America

Touching back on this Topic Destructible Enviroment

Semi-Destructible Enviroment  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Semi-Destructible Enviroment

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe Later Down the Road

Seem to notice a semi-core component missing at the moment during game play. I'm not talking about battlefield system destruction, I would just like to see at least some branches or trees falling after repeated hits by explosives. 

P.S. Been gone for awhile and am now back for good!  :ph34r:

I think this is something that can be done later down the road as polish. 

Right now, i'd rather the Devs focus on core gameplay, filled content that is DESPERATELY needed (incl vehicles) then eventually go back and perhaps consider the performance costs for destructible environments (remember destruction is very costly) 

Touching back on this topic again too: The Devs want to achieve stable netcode/server perfomance with 100 players first, because destruction strains servers a lot. As soon as that is accomplished, the Devs may have a look at destruction. Besides, I would prefer a stable, non-lagging game without destruction over the opposite any day.

If they can achieve a stable 100 players server with good netcode and such.

If they add destruction, it will certainly attract more potential players. And it'll only make the game better! Destruction is fucking amazing.

If they can achieve a stable 100 players server with good netcode and such.

If they add destruction, it will certainly attract more potential players. And it'll only make the game better! Destruction is fucking amazing.

I know low walls you can't jump over (oh climbing animations eh?) is infuriating. As well as the FOB's on flags that lock down for a good 20 respawns until you can finally overwhelm are irritating. Be much nicer to just blow a hole in the wall and shoot through it then the death corridors the defenders have set up. 

Blowing up doors and destroying fences should be maximum IMO.

Destroying walls, building, antennas... where do you draw the border?

I doubt such mechanic can be implemented in this game and not feel inconsistent.

Blowing up doors and destroying fences should be maximum IMO.

Destroying walls, building, antennas... where do you draw the border?

I doubt such mechanic can be implemented in this game and not feel inconsistent.

Err frankly, there is no border. When Squad will reach the current PR level of assets, things like Area Strike should level half Sumari and Chora, never mind blowing those cabins on Fool's Road. The problem is clear, destructible structures, should be done OKish of shouldn't be done at all. How many times have you been pissed to fire 125mm  HEX salami on a shack, in PR and the dudes hiding behind it laughing their asses off. Or RPG's fired on a brick wall and zero damage on it?

BF3/4 over did it, but some destruction should be implemented.

More players > destruction. I find limited destruction very lackluster and, while it may open up avenues for attack or defense, it pales in importance to have more players or stable servers.

You could completely flatten an area and ruin the gameplay. All of the maps would have to be redesigned around this feature. Many of the weapons and other gameplay elements would be as well. Insurgency mode would be pointless since you could just blow up the building, (think of some M-Comm stations in BF:BC). We know that FOB constructions will be destructible which is fine. I think the level of destruction that people want just wouldn't work well in a game like Squad, plus all the extra resources that would have to be spent on the system.

Many people have idea of "environment destruction" like at BF 3/4 series. But tis super fast and very ugly done. Everything destroyable is leveled to ground after while but this is just for effect, for attract players eyes but bullshit. 

I hope that if devs make some kind of destructions that they will made it decent and much closer to reality than in other games. 

It would need to be more tasty with the environment.  If anything, the destruction on bad company 2 is the best destruction I have seen in any game to date. It served a purpose, changes the landscape to suit a different play style. Usually it was not until very late game everything was destroyed in some of the games because having a building intact was often a great strategy so they were contested and gradually destroyed, at least on the PC. Battlefield 3 and 4 just have destruction to serve a hollywood action movie feel to the game, it doesn't actually serve a significant purpose and most of the cool looking stuff is scripted so it isn't even real. 

I would be down with some walls and buildings being able to be destroyed. Fully destructible takes a long time because you need the animations and death model of the buildings. But the simpler small walls could help with opening different ways into compounds as to give more ways of conquering your enemy. 

You could completely flatten an area and ruin the gameplay. All of the maps would have to be redesigned around this feature. Many of the weapons and other gameplay elements would be as well. Insurgency mode would be pointless since you could just blow up the building, (think of some M-Comm stations in BF:BC). We know that FOB constructions will be destructible which is fine. I think the level of destruction that people want just wouldn't work well in a game like Squad, plus all the extra resources that would have to be spent on the system.

Waging an insurgency agianst Russia or China does that to many people. And even aginst the US getting a JDAM on you nice compound to ease progress of the troops isn't unheard off. Plowing through doors  is unnecessary since they're all open. Whoever has played AA:O knows what fun can be had by having real doors on door frames. But clearly HEXing mud walls should be done, how many times you're funneled to death traps because the guys in the Cap/FOB are waiting for you. Slight OT: Also there's a little problem with the way the game is thought. IRL usually insurgents tend to not overdo the external signs of safehouse (hiding in plain sight yo). In Squad you can pick up where the FOB is from the other side of darn map, because of SOME of the SL's out there.

This plays in the had of the conventional forces (US/Russia).