Bi1a1

Ideas for game play improvement.

I have been enjoying squad more and more as the game progresses, and have also been giving feed back to get things improved. Some has been done and some has been considered. However my next recommendation would be.

1. Medic class should be able to heal squad members with out patching them up with a medic pack as I find it very irritating in swopping around pack in a middle of a fire fight. If the purpose of having to do both to have a delay time then just increase the revive time of a solider.

2. The map orientation needs to be fixed…. Look like the GPS is broken as a play turns it not corresponding with the map. Its hard to explain but maybe you guy will understand what I mean

3. Communication with squad members and team players which I think is the core of this game should be sorted. What I mean is there should be a toggle button to keep it on as I find it hard to press buttons of communications when your being shot at and trying to tell your squad members where the fire is coming from.

4. Uniforms or clothing some are very similar and gets confusing.

5. Smoke nades for the talban fighters takes slightly long to throw I am sure they have better equipment then that.

6. Final point for now as I don’t want to bore you all knife or shovel attack that has not yet been done yet.. on a few occaustion I managed to sneak up on the enemy wishing that I as able to knife them or hit them with a shovel.

"1. Medic class should be able to heal squad members with out patching them up with a medic pack as I find it very irritating in swopping around pack in a middle of a fire fight. If the purpose of having to do both to have a delay time then just increase the revive time of a solider."

As a core medic I feel that it was genius for the devs to put such a thing in as bandaging and medic packing a solider before that are fully healed. It creates that drama and intensity when in the middle of a fire fight with "do I have enough time to get this guy up, is a guy around the corner" etc etc.

You must think smart and adapt to a style of thinking outside the box. Bandage the guy, then move behind your firing squad or ask for protection and ask the guy to follow you so then you can heal him fully.

Haven't you ever been in the situation in Squad, being a medic and like in Private Ryan when you stop the bleeding only to have that guy get shot and die? Frustrating right? But creates that atmosphere and that laugher of "you son of a bitch".

Thanks for your feedback. The devs will be looking at all posts to improve playability.

1. Medic class should be able to heal squad members with out patching them up with a medic pack as I find it very irritating in swopping around pack in a middle of a fire fight. If the purpose of having to do both to have a delay time then just increase the revive time of a solider.

I think that would make the medic role a lot less challenging and interesting. And to be honest, it's not THAT hard to master.

2. The map orientation needs to be fixed…. Look like the GPS is broken as a play turns it not corresponding with the map. Its hard to explain but maybe you guy will understand what I mean

I don't. :D

3. Communication with squad members and team players which I think is the core of this game should be sorted. What I mean is there should be a toggle button to keep it on as I find it hard to press buttons of communications when your being shot at and trying to tell your squad members where the fire is coming from.

It can be a pain, I know, but that could easily result in spam.

But that's how it is, isn't it?!

5. Smoke nades for the talban fighters takes slightly long to throw I am sure they have better equipment then that.

Agreed.

6. Final point for now as I don’t want to bore you all knife or shovel attack that has not yet been done yet.. on a few occaustion I managed to sneak up on the enemy wishing that I as able to knife them or hit them with a shovel.

Definetly, yes!

1. we don't want it to be like battlefield when you just revive someone like that . think about when you're under fire and your squad lead need a revive so you start to heal him and just run behind cover.. unfair to the other team.

2. I don't understand

3. it is a bit difficult to co op with people shooting at you and communicate , but I don't think it should be a toggled buttons.  you'll just need to co op with that. it's hard but it is good the way it is.

4. that's just the way it is.  you won't see two armies before a war deciding their uniform camo like it's a football match .

5. I don't agree with that, this is an actual smoke nade.. we cann it a smoke candle actually in here (we have both smoke nades and those.) they supposed to produce more smoke and last longer actually , and yeah it take it longer to operate.  (that's like comparing a m249 reload time to m4 reload time)

6. knife in the army uses are just for few things and combat isn't one of them , so im against that and the shovel attack idea.

maybe a stock bash for close fights? (would be hard to sort it out because one bash doesn't kill of course , so like maybe knock an enemy or Idk) to sum it up, im against all the melee thing)

"1. Medic class should be able to heal squad members with out patching them up with a medic pack as I find it very irritating in swopping around pack in a middle of a fire fight. If the purpose of having to do both to have a delay time then just increase the revive time of a solider."

