or suspect a cheater, my best bet would be to use [All] chat to talk to the other team, and ask them to check and identify that player. (Or to switch teams.) And if it was a team kill, I won't find out it was a team kill at all, unless someone saw it. Although there should be some auto-kick mechanism for chain teamkillers in place since two hotfixes ago.

But as I understand it, the only ones who can report them is their own team, because they are the only ones who can see his name. Is this correct?

So if I encounter or suspect a cheater, my best bet would be to use [All] chat to talk to the other team, and ask them to check and identify that player. (Or to switch teams.) And if it was a team kill, I won't find out it was a team kill at all, unless someone saw it. Although they should have some auto-kick mechanism for chain teamkillers in place.

Pretty much, yes. Ive seen a lot of teams turn against a hacker on their own team too. Theyll get his IGN and screenshot/video and then TK him mercilessly

It can be the own Team or the Server Admins.

Once Admins see someone with a "suspicous" score or behaviour or get noticed by the Players, we can follow with Admin Cam and create evidence/proof

This^

The only issue right now is that not all community servers have active admins... This is NOT the kinda game where you can just have a server running 24/7 and only have one or two admins who sometimes play. This makes me a very sad panda. 

While we're here can we all agree that camping the main spawn is toxic for game-play and IMO needs to end. This isn't BF or CoD, there is no advantage to it in the terms of being enjoyable for all and all it does is ruin a server. It's not hard to focus on the last objective and maintain some competitive aspect to the game-play. 

10 seconds of immunity (or until you start shooting, whichever comes first) after spawning at a base station would fix the main spawn camping issue.

Today i start game and connect to first server, i hear too much explosions. Welcome to hacker war..... he shooting hundreds grenades from grenade launcher, after 10 min team killing on outer sides he disconnect from server. 10 min. later start cheating next two player name " bendov4 and Vertigo9 " they make server fps drop to 5 fps and all around explosing.... werry well... when dev. can make monthly update next day russiand scums make new hack and game i playable only one day in month... this is dead game... sry from my english... i cant find steam ID this two players... its impossible when isnt this function in game..

It's hard to tell if someone is hacking in the game as there are no proof of stats or kill cam or kill feed so no point reporting I say hack like they do