Can you please explain why I can't build a FOB? I was a squad leader, with two team members with me, and it kept giving me the error of "must be 400m away from radio" or something like that. But even when I moved 400m away from where I previously was, it still gave me the same error and I couldn't build an FOB to save my damn team or my own life. I tried practically everywhere on the entire map and still same error. This game is beyond frustrating because of this.

Can you please explain why I can't build a FOB? I was a squad leader, with two team members with me, and it kept giving me the error of "must be 400m away from radio" or something like that. But even when I moved 400m away from where I previously was, it still gave me the same error and I couldn't build an FOB to save my damn team or my own life. I tried practically everywhere on the entire map and still same error. This game is beyond frustrating because of this.

Map grids aren't completely accurate at the moment -- they're scaled differently on different maps. So, depending on the map (particularly "Forest" or whatever it's called now), you may have actually been within 400 meters of another radio. Furthermore, another Squad may have popped one down when you weren't paying attention. That's all too common and leads to bulk frustration.

When in doubt, bash out a RP and keep moving away from other known FOBs.

Map grids aren't completely accurate at the moment -- they're scaled differently on different maps. So, depending on the map (particularly "Forest" or whatever it's called now), you may have actually been within 400 meters of another radio. Furthermore, another Squad may have popped one down when you weren't paying attention. That's all too common and leads to bulk frustration.

When in doubt, bash out a RP and keep moving away from other known FOBs.

Thanks for the response and the advice. I'll be giving the game another shot today. Hope all goes well.

Thanks for the response and the advice. I'll be giving the game another shot today. Hope all goes well.

As a Squad Leader, the easiest way to determine when you are outside of the 400m range;

• Press T and bring up the build menu
  • Select the "Radio" or "Hideout"
  • with the radio build silhouette showing, run directly away from existing radios that are interfering (refrence map), clicking constantly.
  • If the clicking reports "Must be more than 400m away from another radio" then you are still too close
  • Once the clicking reports "Must have 3 people within reach" then you have reached an area where you can place the radio.
  • Now begin to look for an advantageous place to place your radio.

All good, 4Star.

Best of luck mate.