Noxxid3

Two Solutions for C++ Error

SQUAD WORKS ONLY ON 64 BIT OS

VS C++ Runtimes
Squad just gave VS C++ 2013 and 2015 errors. UE4 would not run..etc etc 

1:

VS C++ 2013 

You can download VS C++ runtime 2013 from the microsoft site google "VS C++ 2013 download" 

Download the 32 and 64 bit versions. 

If already installed uninstall them and reinstall the updated ones you just downloaded. 

VS C++ 2015 

VS C++ 2015 is located in your steam/steapapp/common/squad/redist directory 

Firstly uninstall VS C++ 2015 from programs and features, then reinstall from the squad directory 

Still Not working try this

Then I found developer mode. 

1. on the task bar search "Windows Updates" and open. 

2. On the left side of the panel click "developer" 

3. Click Developer mode radio button, and continue through the warnings that you have control of your system and the software you put on to it. 

4. Re-boot system 

2:

First uninstall the Visual C++ 2015 program. Head to where Squad is installed and you can uninstall it from the redistro folder. I followed this guide for everything else:

"You can find the Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu at below.
C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\469A82B09E217DDCF849181A586DF1C97C0C5C85\packages\Patch\amd64\Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu
copy this file to a folder you like, and 
> wusa.exe Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.msu /extract:XXXX
> DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:XXXX\Windows8.1-KB2999226-x64.cab
> vc_redist.x64.exe /repair"

Now what you need to do is hit the windows key, type %programdata%. This will open the program data folder, and then follow the steps above to find the file. Now my file wasn't in that folder, it was in a different one so search your folders until you find it. Then once you find it, copy it, go to your squad install folder, and paste it in the visual c++ folder. Next, hit run and type cmd and right click it and go to file location. Copy your CMD file and paste it where you pasted the other file in the visual c++ folder where squad is installed. Now right click the CMD and run it as administrator. Now copy each line above next to the ">" one at a time and paste it in the command prompt, hit enter and let it run. Do that for every file. Once you paste the final line, the visual c++ window will pop up and you can now install it or repair it (thanks noquo89)

3: Windows 10:

uninstall the redist.x64 and x86 from Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\_CommonRedist\vcredist

And install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 from here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Make sure windows updates are all up to date as well.

4:This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

They can be found at http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip

Please save these files to any location on your PC;

2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE";

Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option

3. Access C:\Windows\System32;

4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;

5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;

6. Reboot in normal mode

Alternatively, uninstall both 2013 and 2015 C++ Redistributables, reboot and try and reinstall them. (Credit to SuicidalChair)

4: Upgrade to Windows 10 worked for some people

5: Deleting the files out of the squad files (The run time C++ files) And replacing them with the new ones worked for some.

6: Go to steam/steapapp/common/squad/redist directory and delete the files found in "2015" folder, keeps this open. Now go to steam and validate the game files. Should replace them, next go to windows update and install any updates. After each update, keep checking for updates it should find some. Now you need to go back to steam/steapapp/common/squad/redist directory, and click repair on both of the redist (x64, x84). This should fix your problem. IF YOU HAVE THE ERROR 0x80240017 YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD Windows8.1-KB2906956-x64. And repeat.

7:

Litoralis Littoralis  [developer] Dec 27 @ 5:40pm

How to Fix: Steam Downloads only 129.4 MB, and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime is required" error message
We are using the absolute newest version of Visual C++ 2015. Microsoft requires your PC to be up to date for certain Windows Update Security Patches related to Visual C++ .

Problem: 

You download 129Mb and are unable to install Squad and see the following error message:

Error: The following component(s) are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime
Diagnosis: 

Your PC has not run Windows Update in a long time, so long in fact that you do not have the Windows security updates required to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Solution:

It's a bit of a PITA but you'll have a better secured PC out of it in the end. And you'll get to play Squad. And most new games in 2016 will require these updates also, so get it done now.

