Just heard about the league not doing another season, shame that, we were keen to participate if possible. What's the score with Ghost being banned? Are they still the league winners considering it happened/was decided after their league victory?

I noticed salty comments from both sides on the twitch stream so I can understand if it's something people don't want to talk about.

Just heard about the league not doing another season, shame that, we were keen to participate if possible. What's the score with Ghost being banned? Are they still the league winners considering it happened/was decided after their league victory?

I noticed salty comments from both sides on the twitch stream so I can understand if it's something people don't want to talk about.

Here is all the info you need:

http://squad.gg/t/squad-league-pivots-post-tournament/596

Yeah I've seen that post, doesn't answer any of my questions above though. I was already aware that the 'league' part of Squad League was done for, and it's now just friendly matches.

17 minutes ago, Montoya said:

Yeah I've seen that post, doesn't answer any of my questions above though. I was already aware that the 'league' part of Squad League was done for, and it's now just friendly matches.

We will still host various events and will consider hosting tournaments/league's once more features are available to us both in game and out of it. You are more than welcome to sign up for events we have upcoming (nothing is on the books in the near term however).

In regards to the GHOST question. We did not scratch that tournament, so as far as we're concerned they did indeed win. However, per our own forum statement, GHOST will no longer be participating in Squad League and that post is all we're going to say on the matter publicly. There are two sides to every equation and for the long term benefit of our community, the Squad League community, we feel we made right decision.

FYI, packing for a move to the other side of the world. So that is my response and will likely not be able to further comment.

Just lost all faith in Squad League and some of its clans...

This is really disappointing to here.  I joined a team called FFO in part because I was really looking forward to competition.  I am not surprised though about bad blood being spilled during competition.  I was the leader of a team in America's Army called Overrated and I can tell you in the 8 years playing competitively, there was always nonsense to deal with with cheating and poor sportsmanship.   

I think the main problem with any game is that people cannot handle losing or the threat of losing and decide to either cheat or accuse others of cheating.  I really feel sorry for this generation of young people who have been coddled and wrapped in a bubble by their parents and social groups.  They are in for a rough experience when they leave the nest and have to face the reality of life.  

@King Baldwin IV, I have faith that there will be a well-functioning competitive scene in Squad, be it Squad League (in the future) or some other league that comes up. I think Squad League's choice to do exhibition style matches was a good choice instead of doing brackets, it won't be as fiercely competitive and it will be a bit more friendly. However, there's still something amok with SL admins if they are kicking good teams out of leagues, especially when it was only the actions of a few in that group. SL could  have at least asked Ghost to get rid of a specific member before removing the whole team.

I don't think structure was the problem mate, the brackets had nothing to do with it. Search 'reddit squad and ghost' in your preferred browser.

I wouldn't bother with the reddit. Anyone who tried to give the other side of the story had their responses down voted within minutes.

There was also a lot insults aimed at people who tried to give the facts of the situation.

Well if people are down voted on reddit it's usually because there are more people disagreeing with them and their posts than there are people agreeing.

But there was a lot of insults aimed at people who tried to give the facts of the situation - namely Ghost.

1 hour ago, Montoya said:

Well if people are down voted on reddit it's usually because there are more people disagreeing with them and their posts than there are people agreeing.

But there was a lot of insults aimed at people who tried to give the facts of the situation - namely Ghost.

Down voted by butt hurt people, yes. 

People without the insight as to the ongoings within the SL community the past month can't really comment. They can have an opinion on what it looks like. But it's just like the general public don't get invited to sit in on a space programme committee, based on the fact they don't have the knowledge.

Everyone who knows the SL staff know a decision would be made objectively. And anyone who doesn't know them well enough aren't in a position to criticise.

22 minutes ago, BLITZA said:

Down voted by butt hurt people, yes. 

People without the insight as to the ongoings within the SL community the past month can't really comment. They can have an opinion on what it looks like. But it's just like the general public don't get invited to sit in on a space programme committee, based on the fact they don't have the knowledge.

Everyone who knows the SL staff know the decision would be made objectively. And anyone who doesn't know them well enough aren't in a position to criticise.

Did you really just compare Squad League leadership to a space programme? Wow, just wow. Think you may need to give your ego a reality check buddy.

Besides, you were down voted by a lot of people disagreeing with you (their butts may have hurt, I dunno, I don't go around checking peoples butts so I'm not sure). However I did see all of the posts and screen grabs regarding the issue and I've spoken with people involved so I think that makes me one of the people in a position to criticise the way it was handled.

