45 posts in this topic

Attention!

Parade rest!

At ease!

Soldiers! BlueFangSolutions.com is proud to be one of the official server providers for Squad. We are a younger company that started back in early 2012 and have since made our mark on this industry. We feel as though we have set a new standard for customer service and support and we are always excited when we can bring our expertise to a new title such as Squad. We have been working closely with the developers of Squad to make sure the service we offer can be the most enjoyable experience possible.

If you would like to setup your own Squad server we are offering server rentals on a monthly and quarterly basis. RENT YOUR OWN SQUAD SERVER HERE

Need some communications? We are an Authorized TeamSpeak 3 Hosting Provider too! RENT YOUR OWN TEAMSPEAK 3 SERVER HERE

Have some questions about our service or would you like to inquiry about anything regarding a Squad server before you buy? Send us a contact form.

We are here 24/7/365 to answer any and all of your questions about our services and provide assistance when it is needed. You can submit a ticket, email us, or hop on our TeamSpeak 3 server to get some help. We are here for you.

Fall out!

Hey BFS :)

Our US server, [303RD] Tiger Battalion Community Server, is ran through you guys -- and its been nothing but a fantastic experience. Keep up the great work.

I'll poke, not to start a fight, but to settle something.

Why are you price gouging Squad servers? Squad servers compared to every single other Game Server Package you offer, is over priced. $85 for 64 slots, But I can get an Ark server that is 70man for $45...Looking at other prices, for newest release titles.. I see exactly what you guys do, you hike the price up due to recent release, and as the launch goes on, prices lower. 

Yea no, this is not cool. Don't also need to hear the excuses "Well Squad requires more server power" or "Well this is our policy"

Sorry, I'll look else where. Sadly, its only BFS and NFO so far with Squad hosting.

Sorry though, not fully though. But this is price gouging just because something is New and Hot and taking advantage.

I'll wait for Dedicated files via Steam Tools tab, and pay AWS literally pennies compared to this. Its quite sad that the servers we have up, its sad knowing that they are getting price gouged almost $100. 

This is my opinion, and one I felt needed to be voiced after comparing Prices not only with BFS, but NFO, and GTX, the only 3 Squad providers ATM. It's sad and sick to my stomach.

Why are you price gouging Squad servers? Squad servers compared to every single other Game Server Package you offer, is over priced. $85 for 64 slots, But I can get an Ark server that is 70man for $45...Looking at other prices, for newest release titles.. I see exactly what you guys do, you hike the price up due to recent release, and as the launch goes on, prices lower. 

Yea no, this is not cool. Don't also need to hear the excuses "Well Squad requires more server power" or "Well this is our policy"

Sorry, I'll look else where. Sadly, its only BFS and NFO so far with Squad hosting.

Sorry though, not fully though. But this is price gouging just because something is New and Hot and taking advantage.

I'll wait for Dedicated files via Steam Tools tab, and pay AWS literally pennies compared to this. Its quite sad that the servers we have up, its sad knowing that they are getting price gouged almost $100. 

This is my opinion, and one I felt needed to be voiced after comparing Prices not only with BFS, but NFO, and GTX, the only 3 Squad providers ATM. It's sad and sick to my stomach.

This isn't price gouging, some games are MUCH more resource intensive, being an experienced provider (I owned a larger tier 1 provider about 5 years ago called Speed-Frag, LLC). As the game becomes optimized price will do down, this is why Arma is so expensive it is so resource intensive. 

AWS or any cloud provider does not offer you anywhere near the same performance a vps/dedicated environment. This is why you dont see CoD, BF etc on cloud servers. 

This isn't price gouging, some games are MUCH more resource intensive, being an experienced provider (I owned a larger tier 1 provider about 5 years ago called Speed-Frag, LLC). As the game becomes optimized price will do down, this is why Arma is so expensive it is so resource intensive. 

AWS or any cloud provider does not offer you anywhere near the same performance a vps/dedicated environment. This is why you dont see CoD, BF etc on cloud servers. 

I'd need to see some actual log proof of performance on servers to see just how intense they are first though. We've run Ark servers before off home boxes fine as well, and AWS sure, can do some, probably Source mostly. But a dedicated box still be cheaper than 85$. My point is, its outrageous. I didn't mean to be so critical I guess. But do understand, it's high cost.

