ninetenduh

Some ideas

I didn't take all the time to read through every Thread, so if those already exist Link them and close this.

During a few rounds of Squad, I realized that the Customization of weapons and the amount of Weapons is kinda small. 

currently, a number of weapons are far from Optimal but it does not really matter in terms of playability, yet I would suggest Bringing in more Present time Guns into the game like the G36 Variants, L85 Variants, Famas and Long Range Bolt sniper.

I realized pretty Early that there is no way to actually Customize the weapons, most weapon can be outfitted with Scopes and other attachments, the game is not supposed to become a BF or CoD with Weapon attachments, but we have to face that it is supposed to show realism, as a former soldier I felt so pumped when I got Squads that were working together like I knew it from the army. It is not impossible to play with iron sights but attachments would give it an Boost. 

An interesting Mode would be a 25vs25vs25vs25 Match with 4 Teams facing each other, We got the map size to support this so why not doing this.

something else is a Persistent mode as known from the ACE mode, pretty much PvE, One base on a Huuuuuuuuge Map with random Mission objectives placed around the map to unlock more Equipment such as tanks, planes, Helicopters and-and-and. 

Well L85's are coming when the Brits are added (they are a confirmed faction), as for the others if Squad adds factions as PR did those guns will be added in to the game as the factions that use them are added i.e. German army and the French.

Long rifles are also on the table when and if the sniper role is added (again taking this from PR so no promises) but Squad's roles do follow PR's very closely. Hope that helps.

I don't think anyone's suggesting we have as many ridiculous variants, attachments & skins as cod or anything but we at least need a few different weapons to keep things interesting & dare I speak the "F" word...fun. Seems like every time I join a squad someone already has the only couple "good" weapons & so once again I'm stuck with a rusty, bone stock, iron sight AK. Seriously it's so frustrating I usually just end up playing PR instead. I'm sure the dev's still have a lot up their sleeves. Waiting anxiously.

Hello, Im a veteran and a longtime gamer, and shoot, A LOT, with my two AR 15 style weapons... You have the "Night sight" peep aperature (larger hole) up on the m4, not the daylight shooting aperature (smaller hole), can you please fix this? That is the rear sight shooting "hole" you aim the front sight post through... it makes a MAJOR difference when trying to engage target at any real distance... please? Not all of us need an ACOG to shoot that far... :)

I don't think anyone's suggesting we have as many ridiculous variants, attachments & skins as cod or anything but we at least need a few different weapons to keep things interesting & dare I speak the "F" word...fun. Seems like every time I join a squad someone already has the only couple "good" weapons & so once again I'm stuck with a rusty, bone stock, iron sight AK. Seriously it's so frustrating I usually just end up playing PR instead. I'm sure the dev's still have a lot up their sleeves. Waiting anxiously.

Yes i am not saying we need 5 Scopes 7 grips and 15 Million other attachments on each weapon at the same time but some Attachments which are common in today's armies would be nice to see. 

Depends on the faction.

US Side is fine:

2 grenadier

2 acog

2 medic

2 ar

SL.

The 'ak' factions do seem to lack optics to counter the acog, but for close in work I don't mind the ak iron sights.

Still I would want fixed options instead of swapping attachments so your rpk/saw guy isnt in the hills trying to snipe someone with a scope. Could be OK if done tastefully and intelligently though.

The problem is everyone's idea of exactly how the different factions should be armed is different. You're always gonna have the guys who want the more arcadey or fun but less realistic weapons & the hardcore reality guys who only want what is used in real life. Games where 90% of the team has either a sniper rifle or some sort of rocket launcher are garbage & unplayable...imho but games that focus too much on the realism aspect & only allow something like 1 sniper per team & the other 90% of the team is relegated to standard rifleman kits is too harsh as well & I for one wont purchase titles that are too 'run & gun' focused or infantry only. I think PR had it just about right, a good variation of weapon classes to keep gameplay interesting & fun without becoming too unrealistic. I think the devs are aiming for some sort of happy medium in this respect but we'll just have to wait & see. Fingers crossed...

Depends on the faction.

US Side is fine:

2 grenadier

2 acog

2 medic

2 ar

SL.

The 'ak' factions do seem to lack optics to counter the acog, but for close in work I don't mind the ak iron sights.

Still I would want fixed options instead of swapping attachments so your rpk/saw guy isnt in the hills trying to snipe someone with a scope. Could be OK if done tastefully and intelligently though.

It's also pretty realistic with AKM rifles.

Mounting optics on them are abit unreliable, as well as having less range compared to the M16 family.

AK74s do have comparable range however.

currently, a number of weapons are far from Optimal but it does not really matter in terms of playability, yet I would suggest Bringing in more Present time Guns into the game like the G36 Variants, L85 Variants, Famas and Long Range Bolt sniper.

I realized pretty Early that there is no way to actually Customize the weapons, most weapon can be outfitted with Scopes and other attachments, the game is not supposed to become a BF or CoD with Weapon attachments, but we have to face that it is supposed to show realism, as a former soldier I felt so pumped when I got Squads that were working together like I knew it from the army. It is not impossible to play with iron sights but attachments would give it an Boost. 

I can't tell if you're joking about the other weapons. In the future I'd have no problem with that, but not until the factions are in the video game. As for now? The only thing on that list that would be worth adding would be a precision bolt rifle, and definitely not before an SPR/DMR is added to the game.