8:Other games have been dealing with this also:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/starbound-and-visual-c-2015-installer-issues.100091/

Starbound now uses Visual Studio 2015 for the windows builds, which means you need the Visual C++ 2015 runtime to run Starbound on windows. When you run starbound on steam it should automatically install both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of the Visual C++ 2015 runtime.

This thread is for you if you are having trouble installing these runtimes, or experienced any of the following issues:

Error: The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

0x80240017 - Unspecified error

Windows 7 requires Service Pack 1 to install the Visual C++ 2015 runtime. To see if you have Service Pack 1 installed:
Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
This will open a control panel page with information about your computer.
If Service Pack 1 is installed it will show under "Windows edition", if you do not see service pack 1 there you need to install it.
If you have service pack 1 installed, or you are not on windows 7, it wouldn't hurt to install all available service packs anyway.

For windows 8.1 a specific update is required (KB2999226). If for any reason you can't install this update, take a look at this thread for a possible solution: 
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-getting-error-failed-to-configure-per-machi

These issues are not specific to starbound, but to visual c++ 2015, and if none of this helps you may be able to find an answer outside of the starbound forums. Please post here with any logs or other information that can help!]

EDIT:

Some people have reported uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET framework helping.

IF YOU ARE GETTING A RUN TIME ERROR WHEN INSTALLING OR REPAIRIING (0x80240017)

Make sure you have all, "ALL" windows updates installed, if it didnt fix your problem try running CMD (Command prompt) as admin, then type sfc /scannow and make sure that your files are all there. Next go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41076 and download it. Before you run that download, make sure you have C++ runtime uninstalled! After you uninstall it, restart your pc, then run that run time. If that does not work message me and ill figure out why your pc is not working. 

Today i wanted to see if I could write a little script to help some members with their Squad issues.

I wrote this batch file to automate some processes that can help members get squad working or fix some issues they are having.

Current Version: 1.0 (Released 12/31/2015)

Install Instructions
Launch the self-extracting .exe file once downloaded.
Make sure you extract it to your desktop, IT WILL NOT WORK UNLESS ITS ON YOUR DESKTOP
Inside the "Suicidal Squad TS" folder you will find a "Suicidal Squad TS.bat" file, Right click and "Run as Administrator"
2qzJRLN.png

You will see a screen that looks like this:
qgnjzWW.png

(If you do not see the screen above when you run the program, you may be shown an error saying you have 32 bit version of windows, in which case you cannot run Squad as you need 64 bit windows.)

Simply type the letter for the option you want to do and press enter.
Depending on which one you are running, the program may generate log files for you to post here on the forums for other members to help you, they will be found here:
(Inside the Logs folder)
Ya0eFeY.png

What does the program allow you to do?

- This deletes the "Saved" folder in appdata under squad, this will wipe any keybinds or resolution / video settings that were saved.
- you will need to relaunch squad to re-generate a new one.

Generate Event Log File
- Saves a windows event viewer file in the logs folder, this is useful for troubleshooting squad crashing / failing to launch 

[C] Delete Gamepad default layout (For Xpadder etc)
- replaces the input.ini file with a custom one I wrote where I deleted any keybinds for a gamepad (controller) so you can use custom Xpadder binds.

[D] Ping Tests (Connection to Servers)
- Sends 4 sets of pings out to4 different Squad servers in different locations and logs them in the log folder, this can tell us if you can actually see the servers or if they are being blocked some how.
(They ping the TG US server, the red coats UK server, the RIP German server, and a Brazil server)

[E] Install VC Redistributable 2013 + 2015
- Silently installs Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 and 2015 in order silently, if you receive any errors be sure to copy them down so we know.

[Q] Quit
closes the program.

If anyone has any requests or other items they would like to see added to this let me know,
I am also trying to work on adding some custom video settings that give people decent FPS boosts. (hopefully to come soon)" My friend created this program! credit: SuicidalChair

If you have any other solutions, message me and ill edit them into here.

(Edit: Added more Solutions)

Edited by SuicidalChair

@wetblue13 : your link to the .dll files is puttingus in this topic ;)

As I experienced the fact that the file version is important, could you please retrieve the correct link and update your post?

