H3lls7rik3r

voice avtivation for local channel

Hi everyone, 

I thought about the possibility to set a voice activation for the local channel. I don't like the fact you have to push a button to communicate with the person next to you. For the squad channel push-to-talk is fine. 

Further this also is a solution for the suggestion, that everyone around you should here what you are talking, no matter if you are talking in the squad channel or to someone next to you.

Just my thought :D

I don't think they will add this as it would clutter the channel, even though it is local. Voice activation is not very good at all, push to talk is a much better alternative. Voice activation will often cut off the first word and any sound really will activate it. 

The second suggestion has been suggested already. Search function for the topic on that I believe it is more in depth. Cheers. 

i asked the same some months ago, but now i must say that it is better not to have an voice activation.

there are to many annoying and dumb nuts out there

TS3 also uses voice activation without any problems, so I can't see a probleme there. And as I mentioned it sould be an option and everyone can choose if he wants to use it or not.

I know this is already a topic, that's the reason I mentioned it :)

TS3 also uses voice activation without any problems, so I can't see a probleme there. And as I mentioned it sould be an option and everyone can choose if he wants to use it or not.

I'm experiencing it a lot with Rainbox 6: Siege right now (yes, yes, I know, I got it for free, so the least I do is try it :P): Open mics are a horrible idea. Even if it can be turned off, a lot of people have them on and I hear really annoying things all the time.

Girlfriends/Wives that are calling on the phone, Moms that are telling the kids that dinner's ready, discussions on teamspeak that go on next to in-game voice.

Not really a fan of it since it will most likely end in a complete voice clusterfuck. Even if people are allowed to choose, I on the other end of the line can't choose if I want to hear the vacuuming or meowing cats.

Well I believe there is a discussion on it if you want to jump in there. 

every person who has had to listen to someone's baby crying in the background or dog barking or whining in the background disagrees with you...
push to talk only please

How will voice activation know when your talking to a squad?  team mate or another squad leader?

push to talk is the only practical solution

I'm experiencing it a lot with Rainbox 6: Siege right now (yes, yes, I know, I got it for free, so the least I do is try it :P): Open mics are a horrible idea. Even if it can be turned off, a lot of people have them on and I hear really annoying things all the time.

Girlfriends/Wives that are calling on the phone, Moms that are telling the kids that dinner's ready, discussions on teamspeak that go on next to in-game voice.

Not really a fan of it since it will most likely end in a complete voice clusterfuck. Even if people are allowed to choose, I on the other end of the line can't choose if I want to hear the vacuuming or meowing cats.

I see your point, but that's a problem in the community... normally I like to play with adults who know how to use a mute button  :P

I see your point, but that's a problem in the community... normally I like to play with adults who know how to use a mute button  :P

Do you have a special button that mutes only annoying people if so please share the key bind

Well I believe there is a discussion on it if you want to jump in there. 

I guess there'S not too much to discuss, as long you set up everything right, you won't be cut while talking... atleast for me it works like this  :rolleyes:

Do you have a special button that mutes only annoying people if so please share the key bind

haha, would be useful... I men't everyone you are playing with knows how and when he has to mute himself  :P

How will voice activation know when your talking to a squad?  team mate or another squad leader?

push to talk is the only practical solution

doesn't have to know...

no button pressed --> local

if you press something --> squad channel or whatever 

I think this would be an interesting idea for SquadLeague.

The local talk, which the admin cam was able to pick up, was really great.

doesn't have to know...

no button pressed --> local

if you press something --> squad channel or whatever 

but voice activation wont stop when you push a button !

try having voice activate on TS and talk with a button in game see how that gets confusing

I think this would be an interesting idea for SquadLeague.

The local talk, which the admin cam was able to pick up, was really great.

then you wouldn't hear a lot of sense because if EVERYTHING came through you would be looking at one squad nad hearing another squad speaking from another part of the map

enemy 120 suddenly becomes VERY confusing

the reason the squad league stuff floated your boat is because it was relevant to the action you were watching

at the same time the squad leaders are discussing tactics i wont hear enemy close 50mtrs due north !

but voice activation wont stop when you push a button !

try having voice activate on TS and talk with a button in game see how that gets confusing

1. you can set up things, that when you press a button for quad channel voice activation is disabled

2. the point is you don't have to use 3rd party programms

1. you can set up things, that when you press a button for quad channel voice activation is disabled

2. the point is you don't have to use 3rd party programms

Wasn't suggesting you do use a 3rd party I was just using it as an example

if I had my way i would ban TS mumble etc from the game ....and force in game chat......but i cant make that happen

but I am confused now i have squad talk bound to a side mouse button I have local on v not an issue for me as I know where each is

I play at home I have a budgie a dog a cat a busy road outside sirens motorbikes cars lorries knobheads with a disco in their boot a wife screaming kids TV music player next door neighbours washing machine spin dryer telephone you REALLY wanna hear all that ?

i dont most of the time, thats why I have headphones

then you wouldn't hear a lot of sense because if EVERYTHING came through you would be looking at one squad nad hearing another squad speaking from another part of the map

the reason the squad league stuff floated your boat is because it was relevant to the action you were watching

at the same time the squad leaders are discussing tactics i wont hear enemy close 50mtrs due north !

I meant: voice activation on propably would not be such a mess in a SquadLeague.

Wasn't suggesting you do use a 3rd party I was just using it as an example

if I had my way i would ban TS mumble etc from the game ....and force in game chat......but i cant make that happen

but I am confused now i have squad talk bound to a side mouse button I have local on v not an issue for me as I know where each is

I play at home I have a budgie a wife screaming kids TV music player next door heighbours wachine machine telephone you REALLY wanna hear all that ?

i dont most of the time, thats why I have headphones

ok, for you push-to-talk is perfect, but for people who are in a quiet room (like me) there could be the possibility to choose the alternative. Like in TS3 you also can choose between those options :)

No. Spam is already bad enough. I don't need to hear some mouth breather shovelling cheetos into there as well.

I would lose my patience very quickly having to hear constant microphone spam from a dozen people.

not what I meant... :huh:

Anyways, you got me thinking about an AdminCam feature for SquadLeague.

An example:

SquadLeague: US vs INS

The AdminCam1 is on US side.

The AdminCam1 can only hear US.

The AdminCam2 is on INS side.

The AdminCam2 can only hear INS.

proximity=e.g. invisible sphere around the camera (diameter=x [m])

AdminCams can hear outgoing local in proximity.

AdminCams can hear outgoing squad radio in proximity as they would hear local speech. (Like a camera would observe you talking into a mirophone.)

AdminCams can hear outgoing SL radio in proximity as they would hear local speech. (Like a camera would observe you talking into a mirophone.)

-> AdminCams cannot hear players talking in local, squad- & SL radio further away than x meters.

illustration :P

tqP3tqG.jpg

I'm always so disappointed by the fear people have over voice activated proximity chat. For one thing, if the person is being noisy over the mic, just walk away from them? Tell them to shut up? Mute them? Kick them? Ban them?

I would agree with not having voice activation on the squad radio, but proximity local chat? Come on. Communication is a huge part of this game, it should be very easy to deal with anyone making unwanted noise.

Its like any time anyone even mentions voice activation people just assume we'll be overrun by 12 year old kids screaming at their moms for the whole game. No, mostly you just have people who get way into the game and don't want to keep pressing a button to talk to the guy who is virtually represented as next to you, I don't press a button in real life, I don't want to do it ingame.

All that said, voice activation should always be off by default, but damnit make it an option! Please.