I'd need to see some actual log proof of performance on servers to see just how intense they are first though. We've run Ark servers before off home boxes fine as well, and AWS sure, can do some, probably Source mostly. But a dedicated box still be cheaper than 85$. My point is, its outrageous. I didn't mean to be so critical I guess. But do understand, it's high cost.

The free market provides. You're free to seek out alternatives that you prefer :)

The free market provides. You're free to seek out alternatives that you prefer :)

Kinda hard to do when Squad devs haven't opened the market wide enough to only 2 providers officially, and dedicated files are still bound to Kickstarter Backers only... Kinda hard to do, ;)

Kinda hard to do when Squad devs haven't opened the market wide enough to only 2 providers officially, and dedicated files are still bound to Kickstarter Backers only... Kinda hard to do, ;)

But still, you have options. So take this offer or leave and stop whining about stuff you have no clue about.

I'm actually asking, why not then lease a server for a month or a quarter till prices come down or you get more options?

dedicated files are still bound to Kickstarter Backers only... Kinda hard to do, ;)

we didn't back as a clan, and we still applied for a server key and got one. if you have the hardware to run it and the admin team to manage it, why don't you apply for one?

But still, you have options. So take this offer or leave and stop whining about stuff you have no clue about.

Two is (options), dude, piss off with the attitude. It's not whining when its facts are right there. I never came here to whine, I came to point out the outrageous high prices. That was all. There is 2 providers. That's options to you? Reported regardless for attitude and personal attack.

@Ironxbay, they disabled applying for the mean time. So again, options even smaller.

But okay Vets of Squad backers, please, just rip me a new one. Holy crap, no wonder people don't like posting here. You guys treat each other like complete dog crap. I'm a PR vet from 0.5 days, and didn't back on Kickstarter, but lurked here for awhile, and all I see is how hostile and how rude the Backers are. 

Jesus, never mind. Mods just delete all these post, I dont wanna talk to people who constantly have a piss poor attitude and can't see how expensive 90$ for a server that currently Squad put a monopoly on for 2 providers. 

Good day.

Lets keep it a bit more friendly in here.  There was no whining present imho.  He was discussing the limited options at the moment and nothing more.

The proof is NFO stopped selling them because of this exact reason. I don't think you are being critical but servers are very demanding, and this game is just now being pushed out more. It will smooth out as it gets built more, 

Keep on keeping on team! 

we didn't back as a clan, and we still applied for a server key and got one. if you have the hardware to run it and the admin team to manage it, why don't you apply for one?

May I ask how you did this I run a community of 4k+ members, and currently a platoon size of roughly 50 interested and signed up for Squad. Have the hardware and I maintain it would love to get in and help and run our own server. 

May I ask how you did this I run a community of 4k+ members, and currently a platoon size of roughly 50 interested and signed up for Squad. Have the hardware and I maintain it would love to get in and help and run our own server. 

Have no fear! Got an answer via a Reddit thread, "Soon!" Like really soon! 

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/3xtgav/dedicated_server/cy8275d

Woot woot! Hopefully its given out via 'Tools' on Steam. Either way, yeaaa!!

And thank you, for the post above in the reply to mine. Cheers and keep on the good fight!

Hi KilrBe3,

Usually hosting companies don't make replies to posts such as yours. We are a different breed of hosting company. Let me start it off with this: You are absolutely correct. The price for server rentals is currently very high but are we gouging you? No we do not believe so based on the resource usages we've seen. Why is it more expensive to rent a Squad game server compared to an ARK game server when they both use the same engine? The answer is the difference in how CPU intensive Squad is compared to ARK just being very RAM hungry. Squad of course doesn't use very much memory at all because it isn't storing any world or player data on such a massive scale as ARK does. Yes, ARK still does use a good chunk of CPU but no where near as much as Squad does. Squad takes a minimum of 1 full core and sometimes more up to 72 players. This is 1 entire physical core of a 4 physical and 4 virtual core machine. This means for the most optimal performance we can only safely host 3-4 Squad game servers per machine. We never overload our boxes. Period. We currently only offer 64 slot servers because of performance reasons but we do plan to offer up to 72 slots when the optimization for the dedicated server software gets a little better.

Please know that we have direct contact with all of the Squad developers and talk to all of them on an every day basis. We send them logs of the servers and tell them about as many bugs as we can because we want the server performance to get better too! We hope to be able to slightly decrease pricing as more patches come out every month. This could be a long and drawn out process because of how small the differences will be in performance for each new patch (as it normally happens that way for early access games).

