Spectral

Server Feature Requests

58 posts in this topic

Queue

Reserved Slots

Spectate (for first person and third person)

In-Game commands, like !kick, !ban, or an easier way to manage the admin list through an RCON protocol, without having to restart the server, except for slot counts etc.

RCON tool support, maybe through ProCon or other custom means?

Hope that helps!

Forgive me if most of these seem stupid/completely unreasonable, just wanted to throw out some ideas that ive had the past couple weeks

Server Admin name color

Different color names for any level of server admin on the scoreboard

Ban by SteamID

ListPlayerSteamIds

For training purposes:

enableFriendlyFire <0 or 1>

enablePlayerDamage <0 or 1>

Turn off damage, disable opposite teams hurting one another.

(Good for a server running Jensens Range)

disableFire <0 or 1>

Turn off the ability for people to shoot, throw grenades. Nice for organizing events and keeping people from shooting

enableVehicleDamage <0 or 1>

Turn off damage being given from vehicles, recieved on vehicles

revealAllPlayers <0 or 1>

Show all player names to all teams

spectatePlayer

Camera slaved to selected player until specific keystroke entered

displayTeamkillLog

Show entire history of Teamkills on server for the most recent number of admin specified matches, min 1 max 10

enforceSteamName <0 or 1>

Server setting that ignores any changes to users Steam name while on the server

Server admin customizable (within reason) server announcement text area. (Position of screen, area size, font size, font color; repeat toggle setting; frequency)

Server banner (restricted size)

enableGlobalVoip <0 or 1>

enable local chat to be heard between both teams

enableGlobalSpectatorVoip <0 or 1>

enable spectators to hear both teams local VOIP

Temporary bans.

A ban command with a timer to expire, in minutes.

Computer Hash. An Id of the computer so we can ban player using his PC hash. It will be good to ban people who evade steamid bans sharing the game with a new steam account.

For events and tournaments the computer hash can be good to detect fake players (an e-sport team who shares a member slot with another one from other e-sports team using a fake account/sharing account).

Admin commands local logging file (in a different file name, like admin_cmd.log)

Show HTML MOTD when player join server.

A way to private message players

Rcon

A way to modify the map with text or overlays.

For example a permanent list of commands, teamspeak IPs, keypad references, etc on the map.

Modifiable round times and ticket numbers.

A way to private message players

Rcon

A way to modify the map with text or overlays.

For example a permanent list of commands, teamspeak IPs, keypad references, etc on the map.

Modifiable round times and ticket numbers.

yes.. Rcon!!!

I don't want to overlay shit on the map, id just like to be able to send a broadcast message at a set interval.

Also id like to be able to spectate as admin. At the moment the leftshift P thing isn't working.

• Separate file for the ban list and have it include the name of the player at the time of the ban, the ban reason, the banning admin, and the time of the ban in addition to their steamid.
  • Separate file for admin commands to be logged to
  • Separate file for chat to be logged to
  • Timed/temporary bans
  • Command to remove a steamid from the ban list. For example "AdminUnbanID <steamid>" or something
  • Somehow have the ability to reload the config while the server is running so changes can be made on the fly. Even if its just for the admin list that would be useful

Whatever changes happen, please just give us some proper documentation. Having an always up to date list of commands and the permission values associated with them without having to use autocomplete on the console would be amazing for example

I am going to add the features I would like to see (Sorry if it was already mentioned):

- Automatically reload admin list (adding admins to a live server without waiting for a server restart or map change)

- MOTD while loading into the server

- Scrolling messages ingame every X seconds

- Session bans (temp. bans either for the duration of the map, or a specified time)

- RCON to have the possibility to manage server while not ingame

- Admin groups (We have many members and I prefer managing group permissions than player permissions. Basically create groups with defined permissions, and simply assign players to groups)

- Changing server settings through console (and RCON) such as... managing admins (add/remove/change permissions)

- Support for redirects when the game will support mods/custom maps (or Steam workshop)

- Chat logs

- Admin logs (commands used, access, etc... who did what at what time (useful to see who kicked/ban who))

- Automated server-side demorec per map (Very helpful when a replay is needed for hacking verification and such)

And the cherry on top would be a web admin panel to manage the server (like RO2 if you ever hosted a RO2 server). Avoids messing with INI configuration 99% of the time.

Could we have the ability to change the map rotation on the fly?

adminshowrotation

adminsetrotation [rotation slot] [mapname]

I'm imagining it in the console as a list- you reference your line/slot number you want to change and specify a map.

adminsetrotation [maprot1] [fools road]

adminsetrotation [maprot2] [chora AAS]

and so on..

Could we have the ability to change the map rotation on the fly?

adminshowrotation

adminsetrotation [rotation slot] [mapname]

I'm imagining it in the console as a list- you reference your line/slot number you want to change and specify a map.

adminsetrotation [maprot1] [fools road]

adminsetrotation [maprot2] [chora AAS]

and so on..

Isn't that accomplished by AdminChangeMap?

Isn't that accomplished by AdminChangeMap?

no, that simply ends the game and changes the map. What i want to do is change the map rotation- the order in which the maps are queued by the server. Making this easily accessible in game removes the need for you to VNC or shell into the machine to change the map rotations in the ini.

I need some way to identify players while in spectate, I can't figure out an effective way to observe suspicious behavior.  When in cam mode, I have no idea who I'm watching... and navigating around the map in camera seems iffy at best.  While in cam mode I'd like to be able to use the map to see all players on the map and click to focus to that position, possibly.  

I need some way to identify players while in spectate, I can't figure out an effective way to observe suspicious behavior.  When in cam mode, I have no idea who I'm watching... and navigating around the map in camera seems iffy at best.  While in cam mode I'd like to be able to use the map to see all players on the map and click to focus to that position, possibly.  

Press 8 to display player icons then 9 to see names.

Console Command: ShowPlayerIDs - please sort in alpha order - so much easier to find people than having to scan through the unsorted mess. This would be an immediate, *huge* impact.

- A console,
if only for our RDP-admins to see the server is running (and what instances). It's a pain to explain our server-admins how to manually kill or identify specific PID's and link them to the running instances. This is also a good place to display the tail of the log-files

- Overwrite servername & max-slots via startup parameter

We can than sync the DedicatedServerGameUserSettings.ini between multiple servers, and only overwrite the servername and slot-count upon starting it.

Definitely need console... I need to be able to kick people faster, somebody TKs his whole squad but it still takes me a minute to kick him, have to find his ID, then run the kick cmd, would be nice if we could kick by player name and have it autocomplete as you're typing 

Really need sort by PING on the server browser as i have to scroll down all the way to find the lowest latency server which i'll enjoy more.