Shanked

Unable to use cover properly due to hitboxes.

Maybe when gun resting is in it won't be such a problem. I find it worst when shooting from a window. Step back a bit a hit the window surround, step forward and you make a clear shot. It's hard to judge when ADS if the barrel is clear.

korkut   

Like this?

This is perfect. I really really hope the Squad devs do it this way instead of the way Arma does it (where your entire body is prevented from turning by your gun hitting something).

FishMan   

What can i say, this feature wouldnt solve the problem on the first video ive posted, because the barrel is pretty far from concrete, but still you cant hit anything.

About second video, it was done by Tooner, i guess he was a programmer in squad, he left the team actually some time ago.

FishMan   

Sorry for necroposting but I've just noticed that looks like Bohemia for example fixed this issue by moving the point from which bullets come from a little bit up:

5j6WzxH.jpg

Edited by FishMan

embecmom   

yup the most annoying thing about squad.. been shouting about this for a long time ... needs resolved... shooting into window ledges... walls... ground ..boxes...barrels .. Insurgency manage to sort weapons collision by either allowing the weapon if bipod to be rested on the object or the rifle raises in the air... it is so annoying getting into position in cover .. to peek over a wall have LOS and then give away your position because you stick 3 or 4 rounds into the wall... 

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

yup the most annoying thing about squad.. been shouting about this for a long time ... needs resolved... shooting into window ledges... walls... ground ..boxes...barrels .. Insurgency manage to sort weapons collision by either allowing the weapon if bipod to be rested on the object or the rifle raises in the air... it is so annoying getting into position in cover .. to peek over a wall have LOS and then give away your position because you stick 3 or 4 rounds into the wall... 

Yeh, the amount of players that say the same also, it is a nightmare, i dont understand it, you have the crosshair/los on a enemy and bullets just hit ledges ground walls etc.

39 minutes ago, Daytrader said:

Yeh, the amount of players that say the same also, it is a nightmare, i dont understand it, you have the crosshair/los on a enemy and bullets just hit ledges ground walls etc.

How is it so hard to understand that your barrel and sights are in different positions on the weapon?

Ideally they will make it so that your weapon automatically adjusts to shoot out of a window with the barrel resting on the window or adjusting to hold it over a wall. This is probably hard as hell to code and will require a lot of animation so I wouldn't expect something like this for a long time.

embecmom   
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, Catindabox said:

How is it so hard to understand that your barrel and sights are in different positions on the weapon?

true enough but actually telling that in the game is difficult where it is just fractions of a difference.. its more important now with the new maps and many windows! ... they are adding a bipod to the LMGs (thank goodness) so I'm guessing there will be some sort of collision animation that could be applied somewhat to other weapons..

9 hours ago, RaginSam said:

This happens to me a lot. What's the point of cover if you can't use it?

Exactly.

banOkay   
On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, Catindabox said:

Because in real life you'd automatically move the gun 2cm to avoid shooting at an obstacle and an in-game perception of this is hindered by a lot. A weapon resting system, gun collision and automatic gun adjustment would solve this.

3 hours ago, banOkay said:

Because in real life you'd automatically move the gun 2cm to avoid shooting at an obstacle and an in-game perception of this is hindered by a lot. A weapon resting system, gun collision and automatic gun adjustment would solve this.

Read the post I was quoting