Sign in to follow this  
RollingInTheHurt

Steam Winter Sales are Here!!!

Yup, this is me right now. It has been an extremely good year for me and my companies.

So this is totally me right now:

PfkzGjA.gif

I just brought that Call to Arms game (among many others...) on your recommendation and it's actually pretty good for an alpha game.

It reminds me of a mix between Company Hero's and Command and Conquer Generals.

Call to arms is made by the same devs who made Men of War franchise, but this time they did it as indies, without a publisher.

It plays the same though. Have you played it? It's one of the best rts in my opinion. You can direct control your units in the middle of the battle, just hold control while have your tank selected and you can aim and shoot wherever you want. IF you want something done right, do it your self, sums up this game. MoW/CtA have a lot of micro management, like each soldier has it's own inventory with bullets and nades. 

Tanks are very realistic too, with complex armor and damage system. You need to know where to shoot with each weapon. For example, if you have a weak anti tank canon and there's a heavy tank incoming to your position, you can manualy aim at it's track and disable his movements while you get your self a stronger weapon to deal with it.

At the end of the day the game is very intense, because you need skills to be able to handle with so much micro management, intelligence to think about your tatic and wisdom to know about weapons, vehicles and how they behave.

Compare call to arms to CoH is almost the same as compare squad to CoD :)

yWktuIK.gif

I don't think I have ever seen a better image representing Steam.

On another note, Fallout New Vegas is only $2.50. I was thinking about jumping on that...

Call to arms is made by the same devs who made Men of War franchise, but this time they did it as indies, without a publisher.

It plays the same though. Have you played it? It's one of the best rts in my opinion. You can direct control your units in the middle of the battle, just hold control while have your tank selected and you can aim and shoot wherever you want. IF you want something done right, do it your self, sums up this game. MoW/CtA have a lot of micro management, like each soldier has it's own inventory with bullets and nades. 

Tanks are very realistic too, with complex armor and damage system. You need to know where to shoot with each weapon. For example, if you have a weak anti tank canon and there's a heavy tank incoming to your position, you can manualy aim at it's track and disable his movements while you get your self a stronger weapon to deal with it.

At the end of the day the game is very intense, because you need skills to be able to handle with so much micro management, intelligence to think about your tatic and wisdom to know about weapons, vehicles and how they behave.

Compare call to arms to CoH is almost the same as compare squad to CoD :)

Good to know. I hated CoH, it seemed very CoDish to use your description. I will def check it out. Been wanting a decent modern combat RTS in my library. Act of Aggression is weird...