Sign in to follow this  
Shep

[SOLVED] Move right Key binding bug

Hello, I've just started the game and I'm facing my first problem :

When i try to bind "Move right" to the "D" button, the game put the "Z" in the second key binding. The same "Z" i'm using to move forward. And I can't erase the second bind.

Please help me ! Thank you !

Find my DefaultInput.ini here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Z2bBiaUbR9ZC1ZVTYyTTVveWM/view?usp=sharing

The problem :

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/388797915332157536/4342D08CBE2DB3648C0AC1EFF9409BD377E18A8A/

You use z to go forward?

What game are you playing 0.0

Just reset to defult and put z again instead of w

Yes, I use Z because i'm european (french) and I have a azerty keyboard.

Also, I can't delete the Z key binding (by pressing escape, it bind escape...)

I have also azerty.

Its trail and error atm, try to add different keys to it.

In the end it worked for me.

I've tried a lot of keys... It didn't work...

Devs, can you help me ?

I've tried to modify the DefaultInput.ini but it does nothing. I've set move right to Z ONLY, and the file keep showing 

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)

and 

-AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)

I've tried a lot of keys... It didn't work...

Devs, can you help me ?

I've tried to modify the DefaultInput.ini but it does nothing. I've set move right to Z ONLY, and the file keep showing 

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)
and 

-AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)

From + and - signs, you are editing defaultinput.ini.. Did you remove input.ini file from appdata? if not so that is the reason your editing doesn't update to the game. ALSO it will work if you place the minus sign in right place here:

AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=-1.000000) now D makes your character to strafe(move) left (left is inversed right after all).

Also to be noted that now when the game is shared through steam and there is daily updates you should use input.ini instead of defaultinput.ini. That way possible updates do not overwrite your bindings.

Have you read and tested my keybinding thread??

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/4526-all-about-rebinding-keys-at-pre-alpha/

Does this work for AZERTY ?

AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=A,Scale=1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Q,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)

Ok, First, I would like to thank you. If you come to Paris, i'll buy you a drink.

Second, I've solved my problem. There is indeed a cached version of the defaultinput.ini saved under the name Input.in in appdata. I've found it and fixed it by copy/paste the code you gave (for rebinding the movements) :

AxisMappings=(AxisName="LookUp",Key=MouseY,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=A,Scale=1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Q,Scale=-1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000)AxisMappings=(AxisName="Turn",Key=MouseX,Scale=1.000000)
Editing the file n°2 fixes the problem.