Sign in to follow this  
syntheticcoyote

Server License?

So how do you guys plan to do the multiplayer aspect of this. I might have missed it somewhere, but was curious as to the direction. As a community leader I feel almost betrayed by the games that make you "Pay" to get a server (BF4, DayZ, etc) Will their be server files etc kind of like what they have in PR? Will you have to apply for a license like in PR currently? If so, will you guys have the means to control servers etc and deal with problem communities and players?

I can't comment in great detail but I was involved in initial discussions on this. 

Our intent is to release a free demo in parallel with the kick starter. That demo will include a server side implementation and we won't exercise any server control at all. 

I believe the intent into Open alpha is to use limited servers selected by ourselves and testers.. 

Final release will have an open server version with no cost attached. Servers will need to be registered but we aren't planning to apply any other controls afaik. 

pretty vague but that's last we discussed. 

We welcome guys like you being part of shaping the final outcome for community servers. please keep in touch. 

i hope the server liscensing is a thing just like in PR could keep the game close to the way PR players are familiar with. I'd rather have a small close knit community rather then something like Rust or Insurgency