Sign in to follow this  
Stigie

I want to open the maps and their assets in Squad with UE 4.10

So I just wanted to open the maps as a level with the Unreal Editor to do it for further modding, content creating and using it as a learning asset, but the editor always crash.

For example: When open a level in Squad/Content/Maps/Chora/Chora1.umap, it crashes at 75% on the loading bar.

Am I missing some tools or do I need to open it with a different method.

I'm a GIS student, so I have no experience with modding/using UE, but I want to search for spatial data inside the game levels for further content.

Those files cannot be opened because the SQ-devs intentionally "locked" the files. You will have to wait for the SDK to come out before you will have access to the "unlocked" files.

Thank you for the fast reply! :)

Is there any way where I can find out ingame what is my specific location in X,Y,Z coordinates? Is there a console command for it or it's also locked out from public for awhile?

Thank you for the fast reply! :)

Is there any way where I can find out ingame what is my specific location in X,Y,Z coordinates? Is there a console command for it or it's also locked out from public for awhile?

Why would you want to know this?  There is no good reason for the info that I can think of.

Why would you want to know this?  There is no good reason for the info that I can think of.

The reason is that I want to make new thematic maps out from game levels by using spatial data.

Simply if I can get many XYZ coordinates points in a certain game level (exp. Fools road) I can create contour lines then after I can make an digital elevation model (DEM) by using GIS mapping techniques and software.

From out of that DEM you make many terrain related thematic maps out for example a topographic map.

someone wants to make an aimbot..

Hey, thanks for the accusing, greatly appreciated.

This post was made for clan training purposes, as were also on casual play and going onto competitive play by having this we can open a whole new world of tactics as such.

TAW does not allowed any form of 3rd party software used from its members such as hack or wall hacks, nor do we condone use of bugs on such as see through walls.

this will only be used for training purposes and tactics making.

Regards,

TAW LowK

The files are still not available no matter what reasons that anyone wants them for.  In the future there is suppose to be an SDK but no one except the DEV's know what files or what format that kit will take.