Unless somebody else already mentioned it: Mythbusters did a thing on Dodging a Snipers Bullet. They found virually no muzzle flash in ammo used by "snipers" - coz stealth. They had to use "Prop" ammo, used in film/tv, to actually get any real visible flash - their "cue" to dodge the incomming bullet.

This game is about close / midrange combat. 

anyone that cant tell friend from foe needs more time on the fields or more trigger discipline.. its that simple welcome to the shit.

Muzzle flashes or not, what about kicking up dust? There is an incredible power behind a gun shot that i honestly have never seen done in a game correctly, muzzle flashes are not noticeable really on long ranges, dust is though as the soldier in this video can identify his enemy by dust kicking up: 

(anyone know why he taped up his ACOG light tube btw?)

NO on daylight you see no muzzle flash from rifles !!! only with a cam or a maked video ! you will not see it in real life on daylight. only in the evening you will see more and more with the darkness !

Muzzle flashes or not, what about kicking up dust? There is an incredible power behind a gun shot that i honestly have never seen done in a game correctly, muzzle flashes are not noticeable really on long ranges, dust is though as the soldier in this video can identify his enemy by dust kicking up: 

(anyone know why he taped up his ACOG light tube btw?)

Its taped to prevent over saturation caused by light coming in which makes the triangle reticle in the ACOG harder to see. A lot of guys do it, and many others don't. I personally never saw the need.

This game is about close / midrange combat. 

yeah, i know.

i guess i meant it as a generalisation in regards to maybe some ammo types having an influence? (ammo types designed to not give away your position so easily)

JO would only show up flashes in dim light or night time. the MP5silenced only showed flashes when you were pretty much in front of the barrel.

Its taped to prevent over saturation caused by light coming in which makes the triangle reticle in the ACOG harder to see. A lot of guys do it, and many other don't. I personally never saw the need.

This is the exactly right answer, I never saw a reason for it either.  Mine worked great, but to be honest I'm pretty sure my tube was broken in half..

You'd propably have a better chance of seeing the dust most guns kick up, than the actual flash. I hope this will be added in the future, so that when you're lying down (especially on a desert map), you will have a significant amount of dust kick up, that can reveal your position.

Its taped to prevent over saturation caused by light coming in which makes the triangle reticle in the ACOG harder to see. A lot of guys do it, and many other don't. I personally never saw the need.

IronComatose, I've seen many of these videos posted by actual soldiers with go pros.  Are these guys Army, Marines, special forces?  I always thought acogs and stuff were for higher end units, or maybe I just have a general misconception about how it all works.  Just curious.

IronComatose, I've seen many of these videos posted by actual soldiers with go pros.  Are these guys Army, Marines, special forces?  I always thought acogs and stuff were for higher end units, or maybe I just have a general misconception about how it all works.  Just curious.

No, everyone gets an ACOG. It has been that way for quite some time. And our SAWs/IARs get SDOs and our M240s have MDOs.

Optics, optics everywhere!

That's a bit of a contradiction there pal, add muzzle flash to make it realistic but please add more floating names above peoples heads to make it easier? Just saying.

I don't think so. If your going to show names above heads at all, then make it consistent or take it out entirely. Too many situations where its rendering for some people and not for others, or at least have a training screen that shows the various team uniforms for FOF at load in. T vs conventional is easy but US vs RUS gets dicey.

As far as muzzle flash currently the ak's have none. If m4's and snipers really don't have flash then they don't need, them. I just find many "one way" situations where someone in cover can shoot me, misses, i look where the sound is coming from 100% accurately and still cant get any fix or see any whizzing bullets. It could just be a rendering issue on the settings i'm currently running, but is very frustrating and makes me not want to play this game.

On 1/24/2016 at 9:33 PM, Going in deep said:

I just find many "one way" situations where someone in cover can shoot me, misses, i look where the sound is coming from 100% accurately and still cant get any fix or see any whizzing bullets. 

Bump.

This is still an issues almost 3 years later. Good revamp on vehicles and base building but the modeling for concealed shooters is too nerve wracking. Passive cover works great until you fire, then your a sitting duck because the object of your bullet flying out draws a line to your position, muzzle flash or not. There is a shock wave, dust kick, the rifle jolts creating movement. If someone shoots me super long range with a sniper that's one thing but I'm having serious shot placement issues at medium range on very high graphics.

Please fix.