Hi, overall is a great game but to get more inmersion for me it's essential for the weapons to have the muzzle flash specially when you are playing on night maps for me it loses realism. Thanks for your support guys.

I know what you mean, maybe look out for smoke and such coming from a potential firing position rather than muzzle flash. If it's realism you're looking for most modern rifles have flash eliminators fitted to the barrel, and reduces it significantly.

At night it would still probably be visible though so yeah I agree it should be in there.

Hi, overall is a great game but to get more inmersion for me it's essential for the weapons to have the muzzle flash specially when you are playing in night maps for me it loses realism. Thanks for your support guys.

In real life there is not really any flash, its just in the movies. When firing blanks it has one yes but, we aren't in game so we don't need to edit it.

I know what you mean, maybe look out for smoke and such coming from a potential firing position rather than muzzle flash. If it's realism you're looking for most modern rifles have flash eliminators fitted to the barrel, and reduces it significantly.

At night it would still probably be visible though so yeah I agree it should be in there.

Again about real life, there isn't really smoke that comes from live rounds, again blanks do a little (its so tiny only the firer would notice)

The night part, i would agree with slightly but it would have to be a tiny, dull and quick light not a huge, bright one like in the movies.

Small flashes, quite a bit of smoke. The levels of smoke are pretty high, but I'm more inclined to say it's because of the cold weather. Not every weapon is the same of course, but I wouldn't dismiss it.

https://youtu.be/6CcfEWDI644?t=13m37s

The AK-74's should have flash since they use muzzle brakes and not flash hiders, and the AKS-74u's should basically be shooting fireballs.  The M4's should have little to no flash since they have flash hiders.

The tracers and smoke effects are good enough imo. We don't need any Hollywood loads(what the movies use to get 4' flames out of the end of a .22).

My m70 (thats an AKM for you non-firearm culture people) used to dump fireballs at night... (when i had a slant brake on it, duh)

but with factory ammo and a full length barrel that is dry as hilary clint0ns va-JJ, there should be no real noticeable flash or smoke unless it was blackout conditions (no moon night)

firing from the prone and kicking up dust is however, expected.

Although, maybe our squad characters handload and slip a little magnesium into the load for super muzzle flash!

In real life there is not really any flash, its just in the movies. When firing blanks it has one yes but, we aren't in game so we don't need to edit it.

Again about real life, there isn't really smoke that comes from live rounds, again blanks do a little (its so tiny only the firer would notice)

The night part, i would agree with slightly but it would have to be a tiny, dull and quick light not a huge, bright one like in the movies.

+1 this.  Depends a lot on type and caliber, and many modern weapons have flash suppressors these days too.

i have some real weapons too and depends on the  weapon and the ammo loaded, but still im not saying that it should be implemented like a hollywood movie but something in between for not breaking the head if the developers. I always enjoy night firefight with tracers and muzzle flash.

Small flashes, quite a bit of smoke. The levels of smoke are pretty high, but I'm more inclined to say it's because of the cold weather. Not every weapon is the same of course, but I wouldn't dismiss it.

https://youtu.be/6CcfEWDI644?t=13m37s

I don't think that's smoke. It appears to be a pretty cold day judging by their breath. What you're seeing is the weapon cooling down in the cold air.

I'm with you. There is little ability to be able to tell where the firing is coming from sometimes. 

Real life and in this type of landscape, you would rarely actually see who is engaging you.  Now when the shots come by you, you have a 6th sense and can usually guess the direction.  Other than that its a lot of, shoot over there.....now shoot over there.  I think it is fine how it is.

Com'on, please give me some dust kicking effect. This is quite common at crouch and prone stance. Go see some helmet cam firefight video in Afghan and you will know why.

Muzzle flashes depend heavily on the weapon. For example, an M16 will have next to none because of the long barrel and flash hider, but an AKS-74U spits out a ridiculous fireball:
https://youtu.be/W7FSTZG6rl4?t=30s

Also, note that recording with a camera isn't the same as it looks to the naked eye. Muzzle flashes are very short (as in time span), so if the timing is off, then a low-FPS camera often won't record them consistently.

I get muzzle flashes in real life with a some guns. When i take my Tokarev shooting it always has nice muzzle flashes, Not my Makarov though idk what determines it type of ammo?

I would break this down to the following:

Problem: It is currently hard to find the position of a person firing. The current system is good and the audio samples sound very nice. I think attacker location needs a bit more to aid gameplay as gameplay is the most important thing for a game.

Solution: A noticeable boost in audio level when you are facing the source and a further increase when looking directly at the source. Decrease the level smoothly as the players facing alters.

ie level in both ears is louder than when looking directly at the source than when heard mainly with one ear. 

Example: I am within 10m of an enemy who is firing on other players. I can tell it is close due to the volume but cannot see the enemy due to terrain and foliage. I turn toward the source and the gunshot audio level increases in both ears. I scan the area in that direction by moving my mouse. The firing noise is noticeably louder in a very specific section of this scan so I can quickly focus and move to engage.

Extras for bonus points: Echos make it much harder to locate a sound, buildings and valleys create echoes, foliage and soft things soak them up. Make it awesome.

A muzzle flash may not always be the correct way to make this obvious to a player but this is the common way to do it in game. This doesn't make it the best way but it does help gameplay.

The advantage to the person firing depends on the amount of cover/foliage. It is nice to be the attacker, just a bit frustrating when you are searching for someone you can hear but not see. I'd be happy if some guns had muzzle flash and it would add to night matches, perhaps more general area flash rather then a burst of flame.

The person searching for that firing position would be able to locate them more accurately in real life in most cases due to audio clues. Ears + brain are amazing at locating direction. I think this is the best way to do it and I certainly use a scanning method using both ears to locate people now, it could be improved though. Even at short range it is not easy to find a person firing with the current audio system. Latest Alpha release as at 20th Dec 2015.

Yes the muzzle flash should be realistically modeled but should still exist. A small amount of smoke should be expected as well.

0 smoke and 0 muzzle flash is not realistic.

Also please work on your FOF (friend or foe) its too hard to tell if someone is friendly or not and often times friendly chars do not show a blue name causing confusion and teamkilling.

Yes the muzzle flash should be realistically modeled but should still exist. A small amount of smoke should be expected as well.

0 smoke and 0 muzzle flash is not realistic.

Also please work on your FOF (friend or foe) its too hard to tell if someone is friendly or not and often times friendly chars do not show a blue name causing confusion and teamkilling.

That's a bit of a contradiction there pal, add muzzle flash to make it realistic but please add more floating names above peoples heads to make it easier? Just saying.

In most situations there would be minimal smoke when firing an M4, a simple youtube troll should reveal that. Smoke when firing in the prone? Yeah sure that would be nice.

In most situations there would be minimal muzzle flash when firing an M4, a simple youtube troll should reveal that. Appropriate flash when firing in low light/night? Yeah sure that would be nice.

Kinda just comes down to what is doable and/or worth doing. Simple fact of the matter is what they have it now is not unrealistic or gamey in most situations currently in game.

We have a ton of dust coming from your shoes while running so...

Having bit of smoke / flash / dust will bring more tactics and self-preservation into the game imho. People will stop shooting full auto and screaming religion shit because they`ll be spotted immediately.

Unless somebody else already mentioned it: Mythbusters did a thing on Dodging a Snipers Bullet. They found virually no muzzle flash in ammo used by "snipers" - coz stealth. They had to use "Prop" ammo, used in film/tv, to actually get any real visible flash - their "cue" to dodge the incomming bullet.