As a core medic I feel that it was genius for the devs to put such a thing in as bandaging and medic packing a solider before that are fully healed. It creates that drama and intensity when in the middle of a fire fight with "do I have enough time to get this guy up, is a guy around the corner" etc etc.

You must think smart and adapt to a style of thinking outside the box. Bandage the guy, then move behind your firing squad or ask for protection and ask the guy to follow you so then you can heal him fully.

Haven't you ever been in the situation in Squad, being a medic and like in Private Ryan when you stop the bleeding only to have that guy get shot and die? Frustrating right? But creates that atmosphere and that laugher of "you son of a bitch".

Thanks for your feedback. The devs will be looking at all posts to improve playability.

I see your point about the medic in that case you should have the option of dragging the injured member to safety the do some patch work what you think ?

I see your point about the medic in that case you should have the option of dragging the injured member to safety the do some patch work what you think ?

AFAIK they are working on it.

Best game play improvement right now would be to go back in time about 10 days. It's killing me joining servers where people have no intention of playing properly.

I hope most of the people who want to hang around are up to speed soon.

Thing is I'm hearing the weirdest advice in game, i guess it's new players having been told something and re-wording it wrong..chinese whispers effect?

"You can only build defenses after you cap the flag"

"White markers are our caches, purple are theirs"

etc etc blah blah.

"You can only build defenses after you cap the flag"

"White markers are our caches, purple are theirs"

Hey Gonzo! :D

I don't find it THAT bad since the Steam release. You can't compare the playerbase to PR, where most of the guys were around for years. I think now it's our turn (server-admins, squadleaders) to stand our ground and make sure to get this in the right direction. Sure, it will take it's time but most players I met were willing to learn.

Sorry, but I dislike almost all of your suggestions.

1- I like playing medic and I liked the 2 step healing. Indeed it bring more imersion and challenge to the medic role. I think it was a very nice idea.

2- I don't know what you mean. I can orientate my self just fine with the map.

3- No. I don't want hear people's mother/wife/television while fighting. Join in team speak with your mates to do that.

4- They are like that in real warfare and I think it's fine right now. It's much easier than it is in PR. I don't want fictional uniforms just to make diference between the forces.

5- I don't think I've used the smoke granade from taliban, but, at least in the videos I've watched with combat footage, smoke granades takes forever to spread in real life, specially if there's wind.

6- The only point where I agree. I went all out of ammunition while surrounded by enemy forces yesterday. I couldn't pick up fallen weapons on the ground so I was totally useless.

AFAIK they are working on it.

Yes, they are. This picture is from the kickstarter page:

---

medic_flowchart.jpg

---

In my opinion the medical system is almost perfect the way it is. The multi step process encourages teamwork. If I'm too far away from a friendly who needs to be revived, I'll ask a teammate to bandage him before I get there. That makes the medics job faster and prevents the injured soldier from bleeding out.

I have been enjoying squad more and more as the game progresses, and have also been giving feed back to get things improved. Some has been done and some has been considered. However my next recommendation would be.

1. It's fine, if anything you should have to bandage them to stop bleeding, then use an epinephrine like in PR to resuscitate and then use the medkit to bring their health back up.

2. I think I do know what you mean here. I've not noticed it on all maps but on that smaller one with all of the buildings that's very CQB, nothing is in the right place, for example when your map says you're on the road at the bottom of the map, you are in compounds north of it.

3. That would be terrible, you don't want to hear peoples mics constantly picking up all sorts of sound, you'll just have to get used to it and try rebinding your comms keys to something better.

4. Again something you just need to deal with. Try as much as possible to PID targets and check the map before firing on them.

5. If it's realistic then fine but yeah it does take a while to throw them compared to the US ones.

6. Don't care about melee attack so I don't really have any opinion on that.

OP, it is different I know and it does take a bit of getting used to but with time you will find it is most rewarding and hard work to play a medic, the added difficulty makes it more so.

Everything else has been addressed and as you can see above, things are already planned and being implemented.  For a first crack at it it aint bad.

Hey Gonzo! :D

I don't find it THAT bad since the Steam release. You can't compare the playerbase to PR, where most of the guys were around for years. I think now it's our turn (server-admins, squadleaders) to stand our ground and make sure to get this in the right direction. Sure, it will take it's time but most players I met were willing to learn.

You're right, im just being grumpy after some shitty rounds tonight :P