RipGroove

"Can I run it?"

Or rather, 'how well can I run it?'

I know I know there are a ton of these threads but I've been skimming them and have yet to find a system exactly like mine so as much as I hate to spam up the forum with another one I'm really anxious to know how it'll run for me when I can finally set my PC up again on Sunday.

OS - Win8.1

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

CPU - Intel i7-4790k (Stock Clocks)

CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

GPU - SLI EVGA 780ti SC (Stock Clocks)

RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance

PSU - Corsair HX1000

SSD1 - Samsung Pro 120GB

SSD2 - Samsung EVO 256GB

'Monitor' is a Sony Bravia 42" W7, 60Hz so I'm only looking for 60fps @ 1080p.

Also I'm aware that if the unofficial SLI 'fix' does not work out well for me then I'll just be using the 1x GPU (for now).

Are you kidding?

Of course you can

Just amended my OP, more a question of 'how well will I run it?' As in what FPS at what graphics settings.

I have the same CPU with gtx 970, I can run on epic except shadows on high and get 45-70 FPS on a 60 player server

Thanks, that's not bad then considering a lot of the performance issues on the forum. In most games I can tell instantly if my FPS drops below my refresh rate so anything below 60 will really annoy me! lol Hopefully optimisation will come sooner rather than later.

"Can my $1600 PC run this game guys"

lol your funny bro, yeah youll be able to get like 50-60 fps with that beast

As I said I changed my OP to ask how well it'll run, and as above I hate it when it drops below 60.

It will better in a couple of months

Hopefully

I like your name, I am Goove and you are RIP Groove bahaha.  yea dude you will be able to run it beastmode.  Granted im in 144hz and I dont get anymore than 30-45fps but my rig isnt like yours.  Have fun wrecking fools!

Does this game get stuttery when your FPS is lower than your refresh rate? I know on some games it's a lot more noticeable but on others it isn't?

As I said I changed my OP to ask how well it'll run, and as above I hate it when it drops below 60.

Hopefully

It will drop below 60 with every cpu at this stage with epic settings on a 60 player server.

I like your name, I am Goove and you are RIP Groove bahaha. yea dude you will be able to run it beastmode. Granted im in 144hz and I dont get anymore than 30-45fps but my rig isnt like yours. Have fun wrecking fools!

lol

It will drop below 60 with every cpu at this stage at epic settings.

Well if everyone is in the same boat then I can't really complain

I honestly don't understand it when you say you can't stand anything less than 60 fps. For me it's impossible to tell the difference between 20 and 60 fps :P

Does this game get stuttery when your FPS is lower than your refresh rate? I know on some games it's a lot more noticeable but on others it isn't?

Squad is the weirdest thing ever,

I play at 38 FPS and It feels like 60 I swear to god,

If I play a game like BF or WoW and it drops to like 30 FPS I notice it big time, but in squad its strangely fluid and looks amazing even at 38 FPS (but this is just my opinion)

I honestly don't understand it when you say you can't stand anything less than 60 fps. For me it's impossible to tell the difference between 20 and 60 fps :P

I don't know why but even without an FPS counter running I can tell right away if my FPS drops below 60, I can see it stutter/lag, I don't like it lol

TBH I even notice jerky movements on my TV while watching movies due to the low frame rate of movies, it drives me up the wall.

If I play a game like BF or WoW and it drops to like 30 FPS I notice it big time, but in squad its strangely fluid and looks amazing even at 38 FPS (but this is just my opinion)

Yeah I know some games are like that and it feels OK, good to hear that it might not be so bad in this game then.

Maybe because in squad you don't have unlimited sprint so as you don't move as fast often it seems smoother even if you are sub 60 FPS

Maybe because in squad you don't have unlimited sprint so as you don't move as fast often it seems smoother even if you are sub 60 FPS

Slower paced of single player games usually handle an FPS drop better than fast twitch shooters or racing games.

I don't know why but even without an FPS counter running I can tell right away if my FPS drops below 60, I can see it stutter/lag, I don't like it lol

TBH I even notice jerky movements on my TV while watching movies due to the low frame rate of movies, it drives me up the wall.

Sounds like a pain to me :P Glad I don't suffer like that :)

Honestly I have 144hz monitor and I only get like 34-45 FPS and i get no Stutter or flicker....

That's really encouraging to hear