Mimic

Squad 2ICs

I have been thinking about this for a while now and I'm wondering what you all think of this idea.

A squad leader has to manage a team of 8 people when on patrol, usually there will be a second in charge squad leader who manages a fireteam for the leader.

So this means the squad leader manages half of the squad as a fireteam while the 2IC manages the other.

This doesn't mean the 2IC can make the tactical decisions though, he can only do that if the leader becomes a casualty.

The squad leader can also decide who will be the 2IC and demote him if necessary.

The system could also allow the leader to assign a player into a fireteam.

This proves useful as if the squad is split in half, there is somebody to lead the other fireteam for the time being as the squad leader is not there

The people per squad limit in-game will be 9 people. My best guess is that this is to allow two fireteams of 4, each with its own Fireteam Lead, and then the last spot for the SL. This way fireteam leads can worry about the micromanaging of their respective teams and individual roles etc, whereas the SL will worry about the position and roles of the fireteams as a whole and the position and roles of the squad as a whole. If I recall correctly the SL will be able to give "individual markers" but whether this means just to individuals or to fireteams is unclear. As far as I know there isn't anything that says that fireteams will be supported inside the squad (similar to PR:Arma's method) but I'm sure the devs have considered it.

I would be fine with even just having a few fireteam leaders at least, it would help to manage the squad at least instead of having people with other things on their mind, A squad is more effective if more than one leader is present to keep the cohesion y'know?

That will be a very cool feature when you get that up and running! Can you tell us a little bit about the actual squad setups - what is a Squad in the context of the game?

We are aiming for servers with 50 v 50, and squads of 9, with the ability for the Squad leader to subdivide their squad into multiple fireteams. We are still working on this feature and will provide a feature article on the website when we are prepared to talk more about this.

In terms of command and control features, we do intend to expand greatly on the marker system from PR:BF2, and also allow even Fireteam leaders to place their own markers.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content/265-interview-squad-combat-realism-fps.html