Raklödder

Where are all the knives?

What, do you mean as melee weapons? I'd rather see bayonets added to weapons that can use them as most in-game firearms have some bayonet mounting capability. There should be very few classes that get just knives.

What, do you mean as melee weapons? I'd rather see bayonets added to weapons that can use them as most in-game firearms have some bayonet mounting capability. There should be very few classes that get just knives.

why do we need them?

If you have played Project Reality, you would know, it's for close encounters (stealth) or when having run out of ammo and for opening tin cans.

why do we need them?

Not that it is put into practice, but some countries still teach their soldiers bayonet charges.

More uncommon but more awesome are Gurkha stories. There's nothing wrong with adding in bayonets though is there?

Not that it is put into practice, but some countries still teach their soldiers bayonet charges.

More uncommon but more awesome are Gurkha stories. There's nothing wrong with adding in bayonets though is there?

bayonet i agree. knives might be for cutting something out in the battlefield...

I don't mind butting hostiles with my rifle or smacking them with my shovel if I catch them destroying our fortifications. Americans already have knives (KA-BARs?) modelled on their characters, would be cool to actually use them.

I've also been wondering if any melee weapons are planned. It would be nice to be able to take someone out quietly if you manage to sneak up behind them, rather than alert everyone else in the area with gunfire.

If steak is added in there can we have it the way I eat it? I cut the pieces then stab it with my knife and stick it in my mouth. Steak simulator 2016? 

There has been an amnesty

knives can be found in the bin outside the police station on the map :rolleyes:  

If they do bayonets they need to do them like RO1 not like PR that way you can hit a key and your guy will attach/detach bayonet and you can still shoot.. Silly in PR you cant shoot with bayonet on 

If they do bayonets they need to do them like RO1 not like PR that way you can hit a key and your guy will attach/detach bayonet and you can still shoot.. Silly in PR you cant shoot with bayonet on 

That is a limitation to the game engine. With the battlefield 2 engine you could equip one weapon at a time. The Devs want animations for the switching of your inventory, you will be seeing things like if you have a grenade launcher on the rifle you don't put the gun down and draw a new one with the grenade launcher activated. 

Please keep bayonets and knives out of the game. It is exceedingly rare in real life and not something worth modeling until years down the road. 

Tank commander kit should get a sword for when they are out of the hatch they can do a cavalry charge against infantry and cut them down. 

I imagine that their intention is to add melee eventually, but I also imagine that it's rather low on their list past getting vehicles and more logistics into the game. If I had to take a guess I'd say they're probably going to do it when they go about improving/re-doing the animations and such eventually.

That is a limitation to the game engine. With the battlefield 2 engine you could equip one weapon at a time. The Devs want animations for the switching of your inventory, you will be seeing things like if you have a grenade launcher on the rifle you don't put the gun down and draw a new one with the grenade launcher activated. 

Yeah I know, but the unreal engine this is capable of doing this they did it in RO1 on unreal 2.5 surely Unreal 4 is more than capable. I would totally fix my bayonet to my AKs =D