Sign in to follow this  
Him.Self

Movement is too fast

I find the movement ingame while walking to fast. feels like im running all the time.

plus there should be a tactical slow movement when crouching.

now speed is like:

walk = run

run = speedhack

Crouch=walk.

I now often find my self crouching while I think I'm walking and suddenly be without stamina when I wanna run.

Edit: typos

I recall devs saying that all movement speeds are boosted little bit until vehicles gets implemented in June.

^ as above, as vehicles are not in yet they have increased movement speeds to help us get around a little faster

I believe we had a walk / tac pace implemented earlier as well, by hitting ALT. Can't wait for the gameplay to change drastically. :D

yeah, it needs to be slowed down ^_^

Like above, movement speed is slowed down until vehicles. Vehicles are still under way. Coming shortly 

This will not become ARMA pace (first thing I think of when people complain about movement speed), but many things will be tweaked in the future when our animation system gets updated and more systems are in place. In the meantime, enjoy it for what it is, infantry only on 2-4k maps. Gotta go fast! :P

Thank god i wont be like arma,

But when youre scanning your surrounding on a hill top i wanna be able to walk slower with out losing stamina.

walking this way should increase stamina.

now you have to crouch and lose stamina. which is a disadvantage

movement in general should be slowed down!

for example, i absolutely understand that people like their mouse sensitivity rather high,

though, seing people doing 180° turns or 360° spins

lightning fast just makes the game look weird and arcadey.

there should be a limitation where you can't just swing around your rifle like it's made of styrofoam.

going prone and standing upright again takes a blink of a second, which is extremely wrong,

it makes people instantly dissappear when they hit prone.

it should take much longer to lie down/get up again, considering equipment weight etc.

run>slow down>fall to the knees, lay down should be the correct order,

you should also not be able to go prone directly in front of a wall/obstacle etc.

moving whilst in prone position also looks very strange, not excessively fast,

but aiming down sights and moving forward while in prone position seems rather impossible, or at least very hard to do in RL.

you should only be able to aim down sights when standing still.

jumping should be disabled completely, nobody would just stand there and jump vertically into the air.

dedicated animations/actions regarding climbing over walls/obstacles should be a beter solution, which is being implemented already iirc.

i really hope to see more fluid animations/transitions regarding movement implemented in the game!

I agree, another thing I'd like to add, when viewing through binoculars, DEVS please add a slowed down movement as right now you are able to free-look with binos and do crazy 360 deg with it. If there was a slowed-down free-look using binos then if you wanted to look in different direction you'd actually have to take binos off-the-sight and then zoom in again at the spot you want to view like in real life.

I also think jumping should be removed. soldiers dont jump with 30 kg on their body.

There should be a mantle for going over objects like low walls.  check out AAPG for this. they have it implemented.

when moving slow crouching or standing up should not cost stamina but gain stamina. i dont get tired from walking slower.

whats also funny is that going from stance to laying down takes half a second while reloading your weapon or switching takes ages.

how many times i have been in CQB and running out of m4/ak bullets and draw my pistol. it has to cock the pistol. no soldier go's into battle with a uncocked pistol in his holster.

you should be able to draw pistol in a blink of an eye

I want bandaging and reloading while on the move/crawling etc be either removed or drastically impeding your movement. In real life could you bandage yourself even while walking? It'd be pretty hard to reload as well.

It's also ridiculous to be in prone and able to use binoculars while moving at the same time !

Also the speed movement should be slowed-down when you're in prone and in iron-sights of your weapon. The speed while crawling + iron sights should be very minimal.

Also the speed movement should be slowed-down when you're in prone and in iron-sights of your weapon. The speed while crawling + iron sights should be very minimal.

aiming down sights should also be interrupted everytime the player moves, right now it looks like the player is floating above the ground, with snake like

moving abilities :D