u2had

List all the things you hate in Modern Games

43 minutes ago, Rybec said:

2)Everything is early access now

Lol, yeah even release versions have so many bugs (rushed to market) they play like EA until patched. 

^All of above,gets one's goat...

When are they gonna learn...No gimmicks required here!, but unfortunately for some millions of gamers they just luvit...Fockin' Fools.

I don't like how modern game engines don't scale performance with the number of CPU cores. I've been running a quad core with hyper threading or better since 2008 (OG i7 920) and it seems games are slowly supporting spreading the workload amongst all cores. :/

Fucking...Watch Towers from UBI

they dont understand what makes an open world...a OPEN WORLD GAME...and no..they didnt remove it in WD2, if you read they made it more fucking annoying. now you have to do Mission to unlock the maps...which means more work than watch towers. why cant they just learn from GTA,

sorry for the Vent...this is a venting thread right?

Edited by RaulO4

On 2015-04-04 at 9:53 AM, Morbo513 said:

I don't think there's been a single point when I've been flying trans in PR at which I thought "man, this'd be so much easier with fast-ropes". It's funny how there was so much demand for them when there'd be very few situations in which it'd be preferential to use them over simply landing the helicopter, other than the "cool factor".

The entire idea behind fastroping is to get people on a roof that would not be able to support the weight of a helicopter touching down on it or if there are far too many objects cluttering the area. Moreso the roof thing.

• Gimmicks
  • Lack of story
  • Weak characters
  • DLC (since most aren't good like The Witcher, The Last of Us etc)
  • P2W elements
  • When a series is ruined due to new developers or whatnot (Uncharted)
  • Poor AI
  • Multiplayer as last minute add-ons
  • Too much information/guidance in games (stop the hand holding)

1. Pay2Win elements (GR:P wtf is wrong with you?)

2. DLC that splits the base

3. DLC that takes important parts of the game, be it mechanics or weapons that give other players an edge (glares at EA)

4. PAY2WIN

5.PAY2WIN

Shooters

1. Over-abundance of customization. Literally any class/player in most popular FPS games can be a "sniper" now, which means that they will never take a cap in their life. Really ruined Insurgency and the battlefield series.

2. No animations for getting into vehicles.

3. Picking and choosing when "realism" should be put into the game. In Insurgency everyone was firmly against anything other than one hit kills because it was realistic yet they were perfectly fine with a broken prone system and had an immense whine fest when it got fixed.

4. Health regen

5. Map packs.

6. Hitscan

7. Everything needing to be uber tacticool.

8. Godlike main characters.

9. 3rd person mode. It really only works in a handful of games.

RPGs

1. Overdone high fantasy, really tired of giant flaming foam swords and cool factor armor.

2. Everything becoming open world. 

3. new "Oldschool" rpgs

4. Weak dialogue.

5. Voiced player characters

6. Hand holding.

7. "Streamlining"

8. Skulls, they are cheesy and generic.

9. Lack of evil choices/being forced to be a generic good guy.

10. Lack of pommel throwing.

11. Lack of spears.

12. Being granted some immense position such as king only to have 0 power.

13. Lack of meaningful choices.

In general

1. Console peasants ruining everything

2. Bad console ports

3. Lack of modding

4. Lowering skill levels to cater to casuals.

Massive amounts of unlocks.

Paid DLC that we should have got on release.

Dedicated servers.

Linear Maps.

Ports.

No mod tools.

Pay to win.

One use items / fucking cards (See Halo 5).

DLC.

Broken on release.

Fidelity over FPS.

Monetizing skins.

So everything really. I miss spending 50 bucks and getting everything day one, or unlocking it by playing. I miss having a game last 5 years because creative people mod the fuck out of it. 

Edited by warpigau

I really hate when there is no bullet penetration in shooter games.  I mean come on, games are based on some aspects of life.  With gaming tech now a days its ridiculous to be unable to hit someone through a piece of shitty plywood or something. 

In AAA shooters.

I hate...

HP regen

No bullet penetration

Hackers

Exclusive DLC/Limited Edition items

In game level/rank

Unrealistic UAV scan

Weapons with auto lock-on

No mod tools

No battlerecorder

Broken on release

OP Sniper rifles like we see in CoD.

Cashcow tie-in titles to major franchises. This includes all the movie tie-in games as well as any other big franchise that has a big fanbase that will eat up any old shit you tag the logo they love on. I'm a 40K guy and I cry everytiem they release a half-assed pile of shit with a 40K/Warhammer skin and it still sells sort of ok just because of the logo. 

+1 for day one DLCs for full priced titles. Eat shit SEGA.

1. A lack of interactivity in the game world. A studio that dumps their money into artwork and hardly any into programming.
  2. Game mechanics that hold the players hands. Lack of a learning curve.

12 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Lack of Gordon Freeman.

vBpsQAC.png

On 24.6.2016 at 2:46 PM, DesmoLocke said:

I don't like how modern game engines don't scale performance with the number of CPU cores. I've been running a quad core with hyper threading or better since 2008 (OG i7 920) and it seems games are slowly supporting spreading the workload amongst all cores. :/

Hyper threading will probably never be supported by games. Too much hassle for little gains that only a very few players can take advantage of. There are a couple of games that I know of that are supporting hyper threading. The FPS gain are terrible, I don't understand why the programmers even bother supporting it. But I agree about the cores, they should support more cores. As of now it doesn't matter if your Intel CPU is 5 years old or you bought the latest model today.

Inaccuracies with equipment and service rifles. Russians using M4/M16s and US infantry using AK's or Tavors. Marines using Bradleys. Even Arma 2's use of the Scar L pissed me off. 

On 6/29/2016 at 6:57 PM, Zhenya said:

Pandering to fans, fuck that. Just do your thing and if a small but vocal (it's always a small but very vocal) group doesn't like it, they can suck it the fuck up or stop playing.

So much this. I would single out Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series as a serious offender.

What I personally can't stand is equipment progression purely for the sake of slow dripping content to you. This complaint is obviously not universally applicable (like everything else) but a lot of games do it for no good reason. I accept that it's necessary in f2p games but if a dev/publisher expects me to pay full price for their game AND grind to use the stuff I want then they can go fuck themselves.

In fact, I could probably generalize this to any gameplay "feature" meant to pad content or which serves a purely marketing oriented purpose.

Yeah i also hate lack of mod support especially for game series wich are known to have it in the past. (Battlefield im looking at you. And yes I know they gave some excuse about the engine being to difficult to mod or some shiet like that but I dont know about that.)

Visual saturation; this is okay in singleplayer when they are trying to create an atmosphere etc, but in Multiplayer games it gets frustrating because you miss out on a lot of visual clues, and the gameplay for me suffer because of this. We dont need high def garbage and grafitti along with fritzing electrical wires all over the place. I'd rather be able to make out possible threats so i can react.

Same with audio saturation; I know theres a war going on, so in a game i dont need to hear a tank getting shot up or people screaming that they are out of bullets on the other side of the map when im capping a flag alone and need to hear if somebody is sneaking up on me.

Edited by Kneecap