I guess it comes down to trust. SL didn't trust Ghost and now the community doesn't trust SL.

Feel free to send me any evidence you may have backing up your case and I'll handle it just as impartially and professionally as any Squad League leadership. By which I mean not at all.

Damn, I had no idea this all happened. It's a shame :(

As a guy who got his ass kicked by Ghost in the first round of the League (20r vs Ghost), I can only say I have never experienced the described misbehaviour by them. They were simply good players (well, they have around 3 extremely good players that carry their team). I, and I believe the same goes for my fellow clan members, have no hard feelings towards Ghost. (Well, besides the fact that they make me cry because of how bad I am :D )

I am affraid that, in this type of situation it is quite possible that clans who faced Ghost were simply bad losers, and they influenced the Squad League team in a negative way. I say that because I believe the Squad League team to be competent guys, deeply involved in the Squad Community, so they made the correct decision based on the information they received.

11 minutes ago, Montoya said:

Did you really just compare Squad League leadership to a space programme? Wow, just wow. Think you may need to give your ego a reality check buddy.

Besides, you were down voted by a lot of people disagreeing with you (their butts may have hurt, I dunno, I don't go around checking peoples butts so I'm not sure). However I did see all of the posts and screen grabs regarding the issue and I've spoken with people involved so I think that makes me one of the people in a position to criticise the way it was handled.

I guess it comes down to trust. SL didn't trust Ghost and now the community doesn't trust SL.

Feel free to send me any evidence you may have backing up your case and I'll handle it just as impartially and professionally as any Squad League leadership. By which I mean not at all.

Ego? Unsure how making an analogy relates to a persons ego. Can you explain your reasons for that comment?

I'm not starting another debate here with people who have no clue about what went on (apart from being told one side of the story).

But I will say that perception is everything, and the "evidence" posted allows only one perception rather than giving the whole story, culminating in a false truth. Which is very easy to fall for, considering you are only listening to one side.

Addition: All the cases were in Squad League discord, which Squad League staff see AND run. It has nothing to do with any clans involved in Squad League. Stop imagining reasons and making up assumptions.

Just now, BLITZA said:

Ego? Unsure how making an analogy relates to a persons ego. Can you explain your reasons for that comment?

I'm not starting another debate here with people who have no clue apart from what went on (apart from being told one side of the story).

But I will say that perception is everything, and the "evidence" posted allows only one perception rather than giving the whole story, culminating in a false truth. Which is very easy to fall for, considering you are only listening to one side.

Yes, you compared SL leadership to actual rocket scientists. I thought that was pretty clear but whatever.

And yes perception is everything. We watched you get beaten like a ginger step-child on twitch during the final. We watched you lose FOBs all over the place. We watched how you were unable to break a FOB on a capture point (seriously what were Ghost thinking? Literally everybody knows that only noobs drop FOBS on CPs). We watched how members of the community continually called Ghost hackers without any repercussions.

And then we watched all Ghost members being carpet banned. For "unrelated" things.

Funny how you clans waited for them to win the league before doing anything about it, don't you think?

14 minutes ago, BLITZA said:

Addition: All the cases were in Squad League discord, which Squad League staff see AND run. It has nothing to do with any clans involved in Squad League. Stop imagining reasons and making up assumptions.

My apologies for misunderstanding. I simply tried to express how difficult these situations might be to judge.

EDIT: This is what I based my comment on: "Multiple complaints of the aforementioned behavior by the community at large."

But you are right, I have absolutely no idea what went on in Squad League besides the match we played and enjoyed. I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by MVPiet13

4 minutes ago, Montoya said:

Yes, you compared SL leadership to actual rocket scientists. I thought that was pretty clear but whatever.

And yes perception is everything. We watched you get beaten like a ginger step-child on twitch during the final. We watched you lose FOBs all over the place. We watched how you were unable to break a FOB on a capture point (seriously what were Ghost thinking? Literally everybody knows that only noobs drop FOBS on CPs). We watched how members of the community continually called Ghost hackers without any repercussions.

And then we watched all Ghost members being carpet banned. For "unrelated" things.

Funny how you clans waited for them to win the league before doing anything about it, don't you think?

The funny thing about assume is it makes an ass of u and me. And you have assumed a lot here.

Can you read? The analogy said nothing about Squad League staff or rocket scientists xDxD It was an analogy of the general public having an opinion on something they have no experience of.

And with that revelation, I leave the thread.

Ah, I see what happened.

Waiting to see more Squad League, especially when SQD is fully out.

Congrats and thanks to all teams involved. Congrats for the winner team although the style points weren't high it seems!

