Frosty2200

A Message to the Experienced Players

To my fellow older squadies (game experience), I have many requests and but a few thanks.

To the forum warriors, I thank you. You assist with the community outside of the game where there is a plethora of ideas from young ones that have not been exposed to this game, are negative towards this game, or don't yet have your extent of knowledge about this game. You take the time out of your day to answer questions from the young ones so that the developers do not, for this I thank you. My beloved forum warriors, I request, that should our young brothers of the forums being to erode your patience, take some time off enjoy the other things of life that is Squad, come back rejuvenated and ready to tackle your thankless role once more. I request that you understand a strong, unified community is one that comes from caring and mentoring members; this burden falls firstly and lastly on your shoulders and I have confidence that you shall not fail.

To the leaders of the pack, I thank you. You take up the game and perform the crucial role of Squad Leading, you brave the scrutiny of others in order to have a superior and more organized team. You deal with our young-ins who do not yet know that a lone wolf is often times the easiest pray for bears and eagles. You attempt to lead them back to form a vicious pack once more, for this I thank you. My cherished leaders of the pack, I request, that should your pack be a mischievous or disobedient bunch, show them not only how sharp your bark is but also the way of the wolf and its effectiveness. I request that you attempt to nurture your pups rather than kicking them out of your den to be hunted by others predators.

To the professors, I thank you. You assist the leaders of the pack by demonstrating and explaining your knowledge to our most precious young-ins. You deal with the hail of in-game related inquiries, that while all could be solved by reading the manual, you do not brush them aside and denounce them for not having done so. You understand that people use different resources to obtain knowledge, and in-game experience and education is not an incorrect one, for this I thank you. My dear professors, I request, that should you ever grow weary of your duty, to remember that at one point you too did not have all of the knowledge you have today and that no method of learning is an invalid one. I request that you understand that while the forum warriors are likely the first and last ones to create a strong, unified community, you are the middle and the core of it. You make up the remainder of the player base whom the game is focused upon, without you there is no experience or monumental firefights that will forever remain at the forefront of our memories.

If you are a member of this community and wish to see Squad grow, then you are one, if not more, of these people. Good luck out there squadies and remember that we all of a role to fulfill!

Very well said! I give a warning to my squads if they start wondering off i give one warning... that should be all i have to say other wise they get kicked. Like I asked my squad to stay on the D cap and one guy ran into central Logar where all the action was so i kicked him and there for was called a dick and a bitch... now this does not bother me in my mind it means that I am doing something right considering nine times out of ten my squad is the top squad Score and Kill wise... So I dont think we should just let the lone wolfs off but i aim to show them how well staying with the pack is for the team as a whole.

I am definitely trying to do my part and teach people how fun Squad's gameplay can be when you understand how to play. Teaching these first couple of weeks will be crucial to keep the new players around so we have a healthy player count and community for years to come.

It can even be fun leading a bunch of newbies. If they listen and follow your lead, then it's not much different than leading experienced players around. Maybe just a tad less lethal ;)

I just got done with a round where I asked everyone to wait for their medics and to respond when I ask them to do something. I wasn't ordering them around like a drill sergeant. I was directing them while teaching them. 
Great round guys and special thanks the the medics! darkhour618 and FMBRITG[s.A.D.T.]Lil

And thanks to Nutella the Hun for leading the other squad.

newbies_zpsq6k57px4.jpg

The help towards new players is allot better than when i picked up PR again after a long time when it became standalone, when i asked something in the PR server i was in the first anwser was. "read the f*cking manual."

Classy... :unsure:

The willingness of this community to come together to achieve victory is something one a handful of other games can claim to have. This is not CSGO or COD and it's reflected by the players attitude, for this I am eternally grateful.

The help towards new players is allot better than when i picked up PR again after a long time when it became standalone, when i asked something in the PR server i was in the first anwser was. "read the f*cking manual."

Classy... :unsure:

I actually had a solid minute rant about how I hate this mindset and it is a terrible and unrealistic thing to say to people that are new to any game.

Sound like a poet. Pretty great read! :D

Thanks, I spent quite a while with a tab for the dictionary and thesaurus open in order to make the whole thing more sound more monumental. 

I am definitely trying to do my part and teach people how fun Squad's gameplay can be when you understand how to play. Teaching these first couple of weeks will be crucial to keep the new players around so we have a healthy player count and community for years to come.

It can even be fun leading a bunch of newbies. If they listen and follow your lead, then it's not much different than leading experienced players around. Maybe just a tad less lethal ;)

-snip-

Another fine day of tutoring I see, it always makes a professor happy to see his pupils do well and learn quickly.

Thanks for all of the positive remarks everyone!

A reminder to the experienced players to remain positive ambassadors of the game. Especially since being a "PR veteran" seems to have a bad rap lately.

There is nothing better than experiencing first hand someone finding new joy and enthusiasm in Squad! Check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/v/31453062

I am afraid to even say I have been playing since closed alpha. I have learned to never say I played PR.

It getting scary out there Chief, hold my hand? 

Good words Frosty !

This community is the best, lets keep it that way.

Cheers!

I'm very positive towards the new players helping them out as much as possible. Having new faces is refreshing!

I learned how to play (pr) by asking questions in-game so I'll be damned if I can't help out when somebody asks.

I'd much rather people do that than fuck the whole squad up by holding their questions

bought my friend this game, he thought it wouldn't be good. after a few matches he liked it, the community and the game play pretty much everything. Now hes more involved than i thought haha he got others to start playing squad. Keep doing what your doing devs

Well put, and a great post. Just sharing the love.

-Professor Nugget  B)