RoyAwesome

Alpha 3.8 Released

After more testing i can say that performance on my system i5 4,5ghz + 970 is worse than 3.7.

The max fps is better, but that dosnt really matter, 122 vs 240 fps.

The min fps has dropped from 45 to 38-40

Avg fps dropped from 60 to 50.

Tacet :

Any update on the release of 3.9??

There will not be a Dec. recap due to the lack of progress and for all the bug fixing for EA they had to do. The recap wont come until the beginning of February which will be the January Recap and we will also be getting a 3.9 update for Squad as well.

3.9 update: What we will be getting is updated maps like Fools Road and Sumari, hopefully more emplacements, vehicles probably not, bug fixes, and other things we don't know yet.

There will not be a Dec. recap due to the lack of progress and for all the bug fixing for EA they had to do. The recap wont come until the beginning of February which will be the January Recap and we will also be getting a 3.9 update for Squad as well.

3.9 update: What we will be getting is updated maps like Fools Road and Sumari, hopefully more emplacements, vehicles 'who knows", bug fixes, and other things we don't know yet.

Any source on this one?

The source is out there, but the info is all over the place.

cant find the source ...can you find the info if its all over the place

Happy Holidays!

General Development

Due to this months momentous release on Steam Early Access, a large amount of development time has been focused on the release itself and sending out hot fixes for critical bugs, including performance and general stability. Dont worry though, content-related developments are still continuing in the background but the focus right now is performance and player experience, so well wait for the January re-cap to update you on all the content goodness.

Now regarding to the actual what will be in the update 3.9 was just some of me guessing, but as for bug fixing and map progression/update for Sumari and Fools Road will probably be in the next update. Possibly all maps.

I think it depends on what kind of content they are bringing, its not even sure there will be a 3.9 at all.

If they get vehicles in or the new version of unreal engine etc it will a big change and likely called 4.0

3.9 could just be a fix for AMD issues which prevent TONS of us from breaking 35 FPS. then I can actually play and have some foundation to give feedback :)

Happy Holidays!
General Development

Due to this months momentous release on Steam Early Access, a large amount of development time has been focused on the release itself and sending out hot fixes for critical bugs, including performance and general stability. Dont worry though, content-related developments are still continuing in the background but the focus right now is performance and player experience, so well wait for the January re-cap to update you on all the content goodness.

Now regarding to the actual what will be in the update 3.9 was just some of me guessing, but as for bug fixing and map progression/update for Sumari and Fools Road will probably be in the next update. Possibly all maps.

Won't be a 3.9 unless they release a hotfix for something.

"If you've been following our development leading into Early Access, you will have noticed we release monthly content updates. We will continue to do this through the Early Access period, continuing with Alpha 4 at the end of January. For those worried that we are missing an update at the end of December, don't worry! We'll be doing a small update with a few important changes, but not enough for us to call it V4."

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/8517-steam-early-access-follow-up/

Above all, I hope server stability is fixed and anticheat implemented. All of the remaining bug fixes / performance enhances / updates / content additions are just saucy juicy deliciousness.

3.9 will be bug fixes and more tools to combat cheaters.

Only whole numbers should add new content. eg, 2.0 -> 3.0 = Steam Integration.

So... There will be a 3.9 before 4.0?

When? :P

Woah! So you are telling us that we'll have to wait till 5.0 after the release of 4.0 to get new content? That would mean at least half a year, no?

"If you've been following our development leading into Early Access, you will have noticed we release monthly content updates. We will continue to do this through the Early Access period, continuing with Alpha 4 at the end of January. For those worried that we are missing an update at the end of December, don't worry! We'll be doing a small update with a few important changes, but not enough for us to call it V4."

snapback.png

Happy Holidays!
General Development

Won't be a 3.9 unless they release a hotfix for something.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/8517-steam-early-access-follow-up/

Sorry, I totally got myself included confused, but your definitely right . So yes 3.9 update will be a small update with bug fixes "sometime this month" to get ready for Alpha 4. Alpha 4 will have all the new content end of January.