Hello,

Redcoats Blitza :

"People without the insight as to the ongoings within the SL community the past month can't really comment. They can have an opinion on what it looks like. But it's just like the general public don't get invited to sit in on a space programme committee, based on the fact they don't have the knowledge.

Everyone who knows the SL staff know a decision would be made objectively. And anyone who doesn't know them well enough aren't in a position to criticise."

We were in the inside and we have our own story on how we have been rekt. A story we kept silent for the good continuity of the tournament.
But today everything go too far with the ban of Ghost and what I can read.

The story

Following the first round match we noticed a change in the map pool.
At the request of the devs the map Sumari was removed from the tournament and replaced by Op First Light.

Following this we asked on March 16th if the selection of maps was now final so that we can train ourselves on the right maps.

The answer was clear: Yes

Screenshot

April 4th, 19 days after the answer, 4 days before the SEMI-FINAL.

We are informed that the map MUST change!
The reason given is : a team must not play the same map twice.
Indeed we had to play Op First Light against the 303rd and we were supposed to play it again against the Redcoats.

This change made us angry.
First because SquadLeague came back from his word to not change the maps.
Secondly because the change was made ONLY 4 days before the match.

We conceive that a mistake can be made but in this situation it is unacceptable to let players carry the weight of this error only 4 days before the date. Unfortunately we could not had the last word and were forced to change map.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

------

Analyze in more details.

During 19 days everyone could notice that Op First Light had to be played twice.
Screenshot

Did SquadLeague notified this error? No. Redcoats did.
Screenshot

What did they do ?
They accepted the remark of the Redcoats and forced us to change the map. They also told us that we had be warned few days before. Unfortunately we were not successful in finding this alleged warning, which probably does not even exist.

Map change 4 days before the match.
But what part of the tournament are we talking about? The Semifinals, the match that decides if you are going to play for the first place in the tournament

Do we need to give these places any importance?
I will remind you that the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places were to be paid prizes.

The result ?

The staff of SquadLeague changed the map four days before the game, based on an observation of our opponents, on the semifinals of a tournament which at that time teams were still supposed to be rewarded. They changed from Op First Light a map where we did a great victory to Kohat the wish of RedCoats (Screenshot)
We find this immature and unprofessional!

Our team has suffered of this change, our coordination was chaotic, our strategy was not done as it should be because of the lack of preparation.

------

"Squad League Was built on the backs of camaraderie, sportsmanship, and friendship Among clans and the Squad community as a whole. This is arguably What Has powered Both our will, and your will to continue helping us build this collective community of all of ours . We INTEND to fiercely honor this way of Conducting Ourselves as we believe That keeping the community welded firmly based Directly upon Those gains is Fundamentally at our core. We will not allow Those gains to be threatened this and reserves the right to take Appropriate Action to defend what this community is built upon, what we see, and others see this community for standing."

Link

Finally here is our review for this first tournament.

Disgust! We are not disgusted to have finished third, we are disgusted with the way the tournament was orchestrated. Within it some teams appeared to be kings while others buffoons. An unhealthy atmosphere that disgusts us.
This atmosphere does not favor in any case the values SquadLeague claims to have or seek.

Today we choose to open to the public our story after the recent event with Ghost.
Are they wrong? Or not? We can not say.
Nevertheless we find very unfair to ban a team and wipe away their first place for being "disrespectful" when we compare to the respect we received.

We know that developers support SquadLeague and do not interact with their decisions. But today we advise them to take a look at SquadLeague as they do not seem to be always impartial. Something you can even feel in the match commentary.

Make no mistake. We do not want the end of SquadLeague and we really liked the idea of the tournament. We are competitors and as such we need competitions.
But like all people we want to play in a healthy and pleasant environment. This is what we want for Squad.
Squad is already great game for competition and will be even more epic in the future so lets work to do something good from the beginning.

Well who is going to develop a new competitive league where all teams play eachother and the best 4 duke it out after? Since SL has snipped it's bawls. 

@Montoya Analogies are meant to be conceptually comparative, not proportionally comparative.

@BLITZA Don't complain that people are basing their opinions on one side of the story if you're unwilling to provide the other side...

3 hours ago, Konorr said:

-snip-

I agree that it is unfair that you had to play a map that you were not aware of. However was the other team aware of the change (303RD i believe?). If not then it shouldn't be such a big deal. People make errors and when an event is being ran for the first time ever we learn from our mistakes.

People need to see the bigger picture and know that nothing is ran perfectly, it takes time and several attempts to get it done properly...