We are constantly monitoring server performance for each patch to see if there are any differences and I guarantee you we will be the first host to drop our prices before anyone else if the future optimization allows us to do so. You have our word on that.

You came through, I really do thank you for that. So its a waiting game til some optimize comes for the CPU side of Squad it seems then. Understood. 

I'll just wait til files come out, or prices lower. Which relies on Squad devs ;)

Cheers for being honest and open.

What's up with the Alpha 3.8 update on your servers? Looks like they're on A 3.7 now and all my players are gone...

EDIT: Problem fixed. Sucks all the players are gone now :/ Hope they come back.

Hopefully the prices will come down dramatically. 

I would suspect most of the larger servers will be rented by clans pooling resources, but at $90+USD per month is just not possible for me. Not even in a range where I might consider figuring out how to afford it. 

As a professional photographer I know what it is like when a segment market doesn't value a product enough to cover the costs of producing it. I've realized that I sell a luxury item and now I market it that way. 

The following is not a flame and I won't appreciate anyone who turns it into one. This is one business professional offering some input to another in open view because this discussion is already in open view. 

While I don't know your costs (including manpower, physical, and computer processing wise) but I can tell you where in the purchase process I stopped being a potential client of yours. It was when there was an option to include "Silver Support" for an additional $10USD a month. My impression was that I was already paying a luxury price and so I should not be asked to pay for additional luxury items. This impression was then solidified when there was an option to pay for high CPU priority. If the game is as intensive on your servers as you state (and I don't doubt it) then in order to run the game well it should be on high CPU priority already. I can't speak for the costs you incur by doing so, but as a person who had potential to be a client I found that the luxury price being asked already should have provided a luxury experience for me as a client. 

I hope this helps. We need lots of large servers for Squad to be the massive game we all want it to be. Right now the only way I can help in that regard is to offer this little bit of input about my experience looking at options on your store. 

Hopefully the prices will come down dramatically. 

I would suspect most of the larger servers will be rented by clans pooling resources, but at $90+USD per month is just not possible for me. Not even in a range where I might consider figuring out how to afford it. 

As a professional photographer I know what it is like when a segment market doesn't value a product enough to cover the costs of producing it. I've realized that I sell a luxury item and now I market it that way. 

The following is not a flame and I won't appreciate anyone who turns it into one. This is one business professional offering some input to another in open view because this discussion is already in open view. 

While I don't know your costs (including manpower, physical, and computer processing wise) but I can tell you where in the purchase process I stopped being a potential client of yours. It was when there was an option to include "Silver Support" for an additional $10USD a month. My impression was that I was already paying a luxury price and so I should not be asked to pay for additional luxury items. This impression was then solidified when there was an option to pay for high CPU priority. If the game is as intensive on your servers as you state (and I don't doubt it) then in order to run the game well it should be on high CPU priority already. I can't speak for the costs you incur by doing so, but as a person who had potential to be a client I found that the luxury price being asked already should have provided a luxury experience for me as a client. 

I hope this helps. We need lots of large servers for Squad to be the massive game we all want it to be. Right now the only way I can help in that regard is to offer this little bit of input about my experience looking at options on your store. 

Hey Ratzo,

We can understand your position but please keep in mind that the pricing for the game servers themselves, without the silver or high cpu, is based purely on resource usage. This means that you would have to pay that rate before even considering the high cpu or silver support packages. Also to clarify, silver support is not always required for us to help you. We recommend silver support if you are computer illiterate and you would rather not attempt making any changes to the server settings yourself for fear of making mistakes. Also, all of our game servers are set to Above Normal priority on default. This already gives game servers an edge over all OS tasks on the machine.

Any plans for servers becoming available in Australia?

Hoy Boydy,

We do have plans for Australia but not in the immediate future.

Bluefangsolutions offers no DDoS protection, fair warning.

- Server admin for [steam-Group] Fulysic Great Game Giveaways

Bluefangsolutions offers no DDoS protection, fair warning.

- Server admin for [steam-Group] Fulysic Great Game Giveaways

We do offer DDoS protection in the following locations: Dallas, New York, London UK and Dusseldorf Germany. I've responded to your other post here.

Went ahead and upgraded our squad server today. Support is lightning fast, they usually answer within 30 minutes and the problem is normally fixed within seconds..They held to their word and dropped their prices. We couldnt be happier. Definitely not going anywhere else for our server needs.