As for using irons, you do understand that's your choice, right? If you don't want the irons, you can always use the M68 CCO for the Americans. The other factions only have irons for a good reason: that's all they've got in reality.

Hello, Im a veteran and a longtime gamer, and shoot, A LOT, with my two AR 15 style weapons... You have the "Night sight" peep aperature (larger hole) up on the m4, not the daylight shooting aperature (smaller hole), can you please fix this? That is the rear sight shooting "hole" you aim the front sight post through... it makes a MAJOR difference when trying to engage target at any real distance... please? Not all of us need an ACOG to shoot that far... :)

I agree with this, being able to switch between the short range and long range aperture would be very nice.

It's also pretty realistic with AKM rifles.

Mounting optics on them are abit unreliable, as well as having less range compared to the M16 family.

AK74s do have comparable range however.

It's pretty realistic with AKM rifles? What do you mean by that? AKMs have optics mounting rails and a wide array of optics that can and are often used on them. However, Insurgents don't have access to these optics. On the flip side, the Militia (which is a semi-good representation of Chechens as well as DNR/LNR thugs) have pretty good access to optics. I'd say that they should have access to PSOs.

Mounting optics on AKs is unreliable? How? Have you ever mounted an optic to an AK? It's petty damn quick as most AK optics are mounted with a throw lever and a tightening bolt. They hold zero pretty well and, while they may not have the reach of an M16, they can reach out just as far and just as accurately as an M4. 

PSO's are a work in progress, they will be added to The Russians and I'm sure in some form to the militia in time. As for the AK's on the insurgents, the idea is asymmetrical warfare...if you're trying to go the Acogs in a distance match you need to rethink your strategy, dictate the fight in close quarters.

I can't tell if you're joking about the other weapons. In the future I'd have no problem with that, but not until the factions are in the video game. As for now? The only thing on that list that would be worth adding would be a precision bolt rifle, and definitely not before an SPR/DMR is added to the game.

As for using irons, you do understand that's your choice, right? If you don't want the irons, you can always use the M68 CCO for the Americans. The other factions only have irons for a good reason: that's all they've got in reality.

I agree with this, being able to switch between the short range and long range aperture would be very nice.

It's pretty realistic with AKM rifles? What do you mean by that? AKMs have optics mounting rails and a wide array of optics that can and are often used on them. However, Insurgents don't have access to these optics. On the flip side, the Militia (which is a semi-good representation of Chechens as well as DNR/LNR thugs) have pretty good access to optics. I'd say that they should have access to PSOs.

Mounting optics on AKs is unreliable? How? Have you ever mounted an optic to an AK? It's petty damn quick as most AK optics are mounted with a throw lever and a tightening bolt. They hold zero pretty well and, while they may not have the reach of an M16, they can reach out just as far and just as accurately as an M4. 

Russia has optics bro.. (I know they are being worked on) Also I have totally watched footage of dudes fighting in Ukraine with PSOs on their AKs I do think the Militia need 1 AK-74 with a PSO per squad just to counter acogs

You are really going to have to do more to convince me.

PSOs sure, Kobras sure, any more?  Accuracy?

But don't tell me that the ballistics of 7.62x39 is flatter than 5.56 NATO.

Red Jacket Arms can try all it might, but it won't happen with that round.

If we want optics for the Insurgents, won't we need to model the N-variants? I hear that only the N (night sight) AKs have a sidemount base for optics apart from the AK-100 series.

Personally, I like how it looks right now as it promotes assymetric warfare. You want him dead, better hide and wait for him to come close.

I like having predetermined loadouts for everyone, with at most limited choices among kits. If you are a medic on the US Army, you have a foregrip for player recognition, but you won't need that CCO cos your job isn't that much of combat, but supporting your teammates in combat.

As far as new weapons go, you'll need to wait for their respective factions to come in. We sure as hell don't want QBBs in US hands.

Bolt action rifles are planned for the insurgents (I hear we may be getting an SMLE, or a M1891/30, or both), but we don't need them for the US team just yet. The other factions have a designated marksman rifle, and until the US has M110s, we don't need them M2010s.

Do marksmen in the US Army even use bolt action rifles?

bf4 gave us lots (too many) of weapons etc and a few maps. it doesnt take long to get bored of a map. changing guns made no difference to the drift from fun to boring. 

Keep it simple and role focused, this makes balancing much easier. 

I would be happy with less choice of guns and more maps. 

Please focus man hours on keeping the gameplay fresh, a different gun skin wont add to this. Mappers ftw!

If weapons have to be added i would prefer to see them delivered in packages by heli or in a vehicle. Or as found caches. I still want to be able to pick up dropped kits.

bf4 gave us lots (too many) of weapons etc and a few maps. it doesnt take long to get bored of a map. changing guns made no difference to the drift from fun to boring. 

Keep it simple and role focused, this makes balancing much easier. 

I would be happy with less choice of guns and more maps. 

Please focus man hours on keeping the gameplay fresh, a different gun skin wont add to this. Mappers ftw!

If weapons have to be added i would prefer to see them delivered in packages by heli or in a vehicle. Or as found caches. I still want to be able to pick up dropped kits.

Agreed, new maps are the best thing to keep a game fun & players interested but I'm not sure why we would have to have less choice of guns in order to have new maps. Why cant we have both ?

Don`t complain of your weapon customization as the other famous games can not also provide a desired level of weapon customization.. They specially made it for the purpose of keeping roles focusing, really...And really, the L85's are coming when the Brits are coming.