You can put them in the DedicatedServerGameUserSettings.ini file as shown below -- i have to do this manually as i have noticed the same when the server reboots, it will not be overwritten.

[squadOnlineSessionSettings]
ServerName=Banana Hammock Adventures
ServerPassword=
MaxNumPlayers=60
Banned=76561198268406075
+Banned=76561197985125904
+Banned=76561198062211674
+Banned=76561198201138327
+Banned=76561198166285699

When we first started our server anyone banned with the command AdminBanByID <ID> <Reason> the server seemed to write the player to the file GameUserSettings.ini and everything seemed to work well. However, after the last one or two patches this no longer seems to work.

After testing over the last couple of days banning other members like BabylonCome and wintski from the server and testing to ensure that they couldn't get back in, the server was not writing the ban anywhere but only seems to be using session banning. Therefore when the server crahses or reboots the ban is lifted and they were able to get back on the server.

On further testing by manually adding them to the banlist in any of the files (GameUserSettings.ini, DedicatedServerGameUserSettings.ini or UserGameUserSettings.ini) they were still able to join the server, so it appears that the banlist doesn't seem to work at the moment.

If anyone else has the banlist working and has verified can you confirm how you managed it?

Regardless of the file tested it has always been using the format below (only ever one person banned for testing so + should not be an issue, although also tried that):

[SquadOnlineSessionSettings]Banned=Steam64ID;

As I mentioned in the post literally above yours its working for me with the cfg snippit i dropped in there.....

Why are you using a ; at the end of your banline?

Ah ignore the ; at the end, not used comments in the testing phase of this.

Not sure why it's not working for us if it's working for you (will test all again), but still a major issue with the way bans are handled if only session based rather than the server writing to file for permanent.

Ah ignore the ; at the end, not used comments in the testing phase of this.

Not sure why it's not working for us if it's working for you (will test all again), but still a major issue with the way bans are handled if only session based rather than the server writing to file for permanent.

agreed. If you want to msg me on steam or our teamspeak server we could discuss more/test

Strangely enough on retesting this morning it seems to be stopping people in the banlist joining again, no idea what was going on there.

Just need players we ban to be written automatically rather than session ban and then having to add manually now.

Do I need to add a + to each new line for each new ban?

You do not. Remove +'s -- from all subsequent ban entries. 

EDIT: If you are using the default location you need to use +'s.

In case anyone is having issues making sure bans remain in place after servers going through a restart, this is what I'm doing:

Each server is launched via a batch file. This happens during manual launch or auto-restart (or initial server startup). The start-up batch runs two other batch files before initiating the SquadServer.exe.

1. Batch1 to run a simple backup of server configs.  (C:\Squad\Squad\Config\various.ini)
  2. Batch2 that pulls the locally stored config file that the banlist resides in. This config file has no server-specific configs, so it can be applied to any/all servers. I call this the global banlist.(C:\Squad\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini)

When a player is banned on the server, the config files are not automatically updated. Our admins run a batch file to retrieve the logs from the servers that are online and timestamps the log file accordingly--Server1-MMDDYYY, etc. The admin can quickly go into the retreived log file and ctrl+f search for the banned player's name to get the Steam64ID. This ID s copied/pasted into a Google Spreadsheet, along with other basic info related to the ban. The spreadsheet has a CONCATENATE formula to create the BANNED=STEAM64ID string. This column can be copied/pasted to the (local) global banlist (detailed above).

Once the (local) global banlist is updated, all servers will pull that config file into the server directory upon restart.

Hope this helps

The +'s depend on which file you are using to list the bans.

If like us Scarypunk, they use DedicatedServerGameUserSettings.ini for all configuration then you need the +'s, if using the other options then you don't

The +'s depend on which file you are using to list the bans.

If like us Scarypunk, they use DedicatedServerGameUserSettings.ini for all configuration then you need the +'s, if using the other options then you don't

This is it. If you're using the default location (Squad/Config) then you use +'s

If you're using the user location (squad/saved/config/windowsserver) then you do not use bans.

Simple test to know. 

Looks like the banlist has stopped working since last patch, we had 2 peeps on our server last night which were previously banned and their ID matched what was in the cfg file yet they were on our server.

Our current bans.cfg looks like this:

1234567890988774:0

Obviously replace 123 with Steam64ID