AFsoccer

Kohat Feedback - Bugs and Issues (no theories, ideas or opinions)

29 posts in this topic

Please post screen shot and description with location. 

This is not a discussion thread. 

Thanks!

I have an issue that has been happening on all the maps;

If I am leaning whilst aiming and get shot down, when a medic revives me I will be stuck on whichever side lean I was on until I die again.

Okay there is one problem with this map (talking about capturezone gamemode I think). The north side must be extended. Once the Militia/Insurgents take over the mountain at around E4 and put an FOB down it will be very hard to get to the next objective. If the north side is extended, flanking is made much easier.

HcUXCUCm.jpg

Flags remain white (despite having been captured) which is rather confusing.

I've experienced the same thing on Fools Road and night layers.

This happened during an Insurgency round in the wee hours of the morning today.  A couple of us tried spawning on the cache and were promptly glitched into the wall.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605870119

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605870147

We also had floating bullets in the middle of the air at the same spot on the map........

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605870132

p8czihdm.jpg

I get some really horrible fps on Kohat Toi River Valley in Alpha v4.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's due to lacking LOD optimization.

No a problem with Kohat itself but I get this happening even with epic settings.

Squad_Kohat_Rock_1.jpg
Squad_Kohat_Rock_2.jpg
Squad_Kohat_Rock_3.jpg

An enemy could be behind the rock and I would see him fine.

almost, but mine are small rocks just 25 to 50 meters in view.

normal look a few rocks

as soon as I scope in a million rocks. as I zoom out the disappear again. really annoying

Small rocks aren't really a problem it's these big ones. I can see the enemy unzoomed. If I had no optics I might be taking pot shots at him or at the very least calling out his position. He has taken the initiative to hide himself so should remain so. Also by me taking those pot shots, maybe a LMG, I am revealing my position for nothing. Both sides are disadvantaged.

Thanks guys.  We're looking into the cache spawning issue and the rock bugs.  The field exploit has been fixed with the new "fields v2" introduced at the end of January, since they now conform to the terrain.

I've seen a situation twice where the western team gets locked in a situation where they can not retake the last point if they get capped out, it usually happens when the western team gets owned and it leaves them with alot of tickets, and alot of time, with no objective - and no way of making a come back. I've only noticed this as of v5.

to be clear, as I've not figured out if the factions rotate on the maps or not - the militia are the west side and the americans are the east side.

and everyone calls that hill nipple hill!

Here's our team is not able to recapture the enemy flags.

picjpg_5495150_21277164.jpg

Edited by FishMan

14 hours ago, FishMan said:

Here's our team is not able to recapture the enemy flags.
i9.pixs.ru/storage/1/6/4/picjpg_5495150_21277164.jpg

I've had the same thing happen to me and my team on Kohat Toi RIver Valley, but with the Insurgents capturing all of the flags and ultimately winning the round without the worry of having to recapture and/or defend an objective and where they can fully focus on a full on assault of the US main.

Thanks guys.  That picture from FishMan is very helpful.  We'll look into it and get it fixed.

I'm sorry I cannot be more specific with this by providing a screenshot of the exact location.  I've encountered this problem twice on this map during Kohat Insurgency, but forgot to take screenshots the first time of the exact location and the second time we merely went by playing by ear.

There is an odd sound bug where random gun fire emanates from the ground in the north-central section of the map somewhere. This has happened at least twice to me now and each time the squad investigated there was no one to be found at the sound source. It's possible that gunfire occurring elsewhere on the map is having its sound emitted over in this region for some reason or other.

Has anyone else encountered this?

The issue with the last flag before the main base not being re-capturable exists for both the US last flag and the Militia last flag. Once captured by the enemy it cannot be re-captured. This also exists on the "area control" layer with Insurgents iirc; if they happen to capture the last flag before the US Main, the US cannot re-capture it and the round is effectively over.

This can can kill a game session. Last night Militia had 150 tix at the point the US captured the last flag before the Militia main. Effectively you have to stand around and wish for a faster bleed to bring the round to an end. I would love to see this patched, expected it to be fixed in 5.0 or 5.1 as it was there in 4.x.

The balancing changes to the Insurgents mode on this map are great.. still need some refinement, but it's definitely a step in the right direction - it used to be a "cakewalk" for the US; it's much more even now - well done.

On another note, this map would be great to have a US v Russian layer (like Chora does) so that there can be a (roughly) symmetrical game mode. Absolutely winnable as Militia with coordinated tactics, but only when the team is significantly more coordinated than average. A symmetrical warfare configuration would be well suited to this map due to the long view distances and roughly equal optics capabilities of US and Russian forces - easier for "pubby" type games to be more even.

Cheers,

egg

Edited by eggman

- Since v7.0  -

It looks like on Kohat map several players get simultanously the FATAL ERROR! crash - i have no clue what exactly forces this, but I for myself have only on Kohat this problem. 

I had the map open, was using the Squad voice and closed it, then  it crashed - and as said - for 2 other squad members as well at the same point and time (were in Teamspeak with me - they didn't had the map open or were using squad voice)

Not sure if this helps or anything, but I thought that could be worth mentioning. 

my specs: 

Intel Core i7 5820K 6x 3.30GHz

MSI X99A Raider Intel X99

32GB (4x 8192MB)  DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17-36 Quad Kit

Running on SSD

5 minutes ago, Logisticz said:

- Since v7.0  -

It looks like on Kohat map several players get simultanously the FATAL ERROR! crash - i have no clue what exactly forces this, but I for myself have only on Kohat this problem. 

I had the map open, was using the Squad voice and closed it, then  it crashed - and as said - for 2 other squad members as well at the same point and time (were in Teamspeak with me - they didn't had the map open or were using squad voice)

Not sure if this helps or anything, but I thought that could be worth mentioning. 

my specs: 

Intel Core i7 5820K 6x 3.30GHz

MSI X99A Raider Intel X99

32GB (4x 8192MB)  DDR4-2666 DIMM CL15-17-17-36 Quad Kit

Running on SSD

Server is causing fatal error is a known bug. It happens on other maps too. A new hotfix was just released right now. Hopefully it will prevent this bug from occuring.

Edited by Heradon

1 hour ago, Heradon said:

Server is causing fatal error is a known bug. It happens on other maps too. A new hotfix was just released right now. Hopefully it will prevent this bug from occuring.

yeah I just found out about the hotfix . thx anyways!