Sign in to follow this  
masterlooser

Sound "cutting off" issue, lets talk about it, shall we?

hey guys :)

so i bought the game about 1.5h ago.

my buddy bought the game and since we both like "realistic" battles, he went first in and bought it, to then pull me into the boat aswell.

now, i am sitting on a full amd/ati rig here, which means i have a AMD cpu and a ati gpu.

i saw alot of ppl whining about FPS and stuff, after reading the forums, i could manage to get steady FPS around 60-70, which is more than acceptable, since other ppl cried about 10-30fps :D

so after we finally got into a server, we started running out and shooting ppl, obviously.

we had great comm in our squad, stuff seemed to be coordinated etc etc.

till the point, where we got crossfire-supressed by a bunch of enemys XD

i got hit once, when all out of the sudden the sound "cut off".

the reason why i am putting quotes around that is because its actually not cutting off, if u keep an eye on stuff like OBS or just your volume-mixer, you are going to see that the game actually goes on full blast, i am guessing my headset-speakers are going all the way to their max travel way (u know what i mean, if u know what speakers do if u "full blast" them :D

therefore u cant hear any sound anymore.

now, obviously, i did research before actually creating this acc/posting here.

i have tried to change the maxchannels to all kind of numbers (32, 64, 128, etc).

it always came back to the cutting off sound.

it always happens if someone speaks through VOIP, or if i get shoot/die.

ppl suggested to set your speakers to stereo instead of 7.1

http://prntscr.com/9gtfot

cant do that :D

tried muting the voip and changing the filter to on/off, both failed aswell.

has anyone successfully managed to fix that bug for himself?

aslong as noone comes up with a good idea, i cant play the game, i am risking to get past the 2hours playtime for the refund.

i wouldnt mind playing with 30fps, but sound cutting off is just aids and a no-go for me.

Regards,

MasterLooser.

Give the devs some time brother you bought a early access game with 2 years of development left. The devs are the most active devs I have ever seen so I trust in them to fix any audio issues or any matter they can control at that. 

Intel / nvidia / high end soundcard rig here, also getting sound clipping and missing sounds.

For me its the effects missing/clipping here and there. There is a number of sounds issues atm, also some weapons get a whole different sound characteristic when in game volume is changed, noticed is with RPK and some AK's, they sound weird muffled when sound volume is change.

It's a known issues, im sure it will got sorted.

i got a temp fix for usb headphone users :)

i searched my old in-ear headphone which i used to use for my mp3-player xD

plugged them in and now playing with this crap -.-

better than no sound for sure, still need a fix tho

what is your AudioQualityLevel= set to in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

try setting it to 0 but you might have to set the file to read only

Idk worth a try if you can't play cause of the 7.1 bug

goodluck

Guessing you saw the other thread about this issue, yep still suffering with it. This is something only the devs can fix.

what is your AudioQualityLevel= set to in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini

try setting it to 0 but you might have to set the file to read only

Idk worth a try if you can't play cause of the 7.1 bug

goodluck

was on 0 already :(

weird things,

i launched the game up earlier, to give one tweak a try (fps/stuttering wise)

noticed a great performance increase, not that it matters tho.

the point is, i didnt change to my inear headphones, but just launched with the usb-7.1 headset (aka logitech g35).

for whatever reason, it worked without problems, invited my buddy to the server and played for 1-2hours straight...

now, evening, i tested some other stuff, again with the 7.1 headset, and boom i get the cutting off again xD

no idea what is causing it.

might be the point, i played about 10min on the server, without problems, had to leave the squad because i couldnt understand what these guys were saying (different language), jumped into an "ENG MIC ONLY" squad, said "sup guys" and as soon as they talked, my sound cut off xD

what i am trying to say is, it might be related to switching "channels" (squads).

who knows ;D

i dont even know wtf that should mean.

do u think i have set it to linux default? XD

Try it,, nothing hurts to try and go to volume bottom right and right click and click play back, and check to see if windows high definition audio device is default. 

Try it,, nothing hurts to try and go to volume bottom right and right click and click play back, and check to see if windows high definition audio device is default. 

if i put that on default, i wont hear anything on my logitech headphones xD

obviously my logitech headphone is set as default

if i put that on default, i wont hear anything on my logitech headphones xD

obviously my logitech headphone is set as default

Ok well it work for some people, its a glitch and they are working on it.

Hi all,

I have the same issue - Game sound within the menu and firing range fine. When I jump into a server as soon as someone in the squad uses the radio my entire game sound disappears until they have finished, it then comes back only when the radio is not being used. It's pretty game breaking for me, the only way of stopping it is by not joining a squad so that noone uses the radio :(

Cheers

Shaun

I thought more maxchannels means less of the sound cutting out, because the more you have the more audio files it can load at once, limiting that by lowering it = sound cutout. I experienced this in Squad and Arma 3 (JSRS soundmod), the fix was to max the sound channels in game settings. As far as Squad goes, It rarely happens, when it does it last for a few seconds, mostly during heavy firefights in one area.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? 

When I start my game I do not get any audio at all. 

After several hours of troubleshooting all of my stuff I turned to here. 

I have a GTX 980 Ti - 32 GB Ram - i7 4770K

Sound works for every single other game but SQUAD.

Hi, I'm having the same problem, Sound cuts out completely when ever someone uses voip. any fixes?

Hi, I'm having the same problem, Sound cuts out completely when ever someone uses voip. any fixes?

One of the fixes stated by some people is turning the 7.1 to stereo (as the OP wrote, too). You haven't stated if you have tried that.

​Also, you could try setting the audio-channels to 64 in the DefaultEngine.ini under the game path.

So since i ran into the same problem recently and came across this thread as i was trying to fix it, i decided to post my fix here. I played around with my new headset and changed the default format, which can be found at the playback device properties under the advanced tab, to 32000 Hz (Radio Quality). This caused my gamesound to cut off when i pressed the join button after i connected to a multiplayer server. Changing the default format to 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) fixed it for me.