Ridoc

Our Servers Blacklist/heads up list

This topic is not needed anymore

If an admin likes to get our Servers blacklist, please contact me by PM

This scares me, only because "proof" can be fabricated, and I would hate to get on someones bad side and then end up on a list.  I hope "proof" is well defined and agreed upon.  

Videos would be harder to fake than screen shots, but still possible if someone has the right tools.

I see in the form that you require the suspected players nickname but only request their SteamID (you are not making it required).

I cannot stress how faulty I think this is. Anyone can make their Steam nickname (which is also their in-game nickname) whatever they want at any time. And if you read through the below link you can see that one of the hackers decided to use MY nickname for a while yesterday.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/9338-hacker-in-the-chicago-1-server/#entry142895

If we are only using your form, I could have potentially found myself on your blacklist -- through no fault of my own.

Please reconsider how you are going to implement this & REQUIRE the SteamID.

Thank you, thats a good point from both of you

@Kasich
Done

@illumin
Addes Type of proof for easy filtering

I wouldn't consider this as an option, while the intention is good it is too vulnerable to trolling, especially when it is well know I can predict that 80% of reports are based in impersonated nicks. It might work better if it would be a somesort heads-up tool for server admins to look out certain nicks since it seems the offenders are jumping from server to server atm.

Hook up with some mailing list or something like that the ones of you admins who know each other and share the potential offenders there. Much easier to keep it clean from misuse.

Yes true, thats why i changed it to mandatory SteamID as Kasich proposed

I can predict that 80% of reports are based in impersonated nicks.

if it would be a somesort heads-up tool for server admins

Yes, that was atually the intention.

Im jumping through all forums trying to find proactive those b*st*rds and ban them from our server

problem is if someone is hacking you can not tell who it is because it doesn't show who is killing you, you can tell by the end of the game when scores are presented, but here is another problem the F12 wont do any ingame screen shot.... 

I just got out of a server because a guy on the opposite team was wrecking all our team, the whole team not just our squad.... but that wasn't even the reason I left, I left because the ******** besides aimboting was also spamming like crazy grenades, grenade launchers and smoke.....

He was shooting infinite grenades and smokes to a point that my FPS dropped to 10 FPS..... So I said fuck it and left, I wish I could devs fix this!!!! They cant because they can only do so much, cheating has been in online and offline gaming every since games came out :(

Its exactly why I even post here and tell the devs to lock Cfg files so we can have fair play for every one, only tinkering settings from the ingame to be possible. Once the game gets optimized you can tinker around ingame settings and make it playabale for your self too, and if that cant be achieved then, well then you should of never bought this game in first place if you have 6-7 years old PC that even back then was considered mediocre at best.

25.12.2015 14:56:48 teemo / AA_CVNG_AA 76561198117124558 25.12.2015 13:00:00 Hacker   Bombing a massiv area with rocket hits   No Proof No Evidence

+1

Dont have no evidence either - but I think his 52:0 score at the end of the round after like 18 min of gameplay is pretty much remarkable. And that he´s been firing 300+ 40mm Grenades. (Maybe he used the Apache Helicopter).

edit:
 I remember playing with aa_cvng_aa on another game, where he came up with very good teamplay. I believe that the hacker just stole his nickname to put an innocent victim in shame :(

well i banned him on my server anyway but for others its hard to make it sure without a screenshot or video

I personally started recording every match now :)

thanks for this, can you detail the best ways to add those players to our server banlist?  either through console or by editing the configs?

yes digging through my dedicated server i CAN'T find the ban list. Where is it exactly. never seen a game with directories so fking confusing.

25.12.2015 14:56:48 teemo / AA_CVNG_AA 76561198117124558 25.12.2015 13:00:00 Hacker   Bombing a massiv area with rocket hits   No Proof No Evidence

+1

Dont have no evidence either - but I think his 52:0 score at the end of the round after like 18 min of gameplay is pretty much remarkable. And that he´s been firing 300+ 40mm Grenades. (Maybe he used the Apache Helicopter).

edit:

I remember playing with aa_cvng_aa on another game, where he came up with very good teamplay. I believe that the hacker just stole his nickname to put an innocent victim in shame :(

Here's some video evidence altho the only real evidence is his score at the end of the match 

hacking starts around the 44 minute marker, and scoreboard shows him with 64 kils at https://youtu.be/w5mN4aVHvSo?t=1h27m51s he continues into the next game.

Slightly OFF-topic, iv been struggling with any guide on server configurations, if anyone could point me in the right direction id be very greatfull. 

Edited by n4k1ng

Yes this guy was reported to me several times, he is in the blacklist as all others i could proof by the evidence delivered

thanks for the support guys

all of them are of course banned from my Server too

thanks for this, can you detail the best ways to add those players to our server banlist?  either through console or by editing the configs?

You have to add the SteamIDs to GameUserSettings.ini or if you cant acces that use the ingame consoles

> adminban "64BITSTEAMUSERID" CHEAT

this should add it to the files too and you can find the entry in the ini files after

I can confirm IrrationaL man is a nade hacker, though have no proof as I forgot to record my admin cam, I was watching him nade away. Quite funny and satisfying ban.

Just add in the gamesettings.ini

BANNED=64STEAMID THAT LONG NUMBER

and they are never going to connect again :P

Interesting thread, I thought that someone already created an API for people to use for these issues, but it seems that isn't the case.

A simple dll hooked up with API keys and a shared ban report system would be best case for that type of problems right now, especially as you should only allow server-admins reporting these issues.

I see some that didint listen the rules i dont think they should be on the cheater list what do you think? 

Thats why i marked them "personal ban" but yes you are right - i will keep that tab for cheater only

Made extra tab for them ... i also market them differently and wrote why ;)

May be a glitch, i seen a Squadie crawling through the grass at sprint speed once on Fools Road, when i asked the other Squad members to look over here at (player name) they said he was running normally?