Sign in to follow this  
Ratcatcher

Switching Teams - Issue

Hey,

OK this came up last night with some people on my squad suggesting the reason why our FOB's kept getting found and over-run was due to players abusing the "swap team" button.

It would seem that players were coming onto our side, checking out the locations of our FOB's/Rally points then jumping back to the other side. I have checked and theres nothing ( other than a spawn delay ) to stop you doing this.

So my question is, can measures be taken to try and limit this type of exploit ( by locking the swap teams button once a game is running maybe? ). Its a sad fact that there will always be people out to ruin the experience of others and I realise there is only so much you can do to prevent it, but just wanted to rasie it as a concern.

In BF2 you could only switch teams if they were unbalanced and wouldnt let you switch again for long period of time has passed...plus there was auto balance...being switched by auto balance was sometimes annoying. Can all players switch teams willy nilly?

If that's whats going on it would be so gayuh! Tbh, i dont think any of the alpha player base would do this.

Tbh though, it might also be your own team giving the location. Most players tend to start shooting after spawning, or constantly attack an objective from the same direction.

Both give away the position away pretty easy, any smart player/squad will start looking for it in the general area.

Also.. Most people put them in the most retarded and open places.

If that's whats going on it would be so gayuh! Tbh, i dont think any of the alpha player base would do this.

Tbh though, it might also be your own team giving the location. Most players tend to start shooting after spawning, or constantly attack an objective from the same direction.

Both give away the position away pretty easy, any smart player/squad will start looking for it in the general area.

Also.. Most people put them in the most retarded and open places.

Well it happened last night and was certainly the first time I had noticed this. Bottom line is, yes at the moment you can swop teams as many times as you like ( or so it seems, not sure if the timeout increases every time you do it ). It would be easier to just shut off the swop functionality though.

I would also agree that I have seen many simply awful spots for FOBS and rally points, last nights locations weren't bad at all, in fact they really were quite well placed, which led me to the conclusion that this was certainly a possibility.