Sgt_Dogface

Open Squad Without Steam

Is there a way to open Squad without using steam ? Stream causes issues with my system somehow causing me to not be able to minimize squad, my system not responding to commands, resource issues & just general bugginess when Steam is running. Don't know exactly why but I've always had this issue. I know steam is now the standard way to acquire Squad but does it always have to be running in the background when we play ? Can Squad be started without opening Steam ?

I believe steam is a type of DRM so it needs to be running to launch the game,
Even if you could launch it via an .exe steam would still probably launch in the back ground :S

I already asked something like this.  Steam is integral to Squad.  Answer was something like: There are services that Steam provides which make it easier to develop and more stable for various machines.  I assume Steam offers a lot of other things not mentioned.

[edit]

Server Solutions

Faster/Easier Updates

etc

(and I believe more features/integration to come)

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/6704-steam-offline-mode/

I'll take the good with the bad that Steam delivers anyday.

The only downside of Steam is, if steam goes down you can't play your favorite online games. Although, I honestly can't recall the last time it happened.

The upside is, huge exposure for SQUAD and how easy it is for people to buy the game!

We all know about the late night impulse game shopping on Steam...we've all done it! :)

yes but seems abit old fashioned to me to shut down and kick you off a game;  I would have thought a rich corporation like valve might have found a way round that. 

There's a properties setting to disable the steam overlay in game, which does cut down a bit of overhead...