Many thanks in advance

As I experienced the fact that the file version is important, could you please retrieve the correct link and update your post?

Many thanks in advance

Yes i can :)

Many thanks in advance

Done :)

I also am having this problem.  Sad that I got this for a x-mas gift and it wont work.  Windows 7 64x fully updated except for all the languages.  Option 2 seems very technical but I will give it a go.  Sad we have to do this.

Sad we have to do this.

:rolleyes: You know what an Early Access Alpha is? You should expect bugs like that.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/1/458604254439549261/

Litoralis Littoralis  [developer] Dec 27 @ 5:40pm

How to Fix: Steam Downloads only 129.4 MB, and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime is required" error message
We are using the absolute newest version of Visual C++ 2015. Microsoft requires your PC to be up to date for certain Windows Update Security Patches related to Visual C++ .

Problem: 

You download 129Mb and are unable to install Squad and see the following error message:

Error: The following component(s) are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime

Diagnosis: 

Your PC has not run Windows Update in a long time, so long in fact that you do not have the Windows security updates required to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Solution:

It's a bit of a PITA but you'll have a better secured PC out of it in the end. And you'll get to play Squad. And most new games in 2016 will require these updates also, so get it done now.

Other games have been dealing with this also:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/starbound-and-visual-c-2015-installer-issues.100091/

Starbound now uses Visual Studio 2015 for the windows builds, which means you need the Visual C++ 2015 runtime to run Starbound on windows. When you run starbound on steam it should automatically install both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of the Visual C++ 2015 runtime.

This thread is for you if you are having trouble installing these runtimes, or experienced any of the following issues:

Error: The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

0x80240017 - Unspecified error

Windows 7 requires Service Pack 1 to install the Visual C++ 2015 runtime. To see if you have Service Pack 1 installed:
Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
This will open a control panel page with information about your computer.
If Service Pack 1 is installed it will show under "Windows edition", if you do not see service pack 1 there you need to install it.
If you have service pack 1 installed, or you are not on windows 7, it wouldn't hurt to install all available service packs anyway.

For windows 8.1 a specific update is required (KB2999226). If for any reason you can't install this update, take a look at this thread for a possible solution: 
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...e-getting-error-failed-to-configure-per-machi

These issues are not specific to starbound, but to visual c++ 2015, and if none of this helps you may be able to find an answer outside of the starbound forums. Please post here with any logs or other information that can help!]

EDIT:

Some people have reported uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET framework helping.

I solved my C++ and mscv errors by upgrading to W10. No issues in over two months since doing so.

That is a suggestion too :) If all else fails, upgrade.

This is a fix from someone that had issues running:

1.Open CMD using this command " chkdsk /scan" without the quotes ...continue the operation until it's completely done

2.use this command right after scanning is finished "chkdsk /spotfix" ...it will ask u if u agree to restart the device after it finish ...click Y (Yes) ...

3.exit command prompt (CMD) and restart the pc...it will repair automatically when it boots up...

4. When it boots go to control panel-> updates....and update the windows latest updates...

5. After all that u need to uninstall all the Microsoft visual studio run time c++ ...all of it....and install it from this link....u just need to open the VC++ and it will install it automatically......after finish u just need to install Microsoft c++ 2015 ...because the link up there contains all visuals 2005-2013 but not 2015...so u need to install it manually .. * the whole operation takes from 15-20 minutes no more not less.......there is another fixes but this one will fix any problem from code 22 error to run time required .....i had multiple problems with different devices qith different OS ...and i found that this solution works at all.....good luck and sorry for ma bad english

I will fix formatting and grammar in a bit.

This is a fix from someone that had issues running:

I will fix formatting and grammar in a bit.

Will add it :)

I actually upgraded to windows 10, reinstalled squad from a fresh install and now i wanted to manually update Visual C++ and its gives me error 0x80070652 - "Another installation is already in progress".

:|